Nordstrom Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Business Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

After having a conversation with the Group Manager and then the another with the Group Manager as well as the Hiring Manager, I was brought in for a 5 hour audition/interview.
The first hour was the audition piece where I was given an assignment a few days before and had to talk through all aspects of an IT project for a specific initiative. The next 3 hours were with one on one with different individuals on the team, ending with a lunch where questions were continued to be asked.
In the end, I did not get the job which is fair, however, the reason a job offer was not provided was due to lack of experience in specific software - again fair but the fact that I did not have experience was brought up in initial conversation with the Group Manager and was told that was not a problem. Personally I wish I had not been brought in for interview, having to take a day off work and hours spent prepping for the audition portion of the interview if they knew my lack of experience was an issue.

Interview Questions

• Questions seemed average, talked about background and what I would do to prepare for the job.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process can be long and drawn out. It took me over a month from my initial contact with the company to get my offer. The interview was very stress free. Mostly situational questions to gauge ones values. Cannot stress enough the importance of the company clvalues during the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

In short, I was allowed to fall through the cracks on account of the recruiter leaving and taking a job elsewhere - as I'm told. No real feedback other than I was "not the right fit" - which is completely useless. After going through the phone screen and two different panel interviews, plus having passed on other interviews in favor of Nordstrom, I am feeling very demoralized and my time abused.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

I successfully got through a phone screen and sent on to the next phase of the process, which was a panel interview. I interviewed for Business Analyst position located in executive offices (Chase Tower).
    I was given an option of three interview times. I chose one and got a follow up confirmation contact sheet from the HR Rep. The contact sheet provided me names, times, physical location and titles of everyone that had been identified as a participant for this panel interview.

The day of the interview, it was clear that something was not right. It was apparent that the information provided on my contact sheet for this interview was incorrect. I sat in a lobby, on the wrong floor, for about 15 minutes. I was finally connected to the appropriate people and unfortunately for me, the interview was cut sort. No questions about my work experience germane to the Business Analyst position was asked. I left with the impression that this was merely a matter of going through the motions and that the team had already chosen their candidate.

This company prides itself on customer experience. Perhaps this does not carry over to the HR side of the Nordstrom customer experience. I hope this is used as constructive feedback - if the goal is to attract quality candidates then I would suggest being more enlightened on happenings internally and more mindful and respectful of the applicant’s time. It still works both ways.

Interview Questions

• No questions worth relating as they did not relate to anything I interviewed for at this time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

It was all phone interview until the last interview, where I only met with a manager that I didn't work with.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call from Recruitment about a week after to schedule a phone interview. Went through 2 phone interviews and received a full offer.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2009.

Interview

The interview process with Nordstrom was a long and tedious process. They repeatedly said they would get back to me in shorter time period than they actually did. From first inteview to ending the process was 3 months. They were non-responsive to questions and/or inquiries as well as wanted me to interview for several different positions and the removed some of the positions.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions, was very straight forward.   Answer Question