NorSpark PR, Advertising and Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

PR, Advertising and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick, I went in for the first interview at the end of March and then for a second one the beginning on April.

The preliminary interview was easy, they just get to know you, they ask quite a few questions about what you like to do and why you like doing it. Unless you lack the characteristics and knowledge they are looking for then you're guaranteed a call back for a second interview. They were very friendly too.

At the end of the first interview when I was asked back they told me that the next interview would be with someone else and to allow 2 hours because they would show me around the office, to me this sounded like the office in the building so I could see what everyone did and get a feel for the atmosphere. However when I went in for my second interview it wasn't what I was expecting; they asked a few more questions and then told me that we were going to a Sam's Club store and they would show me what they do, I knew then that it wasn't the job that was advertised. When we got to Sam's club my fear became reality it was a floor sales job trying to sell Spectrum (Time Warner) tv packages to customers. This was not in the job description and I was very disappointed when this happened as the job described sounded exactly like what I wanted to do.

I asked the guy I was on the interview with if this is what they do everyday and he said yes is there a problem, so I kindly stated that it wasn't what I thought the job was and it wasn't for me so we cut the interview short.

Interview Questions

NorSpark Response

Apr 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Dear Sir/Mam,

We are looking into your review as this in not in accordance with our hiring practices. Every applicant is vetted thoroughly and plainly told what our business operations are