Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.0

Cashier Interview

Interview

it was very quick quick seemed like it wasnt really an interview it was just to have conversation and was unnecessary questions. although it was quick it wasnt a great experience. I wouldnt want to work here with the attitude given from employees.

Interview Questions

• what is your availability look like?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Straightforward interview. First met with the hiring manager and once you get pass that stage, you meet with Human Resources to finalize paperwork, salary, and your schedule for work. Interviewers were really friendly and pleasant to talk to. Engaged during interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tukwila, WA).

Interview

First you get the phone interview then they will schedule one on one interview at the store you apply, the interviewer was the manager of that department, for mine was (Service experience/cashier), 1:1 about 10 mins, pretty quick

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself, talk about an successful teamwork and what did you do to contribute to that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

Was pretty easy, dress well, and understand the type of shoppers at Nordstrom. If you personally shop at Nordstrom do say so and why you like it better than other stores. Review their mission statement.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a mad customer   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Two different managers interviewed me. They asked questions about certain scenarios and what I would do in that situation. Then one of them walked me around the store and showed me everything then I left.

Interview Questions

• What is an example you have seen showing either a really good or really bad example of customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (McLean, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

I sat down with a current employee and was interviewed, and then was given a tour around the store. The experience was very easy although I was nervous. Everybody who I interacted with throughout the interview process was very kind and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (King of Prussia, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions relevant to the position you’re applying for, they wanted to know a lot about you and your experiences in life and in the position. They were very friendly and positive

Interview Questions

• If hired, do you see yourself going far in this company ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was very easy. Basic customer service questions were asked, such as, "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer," "How do you deal with a customer who demands to speak with management?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Mateo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Women's Apparel Sales Associate online and then had a phone interview which then turned into an in-person interview at the location I applied for and talked to Women's Apparel and then Jewelry (even though I never wrote or said that I wanted to apply to Jewelry) before talking to HR to see what the result was.

Interview Questions

• You have 10 minutes to go put together 3 outfits - 1 for day time, 1 for night time, and 1 for professional business. (Not this exact wording, but that's the gist of it)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tukwila, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

They first emailed me and then they called me a couple days later to set up an interview. The entire process took around 1-1.5 week. I practiced by looking up common questions. My list was about 20 questions and I felt that preparing for that many questions was helpful. They asked all the questions I prepared for. Some of the questions were different but was similar to the ones I practiced so I was able to still answer well. It's a good idea to practice for curveball questions where you might not expect it but can still give a good answer or bs a good answer.