Nomura Holdings Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Nomura Holdings Interview Questions in Mumbai, India

Updated Jan 14, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

There were 5 rounds. First round was the group discussion. The second round was HR interview. The third round was a computer test(MS Excel). The final round was the interviews(2 interviews).

Back Office Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

They ask us to come at 11 am but actual interview started from 12.15 pm.
    process was good.
    hr & all staff was good.
    infrastructure was awesome.
    first hr round is there.
    next round is technical.
    & there is a final round also.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a call from Recruitment company and they schedule for an interview at 9:30 AM Powai-Mumbai location. I reached Nomura office at 9:20 AM and there were around 125+ people sitting in different rooms. They were only 3 panels and I waited for 7 hours for face to face interview. My interview started at 4:00 PM and I was fully exhausted. There were 2 rounds of technical interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) There are 20 objects and only 7 objects needs to be destroyed. Write an algorithm to destroy only 7 objects using Garbage collector only.

2) Write an program to check if there is '{' symbol in string then there should also be '}'.

3) What is Partition in SQL?

4) What will make an application architecture Best ?
      Answer Question

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

hacker earth coding challenge followed by 1 telephonic round as initial screening
    After clearing these two went for face to face at nomura premises.
    3 rounds
    1) Technical round with two senior developers
    2) Manegerial round
    3) VC round with onsite developers in US.

not very difficult technically but a very gruelling process,

Interview Questions

• the most challenging thing that you have done in your career.   Answer Question

Software Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

1st Technical Telephonic => 2nd HR => 3rd Executive Director (ED) => May have 1 more technical, final round is F2F Technical.

Overall experience was good but ED round was messed up. Despite of informing that I am not very good in Database programming (as my current role is in C++ and completely as application developer, the interviewer kept asking me all database Q's. And guess what I was eliminated saying C++ is good but Database is average. I am sure It was diff for them to eliminate me on any stupid reason for C++ skills.

Suggestion would be though the role is for C++ prepare for Database too like SQL joins....

Interview Questions

• Some Q's about boost, stl, OOP's concepts Inheritance, static and dynamic binding related Q's, DLL's, Design Patterns (they are not much interested in Creational patterns) Sorting and Search.

Some puzzles are asked too.
      Answer Question

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was simple, not much of stress. It took place at the company's office itself. There were 3 rounds of interviews. Technical, HR and Panel Interview involving Head of the Compliance team of India. The 3 interview rounds lasts for approx. 6 hours and soon after any of your round you are told to wait for next or to leave. The results of the final round was communicated through college Placecom.

Interview Questions

• Why should you be preferred over other candidates?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

Three Rounds - HR, Technical & Business.
    HR round would be focused on communication skills; technical round would test your knowledge about product & process & business round would be focused on suitability for the job.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powai, Maharashtra (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Powai, Maharashtra (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

I got recruited via campus placements. In the aptitude test, 23 students were selected out of 300+. After that there were 4 rounds, each lasting 30-35 minutes. Two rounds for Technical and two for HR. Technical interviewers were very friendly and asked logical questions as opposed to programming ones. HR interviewer seemed bored and kept throwing tricky questions my way. In one of the interviews, he yawned, got up and left the room for a walk. Ofcourse, they do all this to test your nerves. Hold your own and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• 1) How does makemytrip.com give you instant results even though its mainly a DB websites and querying is extremely slow in DBs?   2 Answers
    • 2) You have two jugs. One of 5lts and one of 3lts. You want 4lts of water. (You also have abundant supply of water.) How do you measure out exactly 4lts using the jugs?   3 Answers
    • 3) This is a very boring company with a dull job profile. You'll probably want to quit and leave before the year ends. Why do you want to join anyway?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Fixed offer of 8.09 lakh per annum. Its very lucrative to a fresher so negotiations weren't needed.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

First is excel round, just to test your excel skills. Nothing related to selection. Next is HR which asks basics about you. Next is with manager, which actually selects you if you are good enough. Last is with VP.

Interview Questions

• Basics about you, your education your role and about current role if you have any knowledge.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura Holdings (Mumbai (India)) in February 2014.

Interview

Quite average, phone screen 2, global f2f through video, top management screening
    they take background verification after that, they are very worried to shell out money for the prospective candidate. The interview tests your technical, architectural and personality traits, teqm fitment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is pathetic; the hr would like to squeeze the last drop of blood from your body to give you the money.