Nordstrom Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.5

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When first applying you go through online and take a very long personality quiz but once you are in the company almost everything is word of mouth and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Name one way you've gone above and beyond for a client   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

The process took 3 months; I was applying from within the company (I was already a Sales Associate) and as soon as the holidays passed, I was notified that the position no longer exists due to budget cuts. They leveraged my experience, time and efforts, and I received no apology for my wasted time. I also did not receive other offers to grow within the company although I have been actively pursuing a career with them. I was expected to stay with the company until another position comes open, while holding Master's degree and bachelors in Apparel Merchandising. Very unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Richmond, VA).

Interview

The hiring process was very easy, they actually came to me at my former job and it only took a week to get it. I just had external factors at the time that got in the way of being successful and the crappy training I received did not help me either.

Interview Questions

• The five base sauces, what does that have to do with this Cafe, nothing!   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy, I told him what I wanted and I got it

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD) in June 2009.

Interview

Nordstrom hires from within, you'll generally need to start in sales unless you are going to work at the corporate office.

The online portion of the application is a series of questions to see if you're a possible candidate. Get enough answers wrong and you'll 'light up red' at which point they can't proceed.

The in-person interview was personable and casual although held in an intimidating room.

As a hiring manager I interviewed many prospects and it was generally a series of questions but nothing was set in stone. All answers had to be filled out on a piece of paper and rated for legal reasons. Largely, it comes down to the impression you make.

Interview Questions

• We liked to ask people to sell us something during the interview. Whether it was a piece of paper or the table they're sitting in front of. Then if they showed promise walk them to the department and have them talk about an item they had no knowledge of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At a manager level compensation negotiation was important. Mostly the original offer was low and then evaluated later after a year or so. Don't be shy.