Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview with department manager and store manager. Works highly on referrals.

Interview Questions

• questions on how you plan to train employees. Use specific examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You interview with the Department Manager. They usually use a standard set of questions during the process unless a little more seasoned and can go off the cuff. After the interview there is a tour of the department. Any further questions are conducted over the phone, job offer, acceptance, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview. Was strange, manager left me message to schedule interview, I tried to call back but manager was out so left a message. Had to call the manager back again 5 days later to ask if I still had an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen to find out if they want to even have you come in for an interview. The first interview is with a manager and they will determine if they want to continue with you with a 2nd and most likely, the final interview. They are good at following up in a timely matter. If you don't get scheduled for a 2nd interview, (not always true, but don't count on it) you're more than likely not going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you what you're asking for? It will be discussed based on your experience. They won't give you a final offer in-person. It will be given to you during the follow up offer call.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

First, the hiring department manager interviewed my current dept mgr to review my current performance as an associate. Next, the hiring dept mgr interview me. I assume she did the same with other candidates and had the store mgr and HR weigh in. Then I was notified the salary and benefits package with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How is your department doing currently (struggles, successes, etc), how do you stand out among your team, how can you help make improvements, where do you see your future with the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied from employee website after getting support from department and store manager. Phone interview with department manager, followed by a brief conversation with a different department manager. After a week or so I heard back from the department manager who conducted the interview. This position is only open to internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of someone you took under your wing and helped grow   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty typical. Although when you first apply for management, you reach out to whomever you applied with to set up the interview which I thought is a great way to start things off and allow you to create a sense of confidence right of the get-go.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you admire in a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Annapolis, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was held over the phone because of time constraints. The interview itself was very quick, only lasting about 20 min. The department manager asked the usual questions like why do you think you would be good at this position and what would qualify you.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to manage a team with employees twice your age?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

two interview process with the department manager and the store manager. The department manager already had a standard listed questions written on a paper. The questions were mostly scenario based, i.e., what would you do if…?

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions - how would you solve a customer problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Most positions are filled from internal promotions. I was interviewed by the store manager first and then the store manager. Once interviewed it took them two weeks to get back to me and let me know salary details and scheduling. Once we agreed on a salary I had to sit through a management info class and then I could start to work on the floor with my new title.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary and schedule.