Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview with HR
Interview with department manager
Interview with store manager
Lots of scenario type of questions.
For example customer issue.. Working on a team... Commission selling
Letting them know early on that you want to grow with the company is a golden star from the start of the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest customer situation you have ever had go deal with? And what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview with department manager and store manager. Works highly on referrals.

Interview Questions

• questions on how you plan to train employees. Use specific examples   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview. Was strange, manager left me message to schedule interview, I tried to call back but manager was out so left a message. Had to call the manager back again 5 days later to ask if I still had an interview.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a phone screen to find out if they want to even have you come in for an interview. The first interview is with a manager and they will determine if they want to continue with you with a 2nd and most likely, the final interview. They are good at following up in a timely matter. If you don't get scheduled for a 2nd interview, (not always true, but don't count on it) you're more than likely not going to get the job.

Interview Questions

• What does customer mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They ask you what you're asking for? It will be discussed based on your experience. They won't give you a final offer in-person. It will be given to you during the follow up offer call.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

You interview with the Department Manager. They usually use a standard set of questions during the process unless a little more seasoned and can go off the cuff. After the interview there is a tour of the department. Any further questions are conducted over the phone, job offer, acceptance, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for an Assistant position after finishing FNL. The position was in a different city (two hours away from my city) so we set up a phone interview.

My phone interview was scheduled for 9:30am with the Department Manager. I waited for the interview call for two hours but apparently the DM forgot that she scheduled an interview with me! I called her store three hours later and luckily she was still at work so we had a short interview for like 10 minutes.

Five days later, HR called me to let me know they went ahead with another candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Menlo Park, NJ).

Interview

One on one interview. Must go through training. The training is great! Talk about customer service and how the customer is your top priority.
    Talk about how you solve problems and keep calm in stressful situations.
    Research the company. Know about the Nordstrom family.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Start as a sales associate, then got promote as watch specialist, later on attend to FNL and saw a job open. Talked to my department manager and got her support. Then apply the job online and interview with the department manager and store manager separately. 2 weeks later got the job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nothing really

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

My current DM at the time called the hiring DM to let her know I was a great candidate who was going for the position. With Nordstrom it is always beneficial to have support of multiple people in the company so they can speak on your behalf. It was a quick phone interview with the DM then I went in for an interview with the DM a few days later.

Interview Questions

• There are several veteran salespeople on this team. How would you teach and coach them when they have been with the company for 10+ years and you've only been with it for less than 2 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied from employee website after getting support from department and store manager. Phone interview with department manager, followed by a brief conversation with a different department manager. After a week or so I heard back from the department manager who conducted the interview. This position is only open to internal candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of someone you took under your wing and helped grow   Answer Question