Nomura Holdings Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nomura Holdings Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

So I’ve never worked at Nomura but went for an interview a week back. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to this company the experience I had was awful and upsetting. No one should experience this, So I was invited for an interview which was pretty much last min and being in the middle of quarter end I adjusted and went along. I was told 2 people would interview me. The first person that interviewed me did and everything went well however she didn’t have my updated cv but I told her what I was currently doing and straight away I knew she wasn’t interested as it wasn’t the role I was interviewing for but I do have vast amount of experience in finance but am doing something diff (which in
my opinion shows I can do diff kind of roles). So after the first half hour of my interview she went to invite the other person that was meant to do the other half of the interview, I saw her on her phone outside the room, she walks back into the room and says oh sorry he’s stuck in a meeting. Sorry a professional company sets up interview with candidates and then doesn’t turn up! I knew straight away she had informed him that I wasn’t the right candidate and probably so said don’t waste your time interviewing anyways she escorted me out of the building. I was left so upset esp because i took time out of my busy sch to attend this interview and I had the experience that the job required, yes I don’t currently do the job but I have done it and that is what matters! It’s not my lost but treating people like this is not professional and I would hate anyone being treated like that, esp when people prepare and take so much time out of their busy sch to go for interviews. I would love to name and shame this person but I’m a professional qualified accountant and will act professionally and although she claims to be a senior leader her interview skills proved she’s not worthy of that leadership! I work for an investment
bank and I know that the bank I work for would never treat anyone like this.

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, not many job relevant questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura Holdings

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (San Francisco, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

Invited to the office after resume review and met with nine employees in the San Francisco Office. Very positive atmosphere and likeable employees. Mostly filled with executives from bulge bracket banks.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Multiple rounds, good interaction and thoughts shared. Focus was more on personaity fit. There were some scenario quesitons and basics were tested. Depends from team to team and some ineterviews in Risk and Quants could be tougher

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in January 2014.

Interview

Met with 3 senior managers. They were courteous, but seem over their head based on the questions. The 3 senior managers were conflicted in how to ask questions and direction of the interview. I was asked personal questions (marriage status and kids) which are not appropriate under current environment. One of the manager wanted someone that is married with kids because he felt the employee has more at stake.

Interview Questions

• They were interested in talking about their experience than my potential contribution to the department and company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews and superday

Interview Questions

• What would my company do to raise capital? Case study on a bike store. Know how the three financial statements affect each other. What other banks are you talking to.

Not to difficult, but this was when they were in expansion mode   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was quick but very detailed. I met with a bunch of different people at varying titles in a variety of groups. I had 3 follow-up meetings after the initial interview but the process moved along very quickly.

The questions were very technical and you should be prepared to own everything on your resume. Be able to say something insightful about each experience instead of simply reciting each achievement.

You should also have a good pitch as to what you can add to the platform. Fake it til you make it sums it up pretty well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Nomura?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very negative experience. Was pressured to ruin prior relationships with boss at the time. Was not treated fairly by HR or the people conducting the interview. Hold out for as much money as possible, if you can. If you can't get way more than in your current job, don't bother because it's not worth it. If you don't have a job, take what you can.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

It was long. Lots of questions. Pretty tedious.

Interview Questions

Did not like corporate culture.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Friendly contact, very long drawn-out interview process of 3-4 separate meetings in person. The exact length and goal of the process seemed rather unclear.
    They seem to expect a lot of interview preparation.

Interview Questions

• How does Goldmann Sachs and Morgan Stanley differ from each other and Nomura in their respective approaches to business   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Tech Lead for Java

Interview Questions

• most of the questions were on advanced core java.   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in April 2009.

Interview

There are two rounds of phone interviews by the Nomura investment banking teams, usually associates from the departments. After that there will be a face to face round at their respecitve location of choice, e.g. Hong Kong. If that round is passed, the rest is meeting with other departments to get introduced and be familiarised with the system. Then it is followed by salary and package reviews. The final offer takes about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you are quite frastrated but managed to overcome it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a situation where you demonstrated quality leadership.   Answer Question