Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in January 2013.

Interview

First, the hiring department manager interviewed my current dept mgr to review my current performance as an associate. Next, the hiring dept mgr interview me. I assume she did the same with other candidates and had the store mgr and HR weigh in. Then I was notified the salary and benefits package with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How is your department doing currently (struggles, successes, etc), how do you stand out among your team, how can you help make improvements, where do you see your future with the company.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Only one interview.
    Was very based on performance and what the individual would be able to succeed with based on their skill set.
    Hiring from within is crucial to the culture so understanding the business is important.

Interview Questions

• What makes an effective leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Irvine, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is pretty typical. Although when you first apply for management, you reach out to whomever you applied with to set up the interview which I thought is a great way to start things off and allow you to create a sense of confidence right of the get-go.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you admire in a leader?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Annapolis, MD) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was held over the phone because of time constraints. The interview itself was very quick, only lasting about 20 min. The department manager asked the usual questions like why do you think you would be good at this position and what would qualify you.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to manage a team with employees twice your age?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

two interview process with the department manager and the store manager. The department manager already had a standard listed questions written on a paper. The questions were mostly scenario based, i.e., what would you do if…?

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions - how would you solve a customer problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Most positions are filled from internal promotions. I was interviewed by the store manager first and then the store manager. Once interviewed it took them two weeks to get back to me and let me know salary details and scheduling. Once we agreed on a salary I had to sit through a management info class and then I could start to work on the floor with my new title.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could negotiate my salary and schedule.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening with a recruiter based out of Washington, then was contacted for an interview with the store manager. They asked basic questions, and the interview lasted about an hour. The final interview was with the district manager, and I had to travel out of town. The final interview took under ten minutes. I was contacted within 2 days about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Meet with the department manager to interview, very casual. We meet on the floor and he took me to his desk to conduct the interview

Prior to that I had called him on the phone to ask about the position he was hiring for and what his team was like. Then I followed up with Nordstrom HR to learn more about the position.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see your career with nordstrom?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ontario, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

it was basically how to manage a team. you need to be organized. having good time management is crucial. it can be fast paced so you have to learn to multitask. great place to work with great people.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was recommended for the job by other leaders in the company. HR reached out to me from my sales role and connected me with the department manager with the open assistant role. Interviewed over the phone briefly, then in person. I was offered the job a few days later.