Nordstrom Barista Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.2

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and comfortable. I think the interviewer was very nice and down to earth. It was just like talking to a regular person who wants to get to know you first. The interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom's?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2016.

Interview

It took about 30 minutes and was pretty easy. I sat down with a manager and assistant manager where they asked simple questions, and got a call back that night to set up a second interview with HR. Second interview was pretty much the same questions and got offered the job the day after.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom? What could you bring the table as a team member? Tell about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell about a time a customer had a complaint.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in with my resume, she asked a little bit about me and my life and then put me on the floor as a "working interview". She asked the usual questions about school (if I was going and what my major was), what I wanna do with my life, how much I wanna get paid, etc.

Interview Questions

• What kind of pay are you looking for? (Her ad on Craigslist said starting at $15 an hour)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

In the café at the store. Was very fast and quick to the point was not stressful at all. typical job interview nothing to hard to deal with. Was a one on one. Was hired right on the spot after the first interviwe and then started the flowing week. Also was interviewed by the café manager at the time

Interview Questions

• If a co-worker of costumer needs assistance who do you help first?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

had an in person interview with café manager and was asked a series of question. Was also asked about myself and any other experience I had. Was the first interview I had with the company and was offered the job right on the spot.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online, and about two weeks later I received a call from the assistant manager for a phone interview. I was asked to come in for an interview the next day. it went really well and the manager was nice and made me feel comfortable. It felt like a conversation with a friend. 4 days later, I was officially offered the job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you overcame something really difficult at work?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked to go directly to the Ebar, I was treated respectfully and offered drinks and treats during the interview. The manager in charge made sure to ask me about my future career plans and how the company would fit in them (no the usual how would I see myself in the company in the next five years), briefly explained the benefits and mostly made focus on making sure if I had a passion for coffee since they need there employees to enjoy there job.

Interview Questions

• How can Nordstrom help you in your future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (White Plains, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. Received a call from the manager to come in. We sat and it was a really personal interview as the E-Bar is suppose to be a really good face for the Nordstrom store. It's a really simple interview and really just depends on your personality from what I've seen. You need to just prove that you're able to work in a hectic environment while remaining cool and keeping a smile.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was the most stressful work situation you've had ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Very well spent interviewing process with manager Justin. He was very informative and let me know what it would take to Recieve and do my job fully. I see big things happening for me with this company :)

Interview Questions

• Why would you wanna work for NORDSTROM?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tacoma, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

Just asked basic questions about my resume. Had me explain past jobs, and asked a lot of behavioral questions. I had two interviews, one with the manager and then one with the assistant manager. They pretty much just ask you about yourself. You don't need coffee experience to work in here but it's a plus. They'll pretty much hire anyone if they decide they like your personality.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question