Nomura Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nomura Holdings Interview Questions

Interviews at Nomura Holdings

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in February 2020.

Interview

They scheduled a 30-min phone call with me about a week in advance. Interviewers would introduce themselves, ask you 3 to 4 questions, and finally walk you through the internship structure.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Leadership experience. Teamwork.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

One initial phone interview, mostly personality and fit based questions. The next stage was a video conference interview with 4 different people. Interviewed for the operations position and was not asked too many technicals. Overall a very straightforward process.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Interview with 2 rounds with members of the team. It was pretty avg and non descript process. Pretty easy questions and they were nice folks. Surprise the questions weren't harder

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Submitted application on the website, and received phone interview several weeks later. HR was very kind. Asked me to walk through my resume and asked several related questions, like the programming language and libraries I used. Didn't receive any behavioral questions but were asked to bring up some questions to Nomura. I asked something about their internship program but guess that was not something they were looking forward to. The whole process was about 20 minutes and the HR said I'll receive the reply within 3 weeks, but I haven't got any yet.

Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Boston, MA) in November 2019.

Interview

Very nice attitudes, but some hard questions. I walked in during Boston CFN and had a chance to interview with them. There was also an internship for Investment Bank which can be more competitive.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Fixed income.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings in November 2019.

Interview

Initially, resume screening was there. After getting shortlisted there is one telephonic interview. The interviewer was nice, clam and knowledgeable. But the questions were not easy at all.
    Overall interview process for good.

Interview Questions

• 1) Introduce yourself.
      2) Few questions related to resume.
      3) Deep OOPs questions. From basic to high level everything.   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Interviewer asked about my resume and why IB. Phone Screen interview. Quick phone call, gave some background about themselves. Average process, regular IB type of interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Applied Online. Received notice within a week for the first round. First Round was a 30 min phone call with few technicals and behaviors. Second round in-office with 2 analysts and MDs.

Public Affairs Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Washington, DC).

Interview

Came in for an hour-long interview. Had a great conversation and enjoyed meeting the team. Was then asked to do a writing assignment that involved watching a 90 minute congressional hearing and summarizing it. A little over a month later, I had not heard anything back. I searched for the job title on LinkedIn and saw that someone else had been offered the role.

In the future, I would ask that you please send me a note letting me know that you do not respect my time and have no courtesy as a hiring office before I waste hours of my time only to come to the same conclusion.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your experiences, why you want the role   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings.

Interview

Long interview. Met with numerous people that were friendly and wanted to know me. Asked about my background in tax and thoroughly inquired about my prior job experiences. Had some basic conceptual questions about tax.