Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview with department manager and store manager. Works highly on referrals.

Interview Questions

• questions on how you plan to train employees. Use specific examples   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Only one interview.
    Was very based on performance and what the individual would be able to succeed with based on their skill set.
    Hiring from within is crucial to the culture so understanding the business is important.

Interview Questions

• What makes an effective leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Most positions are filled from internal promotions. I was interviewed by the store manager first and then the store manager. Once interviewed it took them two weeks to get back to me and let me know salary details and scheduling. Once we agreed on a salary I had to sit through a management info class and then I could start to work on the floor with my new title.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary and schedule.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR
    Interview with department manager
    Interview with store manager
    Lots of scenario type of questions.
    For example customer issue.. Working on a team... Commission selling
    Letting them know early on that you want to grow with the company is a golden star from the start of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest customer situation you have ever had go deal with? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty typical. Although when you first apply for management, you reach out to whomever you applied with to set up the interview which I thought is a great way to start things off and allow you to create a sense of confidence right of the get-go.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you admire in a leader?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

two interview process with the department manager and the store manager. The department manager already had a standard listed questions written on a paper. The questions were mostly scenario based, i.e., what would you do if…?

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions - how would you solve a customer problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Annapolis, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was held over the phone because of time constraints. The interview itself was very quick, only lasting about 20 min. The department manager asked the usual questions like why do you think you would be good at this position and what would qualify you.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to manage a team with employees twice your age?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview. Was strange, manager left me message to schedule interview, I tried to call back but manager was out so left a message. Had to call the manager back again 5 days later to ask if I still had an interview.

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen to find out if they want to even have you come in for an interview. The first interview is with a manager and they will determine if they want to continue with you with a 2nd and most likely, the final interview. They are good at following up in a timely matter. If you don't get scheduled for a 2nd interview, (not always true, but don't count on it) you're more than likely not going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you what you're asking for? It will be discussed based on your experience. They won't give you a final offer in-person. It will be given to you during the follow up offer call.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You interview with the Department Manager. They usually use a standard set of questions during the process unless a little more seasoned and can go off the cuff. After the interview there is a tour of the department. Any further questions are conducted over the phone, job offer, acceptance, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer