Nomura Holdings Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

3.3

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

The normal process has an aptitude test conducted by MeritTrac. After this, shortlisted people have to go through 2 Tech rounds and 1 HR round.
    They also have one more process that they have started from 2017, that is through a coding contest (Called KakushIN for 2017) .
    They provide a problem statement for which each team (of 2 people) have to submit a executive summary. From all the submissions, 10 are selected from each college. Then these 10 teams have to present in front of Nomura panel. From these 10 teams, 2 from each college are selected. The final teams have to go to Nomura office and code the solution in 12hrs (hackathone) and then next day there are 2-3 presentations like code review, management review. All the final teams get a PPI, the winner gets a PPO. Apart from this, 1st winners gets Macbook, 2nd gets iPad and 3rd gets GoPro cams. These prizes are just for encouragement. The contest is mainly for recruitment process and shortlisting good coders. Overall it was a good experience. After PPI, you just have one final HR round.

Interview Questions

• Basic HR questions. Like where do u see yrself in 5 yrs, how can you work in teams, what are your future plans, how did you lean particular tech, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

On Campus, 2017
    Round 1: written aptitude test (verbal, logical, quants)
    Round 2: Technical interview (core java, dbms, puzzles)
    Round 3: Technical interview (data structure, puzzles)
    Round 4: HR (family background, strengths, weakness, why nomura? what do you know about nomura?)

Interview Questions

• BST, B tree, Merge sort, Quick sort, complexity analysis.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of Aptitude, 2 technical rounds, and 1 hr round. Aptitude was based on quants, general, verbal, and analytical reasoning. Technical rounds consisted on SQL, DBMS, JAVA, some data structures concept. HR was just like normal HR but some GK questions were also asked.

Interview Questions

• In SQL, questions on Joins, Indexes, keys, normalization, views, etc
      Some logical puzzles, In Java access modifiers, JDK JRE JVM, garbage collection, final vs finally etc
      threading, inheritance,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

1st round- telephonic (basic java), 2nd round - F2F (core java concepts. programming ability checked), 3rd round - F2F (testing and domain related questions followed by people management questions. existing system was explained and asked to devise test strategy)

Interview Questions

• Producer Consumer problem using a Factory and Warehouse example   1 Answer

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Powai, Maharashtra (India)).

Interview

3 rounds of interview
    HR round
    Technical round
    Personal interview
    HR interaction was amazing even managers who took interview were very knowledgeable as well helpful and professional. Interview process was made very comfortable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There were 5 rounds. First round was the group discussion. The second round was HR interview. The third round was a computer test(MS Excel). The final round was the interviews(2 interviews).

Back Office Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

They ask us to come at 11 am but actual interview started from 12.15 pm.
    process was good.
    hr & all staff was good.
    infrastructure was awesome.
    first hr round is there.
    next round is technical.
    & there is a final round also.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from Recruitment company and they schedule for an interview at 9:30 AM Powai-Mumbai location. I reached Nomura office at 9:20 AM and there were around 125+ people sitting in different rooms. They were only 3 panels and I waited for 7 hours for face to face interview. My interview started at 4:00 PM and I was fully exhausted. There were 2 rounds of technical interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) There are 20 objects and only 7 objects needs to be destroyed. Write an algorithm to destroy only 7 objects using Garbage collector only.

2) Write an program to check if there is '{' symbol in string then there should also be '}'.

3) What is Partition in SQL?

4) What will make an application architecture Best ?   Answer Question

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in June 2016.

Interview

HR - Basic info about urself and about job discreption will be given
    Technical-all finance and risk related questions
    VP - more about previous experience and product knowledge of banking sector
    Director - general questions of previous work ex and basic risk management questions
    Final HR round for salary negotiation and then done

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

hacker earth coding challenge followed by 1 telephonic round as initial screening
    After clearing these two went for face to face at nomura premises.
    3 rounds
    1) Technical round with two senior developers
    2) Manegerial round
    3) VC round with onsite developers in US.

not very difficult technically but a very gruelling process,

Interview Questions

• the most challenging thing that you have done in your career.   Answer Question