NorSpark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at NorSpark

2.5

Marketing & Promotions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

This is a very positive interview. It consisted of 3 interviews, and the process was only 1 week. However, I must say their job listing is very misleading since they told me they only offered 3 positions which were all sales and that the position I would be doing was a client rep which was not what I applied for.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness?   1 Answer

Marketing & Events Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the following day asking for a time to interview with them. My interview was scheduled for the next day, very quick turnaround but I received so many emails from them about the interview beforehand. After I got there and filled out two pages of paperwork, I had to wait 45 minutes for the person I was interviewing with. The gentleman was polite at first but ended up being very cocky. He spent 15 minutes talking about himself and his success with the company - still wasn’t clear exactly what they do as I couldn’t find this anywhere online. He explained the job description which was completely different than the one listed on the LinkedIn ad. He then told me he was partners with Apple and sold Apple products. I was able to cut the conversation and get to the crap this gentleman (aka partner/founder of the company). This IS NOT a company that I would want to work for. This guy completely lied for 30 minutes about what they do and what my job would be. NorSpark hires people to stand in a Sam’s Club or BJ’s and sell Direct TV. That’s what it is. I was offered a job and to go on the next company retreat to Las Vegas and I happily declined and hastily walked out of the room as soon as the meeting was over. I felt bad for the other five people waiting for an interview.

PR, Advertising and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick, I went in for the first interview at the end of March and then for a second one the beginning on April.

The preliminary interview was easy, they just get to know you, they ask quite a few questions about what you like to do and why you like doing it. Unless you lack the characteristics and knowledge they are looking for then you're guaranteed a call back for a second interview. They were very friendly too.

At the end of the first interview when I was asked back they told me that the next interview would be with someone else and to allow 2 hours because they would show me around the office, to me this sounded like the office in the building so I could see what everyone did and get a feel for the atmosphere. However when I went in for my second interview it wasn't what I was expecting; they asked a few more questions and then told me that we were going to a Sam's Club store and they would show me what they do, I knew then that it wasn't the job that was advertised. When we got to Sam's club my fear became reality it was a floor sales job trying to sell Spectrum (Time Warner) tv packages to customers. This was not in the job description and I was very disappointed when this happened as the job described sounded exactly like what I wanted to do.

I asked the guy I was on the interview with if this is what they do everyday and he said yes is there a problem, so I kindly stated that it wasn't what I thought the job was and it wasn't for me so we cut the interview short.

Interview Questions

NorSpark Response

Apr 14, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Dear Sir/Mam,

We are looking into your review as this in not in accordance with our hiring practices. Every applicant is vetted thoroughly and plainly told what our business operations are... More

Marketing and Sales Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in April 2017.

Interview

However it was not revealed until the second round that this was no more than a sales rep position and had absolutely nothing to do with marketing. The compensation was also revealed to be muuuuch lower than the listed salary, and this is an hourly position. Even after discovering that the field meant selling DirecTV in Sam's Club, the interviewer still harped on advancement opportunities and management training to try to persuade overqualified candidates to accept it. Very misleading and deceptive hiring practice.

Interview Questions

NorSpark Response

Jul 3, 2017 – Human Resources Manager

Dear Applicant,

We do vet every candidate extremely thoroughly in regards to our business practices, expectations, promotion requirements and career paths. It is also our practice to review these... More

Supposedly A Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clayton, NC

Application

I interviewed at NorSpark (Clayton, NC) in May 2018.

Interview

I only went on the initial interview. Found out that I would be selling cell phones in Costco. Cancelled the next part where I was supposed to meet with a Trainer for coffee. I decided that this was not what was posted in the job description. Good for recent grads who need sales experience.

Communications & Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NorSpark (Raleigh, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was quick and pretty painless! Appreciated the quick turnaround times. However, the first interview was really just a quick "get to know you" with the hiring manager/head of the company. Not a great use of time as they won't answer many questions about the job itself. Second interview was at a coffee shop with a team leader. Pretty standard interview questions. Fairly casual.

Enjoyed getting to know everyone, but not a great option for someone who has already worked their way up for a few years. They hire everyone into the same entry-level position. Don't let the job title fool you, everyone starts in the same position. This is a lot of "experiential marketing" - aka standing in Costco promoting various items/packages for their clients. Retail hours.