Nomura America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nomura America Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nomura America.

Interview

Multiple rounds, good interaction and thoughts shared. Focus was more on personaity fit. There were some scenario quesitons and basics were tested. Depends from team to team and some ineterviews in Risk and Quants could be tougher

Fixed Income Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone screenings before a super day. the first 2 phone calls are not too technical, just asking about my resume and related experience. the interviewers were very helpful in helping me preparing for the super day.

Global Markets Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I received a first round interview the day I applied for the position and was invited for a super day the following week. I went into the office and met with 3 different group managers. Enjoyed all of the conversations and each person was very intent on learning who I was. The interview environment was friendly and entirely fit based with sprinkles of technical questions in there to make sure I studied, but nothing absurd.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me why you would choose to invest (or not invest) in a certain security?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nomura America (Hoboken, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very liberal. He asked few behavioral questions and few technical questions from the resume. I answered with confidence and he was kind of impressed towards the end . He mainly asked team based questions . Overall experience was fine could have done better since the interviewer was kind .

Interview Questions

• what will you do if one of your teammates isn't working in the project ?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for summer technology analyst at CTS, Nomura Americas. Applied through campus portal. First round of interview on campus (1 interview). Second round of interview in their NYC office (3 interviews)

Interview Questions

• OLAP, OLTP, Shares vs Bonds, Excel (V look up), SQL queries, OOPS, Balance sheet, Income statement   Answer Question

Associate Senior Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

After a brief discussion with HR, I had a initial telephonic session with 2 analysts for about an hour.
    This was followed by in person interview - was interviewed by 7 ~ 8 people last about 3 hours.
    At last was interviewed by Division head.
    Offer was made in the following week and background checks took about 3 ~ 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Datawarehouse concepts, SQL questions, Unix scenario questions and commands.
      Application support processes, ITIL related questions.
      Questions on Trade Lifecycle, Equities and fixed income asset classes.
      Answer Question

Enterprise Infrastructure Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura America in November 2014.

Interview

Applied through Campus for Risk Technology Summer Analyst position but some how they transferred me to EIS department. Interview was quite easy. They asked me all the technical questions based on my resume. I was good in that. Later interviewer started asking questions about networks(position related questions), which I screwed.

Interview Questions

• If your laptop is crashed, where will you find log information related to it on computer after restarting it?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview was not too difficult. Very laid back interview environment. 3 managers interviewed me and made sure I feel comfortable. They asked me about challenges I overcame and problems I resolved in past. Questions were pretty much standard behavioral interview questions.

Associate Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with several people from the department I would be working in and was given a skills test. The final interview was with the head of my dpt. All 4 interviews were done in one day at my request. A job offer was made within a few hours.

Interview Questions

• The JE's associated with journalizing a invoice, PPD, the effects on the balance sheet and P&L   Answer Question

Negotiation

I'm not a good negotiator, I gave a starting # and they came back with 5k less. They do ask for W2's of previous employment to verify your previous salary so keep that in mind.

Analyst, Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura America (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

4 rounds of interview. One at campus, 3 at onsite. The 3 rounds were technical based questions. Previous experience, past projects. all were very friendly and nice. It was a good experience.