Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 36 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Framingham, MA) in Jan 2020

Interview

In person interview with the department manager, asked questions about background and skill level, then gave a tour of the store and the various departments. Once offered position did a background check which took about a week to process

Interview Questions
  • Experience as a manager
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

It's best to apply within the company. Outside applicants will have a harder time getting selected since nordstrom is a promote within type of company. I was able apply then have a phone interview with the department selling manager i was working under. They briefly talked about her department and what the expectation are for who ever is hired for the position

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX)

Interview

Promotions into management are 60% politics and 40% actual work merit. 9 times out 10 the average DM already has someone in mind to be their ADM which makes interviewing for certain positions pointless. A tenured ADM could also be going after that position and they’ll get it over you because...they’re tenured. On a personal level you have to get clearance/approval/support from your DM in order to go after any position. Some DM’s even want approval from your SM. It’s best if you apply on my Nordstrom and then personally reach out to the DM and set up an interview time. After the interview they’ll usually give you a tour of the selling floor and then give you an estimate of when they will get back to you. It took me three tries to get an ADM position and I have a ton of retail experience prior to Nordstrom. The DM I work under had a ton of friends on my team which played a big part in me getting the position.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA
Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Valencia, CA) in Mar 2018

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview to set up in person interview. Had a great interview but got called back to be offered a service associate person. I was way over qualified for that position so I turned them down.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you dealt with a difficult task and how did you overvome it.
Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in Feb 2018

Interview

Quick-- I transferred from Nordstrom, so the process was fast. I got a call 2 days later and had my interview the next day. Interview was 30 minutes. I interviewed with the manager of the department I applied for then was given a tour of the store. 1 week later received a phone call and was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

I was recommended for the job by other leaders in the company. HR reached out to me from my sales role and connected me with the department manager with the open assistant role. Interviewed over the phone briefly, then in person. I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States) in Jan 2017

Interview

The interview process was not to bad. I applied online. Phone call screening. Went in for a sit down interview. I was asked questions about my experiance in dealing and handling certain situations.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was basic and not hard at all. Just be honest and the interview will go well. No need to be nervous.
Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in Nov 2016

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter based out of Washington, then was contacted for an interview with the store manager. They asked basic questions, and the interview lasted about an hour. The final interview was with the district manager, and I had to travel out of town. The final interview took under ten minutes. I was contacted within 2 days about the job.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ontario, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

it was basically how to manage a team. you need to be organized. having good time management is crucial. it can be fast paced so you have to learn to multitask. great place to work with great people.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2016

Interview

Very smooth, like a conversation. I made sure to ask question and incorporate a lot of company traditions. Care about the team and you should be fine. Make sure to speak to the manager and the store manager at your store before interviewing. After my interview, I spoke to the store manager at the store I was applying to and it was intimidating but it went well. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do with a department thats experiencing a high turnover rate?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 36