Nomura Holdings Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nomura Holdings Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.1

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in October 2013.

Interview

Not Impossible interview, with some questions about CV and future expectations. There are 30 minutes for a sale pitch with some questions on actual situation of markets. Overall the guys were nice and tried to relax us.

Interview Questions

• Describe aims and structure of the most important central banks.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There were 5 rounds. First round was the group discussion. The second round was HR interview. The third round was a computer test(MS Excel). The final round was the interviews(2 interviews).

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

The process is about 20mins. Standard interview questions but slightly more specific than usual. Its like asking when was the last time you went to a bathroom with 2 sinks and 6 lightbulbs with the celling painted red.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

It was mix of HR and business head - one technical round and one HR round: Technical round had general valuation and industry questions. HR round focused more on fit and long term goals

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds - HR, Technical & Business.
    HR round would be focused on communication skills; technical round would test your knowledge about product & process & business round would be focused on suitability for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

First is excel round, just to test your excel skills. Nothing related to selection. Next is HR which asks basics about you. Next is with manager, which actually selects you if you are good enough. Last is with VP.

Interview Questions

• Basics about you, your education your role and about current role if you have any knowledge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

An ex colleague referred me for a role at Nomura.

I had a 30 min interview with the HR about my CV, future aspirations, why I was looking to leave my current job etc.

I then had an interview with a Manager and a VP lasting about 15 mins. Since the current role was an exact match of my skills acquired over my career, I was prepared.

I got a call the next day from the HR confirming my selection and it followed with an offer letter which I received after 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What is Total Equity? (I knew the term as Open Trade Equity)

Sometimes the terms you are familiar with are known by different names by other organizations so please ask them to explain the question better if you are not sure.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

There are lot of perks which you receive apart from your salary so I would not advise to negotiate much.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Ranchi (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Questions - Mostly puzzles, Related to basics of technology. Last round was with the HR who was very friendly. No scope of negotiation as it was a campus interview. Fist round was basically aptitude test which was difficult and most of the people were rejected in that. Around 150 questions were there which were required to be solved in a time bound manner.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible as it was a campus interview.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in November 2011.

Interview

Written test(english and aptitude)
    2 rounds of interview(1 technical and 1 hr)

Interview Questions

• How will manage if a person in your group is unwilling to perform a task?   3 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in October 2011.

Interview

First round was an aptitude test which was simple but was time constrained which led to lower scores. Next round was the technical interview, questions were on final year project, and the skills mentioned in resume. Finally, HR interview, they tested GK on company, country, etc and communication ability.