Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

It was an easy process; my success as a sales leader spoke for itself. I come from a strong sales background so I understood the job and what it takes to succeed.s

Interview Questions

• How do you plan on motivating those unwilling to change?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Very smooth, like a conversation. I made sure to ask question and incorporate a lot of company traditions. Care about the team and you should be fine. Make sure to speak to the manager and the store manager at your store before interviewing. After my interview, I spoke to the store manager at the store I was applying to and it was intimidating but it went well. BE YOURSELF.

Interview Questions

• What would you do with a department thats experiencing a high turnover rate?   1 Answer

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not to bad. I applied online. Phone call screening. Went in for a sit down interview. I was asked questions about my experiance in dealing and handling certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Interview was basic and not hard at all. Just be honest and the interview will go well. No need to be nervous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Promotions into management are 60% politics and 40% actual work merit. 9 times out 10 the average DM already has someone in mind to be their ADM which makes interviewing for certain positions pointless. A tenured ADM could also be going after that position and they’ll get it over you because...they’re tenured.

On a personal level you have to get clearance/approval/support from your DM in order to go after any position. Some DM’s even want approval from your SM. It’s best if you apply on my Nordstrom and then personally reach out to the DM and set up an interview time. After the interview they’ll usually give you a tour of the selling floor and then give you an estimate of when they will get back to you.

It took me three tries to get an ADM position and I have a ton of retail experience prior to Nordstrom. The DM I work under had a ton of friends on my team which played a big part in me getting the position.

Department Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with Department Manager first for 30 minutes and then Store Manager came in and asked a few questions for about 5 minutes at the direct location of the store. Which was a good sign.

Department Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Natick, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on line, got interview with the department manager who was more interested in telling me how great he is than my experience. Gave a quick walk around the store explained very little about what the job actually was.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2011.

Interview

1 phone interview with HR, 1 in person interview with HR, 1 interview with department manager

Interview Questions

• What is a recent challenge you had to overcome and how did you accomplish it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate - salary is based on how much volume your department does

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2011.

Interview

This company hires within almost always. You just have to prove yourself as a sales person and show them in your numbers and ability to create accounts, as well as keeping a good repore with your clients.

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was brief but on point. The woman called me and we did an interview over the phone which lasted about 20 mins maybe a bit more. She was lovely on the phone and gave me a good idea of what the position would entail and a bit of backstory on the company.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit?   1 Answer