Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 25, 2017

2.5

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was recommended for the job by other leaders in the company. HR reached out to me from my sales role and connected me with the department manager with the open assistant role. Interviewed over the phone briefly, then in person. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not to bad. I applied online. Phone call screening. Went in for a sit down interview. I was asked questions about my experiance in dealing and handling certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Interview was basic and not hard at all. Just be honest and the interview will go well. No need to be nervous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter based out of Washington, then was contacted for an interview with the store manager. They asked basic questions, and the interview lasted about an hour. The final interview was with the district manager, and I had to travel out of town. The final interview took under ten minutes. I was contacted within 2 days about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

it was basically how to manage a team. you need to be organized. having good time management is crucial. it can be fast paced so you have to learn to multitask. great place to work with great people.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, like a conversation. I made sure to ask question and incorporate a lot of company traditions. Care about the team and you should be fine. Make sure to speak to the manager and the store manager at your store before interviewing. After my interview, I spoke to the store manager at the store I was applying to and it was intimidating but it went well. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a department thats experiencing a high turnover rate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Menlo Park, NJ).

Interview

One on one interview. Must go through training. The training is great! Talk about customer service and how the customer is your top priority.
    Talk about how you solve problems and keep calm in stressful situations.
    Research the company. Know about the Nordstrom family.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

My current DM at the time called the hiring DM to let her know I was a great candidate who was going for the position. With Nordstrom it is always beneficial to have support of multiple people in the company so they can speak on your behalf. It was a quick phone interview with the DM then I went in for an interview with the DM a few days later.

Interview Questions

• There are several veteran salespeople on this team. How would you teach and coach them when they have been with the company for 10+ years and you've only been with it for less than 2 years?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview. Was strange, manager left me message to schedule interview, I tried to call back but manager was out so left a message. Had to call the manager back again 5 days later to ask if I still had an interview.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

two interview process with the department manager and the store manager. The department manager already had a standard listed questions written on a paper. The questions were mostly scenario based, i.e., what would you do if…?

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions - how would you solve a customer problem   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Only one interview.
    Was very based on performance and what the individual would be able to succeed with based on their skill set.
    Hiring from within is crucial to the culture so understanding the business is important.

Interview Questions

• What makes an effective leader?   1 Answer