Nomura International Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nomura International Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura International (New York, NY).

Interview

2 rounds:
pre-phone screen - HR contacted, essentially about my background but I don't think this impacts whether you get the 1st round or not. (just to get to know you)
1st round - 2 interviewers over the phone and 2 brain teasers each
2nd/ Superday - 3 interviewers (1 behavioral/brain teaser, 1 case study/technicals, 1 market focused)

Interview Questions

• brain teasers
    generic market overview
    case study - basic accretion/dilution questions (p/e multiples)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nomura International

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nomura International (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

HR telephone screening 30 min, 1st round phone interview*2 30 min each, final round on site NYC office, 1 interview with HR 30 min, 1 case study with an ED from ECM 45 min to finish the case with 9 questions 30 min case interview, 1 interview with an ED 30 min. After 3 interviews have to finish one language test both in English and Chinese

Interview Questions

• Why Nomura? Why IBD? What can you bring to Nomura? What's is WACC? How is WACC related to risks? How to calculate beta? Why would comparable companies have different multiples especially EV/EBITDA in the case?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by online tests

First interview on the phone with two junior analysts. Very informal and friendly. Mainly competence questions, but also some maths and brain teasers.

Final round interview - three interviews with senior representatives, CV and competency questions. 1 case study, had to present on an acquisition

Interview Questions

• If you have a 10 x 10 x 10 cube and paint the outside, how many cubes are left unpainted   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

OTs (logic, maths and verbal), telephone interview (asked basic valuation questions (DCF etc.), my motivation for joining nomura and superday (M&A/PE case, brainteasers and 3 interviews). Be aware of brainteasers at superday: got the standard ones.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Hong Kong Sales and trading Summer Analyst programme
    Online application with CV and CoverLetters

One Telephone interview with HR. Questions include why Nomura and why this role.

After that I got 2 Skype conferences interviews at the London Office
    First with 2 junior bankers
    The second one (final round) with 4 senior bankers

Interview Questions

• Why Nomura?
      Why this job?
      Some tech questions
      View on the Forex market
      What is your view on CNY in the future?
      Tell me what is the most important quality to suceed in this environment
      Walk Through CV   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nomura International (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in November 2015.

Interview

Atmospehere was nice, very competent guys in Frankfurt office. Though, a little subjective
    Two interviews: personal and case study
    Case study on M&A Deal. All range of questions from Basic Accounting to Valuation and M&A theory.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process started with the application form and two psychometric tests (numerical and logical). Then invited to first round interviews at Nomura offices, which consisted of a case study and 2 interviews with analysts - one interview was based on the case study and was very technical in nature, while the other was more competency based. Final round consisted of 4 back-to-back interviews with senior members of the business (mix of competency, motivational and technical questions, with one brainteaser). Included usual Why IB, why Nomura, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is the formula for WACC? Is Beta really a good reflection of corporate risk?   Answer Question
    • What factors would you consider when preparing a sell-side M&A pitch?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nomura International (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in October 2015.

Interview

Got a phone interview from a third agency. All behavioral questions. And the questions are routine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

The Interview consists of a technical study and a competency based interview. The competency interview is actually not a bad chat with an analyst who read questions from a list and takes notes. The technical interview consists of a presentation for which you are given an hour to prepare. You analyse a recent acquisition and are being asked 10 questions such as how is FCF calculated or why is the deal financed by equity, not by debt

Interview Questions

• Which valuation technique gives the highest value?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nomura International (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Two rounds: first round 2 1 to 1 interviews with analysts and final round with 4 interviews.
    In the first round you should do one written case and in the next interview you should discuss it with the analyst. The other is competency based.
    In the final round everyone is very friendly and everyone is going to ask you something about yourself and about the marker. No technical questions.