Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tukwila, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

They first emailed me and then they called me a couple days later to set up an interview. The entire process took around 1-1.5 week. I practiced by looking up common questions. My list was about 20 questions and I felt that preparing for that many questions was helpful. They asked all the questions I prepared for. Some of the questions were different but was similar to the ones I practiced so I was able to still answer well. It's a good idea to practice for curveball questions where you might not expect it but can still give a good answer or bs a good answer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (McLean, VA) in May 2018.

Interview

I sat down with a current employee and was interviewed, and then was given a tour around the store. The experience was very easy although I was nervous. Everybody who I interacted with throughout the interview process was very kind and easy to talk to.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone screening when HR rep asked about the obvious (why this position, why Nordstrom, experience, tell me about yourself), then in person interview at the store (expanding on experiences, how you're qualified, your working style)

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of: Explain a time you were performing at a subpar level, and how you recognized that and fixed that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was very easy. Basic customer service questions were asked, such as, "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer," "How do you deal with a customer who demands to speak with management?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very short and straight to the point. Its easy when they person is very outgoing and talkative. She truthfully talked more about herself, and I just agreed. I ended up getting hired a few hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Manager, followed by an in-person interview with the department manager. Pretty simple interview, basic questions. Learn to sell yourself, even more the most menial position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The person who conducted my interview was very nice. Unfortunately, my schedule is too restricted. They were only searching for full-time applicants, but it was a pleasant experience. They recommended that I apply for Nordstrom Rack instead for part-time.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. It was a phone call screening. The recruiter wanted to verify if my schedule aligned with what they were looking for. It did not so she recommended I apply to the Rack.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bloomington, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Interview is with manager of the department. Straightforward, characteristic type questions. No behavioral questions. Very easy.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process took less than a week. I applied online and received a call within three days. Dress for success! They ask you to meet them either in the department you are interviewing for or in Customer Service. The entire interview took about twenty minutes, and they told me they would call me if they decided to hire me. Fortunately, I got a call the next day.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question. Simply the basics: "Why do you want this job? What do you think you can bring to the company?" They also make you choose an item and try to sell it to them, or approach you with a "customer issue" and ask you what you would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me what I wanted hourly, and I said nothing lower than $10/ hr, and they accepted.