Noodles & Company Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Noodles & Company Assistant General Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Noodles & Company

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Denver, CO) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional manager and was hired on the spot for the assistant manager position. There was good energy during the interview. It was conducted at a Noodles & Company location in the afternoon between lunch and dinner. The person I interviewed with was kind and easy to talk to. The interview itself was very easy and I was hired right away. Unfortunately I was offered far less than I was worth and told I would make more as I moved up. Turns out I continued to make about 10,000 less per year than my male counterparts for the next four years.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Noodles & Company

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Coralville, IA) in January 2016.

Interview

Very calm, relaxed and friendly. Met with area manager and district manager together in a relaxed setting. Asked for any advice they may have or suggestions to help improving myself and they offered some feedback that really helped me become a great asset to the company

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Madison, WI).

Interview

It was rigerous. There were multiple phone interviews, several in person interviews in various locations, oreintations and still more in person interviews. The process provided a good look at the future working relationship between the company and its employees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Lancaster, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

I put in an application to interview for the AGM position with Noodles and Company. Got a phone call from the Area Manager to interview with a GM of another location. I arrived five minutes before my scheduled interview time (10:30AM) to be told that the GM was not in until 11. So I decided to wait around. Another interviewer showed up around 10:45AM who had an 11AM interview. We sat together and chatted about our experience and Noodles and Company. 11AM rolls around, the GM still was not there. Around 11:20, one of the staff tells us that he is running late and that they are very sorry. They offered us free meals while we waited, which was a nice gesture. Armondo (the GM) shows up at 12PM and tells us that he was not aware he had any interviews that day and that he was not scheduled until 12PM, though his entire staff said he was scheduled at 11AM. This already made me not want to work at Noodles and was a waste of my time. I went through the interview answering all of his questions. He seemed more concerned of me not having a restaurant background rather than having the qualifications that meet the job requirements.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to switch from retail to the restaurant industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

Brief, desperate for help. Most important is to pass the background check for managers. Will ask how you do in stressful environments. Mostly just very much in need of hiring anyone at the time of writING this (2018)

Interview Questions

• What is it about the restaurant business that attracts you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (West Des Moines, IA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a two part interview. Day 1: We discussed current management duties, and discussed options as an MIT for an AGM or GM position. Day 2: Reviewed management accumen with positions to decide that an AGM role was more suitable.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with a P&L Tool?
      Describe a budgeting method used in your current role.
      Describe how your management style works in your current role, and how it might be applied to a restaurant.   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noodles & Company.

Interview

Extensive interview process, beginning with a telephone interview, then 2 face-to-face interviews with restaurant management, and finally an interview with a regional director. The 2nd interview with local management was a shadow session.

Interview Questions

• Would (I) be willing to attend a "shadow session" with a current restaurant manager?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Noodles & Company (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and with in about a week I had received a call from a recruiter. The recruiter asked me some basic question and explained the job and some of the benefits. They also asked me some more in depth management based questions like my leadership style, the size of my current team and some random what would you do if questions. After They were finished with their interview questions, the recruiter stated that they felt that I would be a good fit for their company and asked when I would be available to set up an interview. I had an interview the following Monday and met with my areas District Manager. The DM and I sat down in a secluded area of the restaurant and he asked a couple of the same questions the recruiter asked me to check for consistency, and they asked me some other questions like what I enjoyed doing during my downtime, hobbies etc and some other usual interview questions. After we had been talking for about roughly 45 min, they told me that they felt that I would be a good fit for one of their restaurants and wanted me to meet with the area manager, which was a couple days later. I met with the area manager and they told me about them, and asked about myself, what my aspirations were, what I look for when hiring and a couple repeat questions from the last 2 interviews. The meeting lasted about roughly 45 min and they stated that they would talk with the DM and the DM would be contacting me how how we would proceed. I got a call a few hours later and the DM wanted me to set up a time where I could come in to one of the local restaurants for a couple hours and do what they called a "job preview" which basically consisted of them showing me around the place and introducing me to a few of the team members and they showed me how to work one of the stations and worked that station during a lunch period to see if I would like the job and to see how fast I can catch on to things. After that was dont, the DM sat me down and asked me about my experience and if I enjoyed i, what were some things that I noticed, what I thought was interesting etc. The DM then extended me an offer and I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• What was/is the size of your current team that you lead?   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with team member conflict?   Answer Question
    • What challenges would you feel you'd face coming into this role?   Answer Question
    • How would you define leadership? and what type of leader are you?   Answer Question