Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The person who conducted my interview was very nice. Unfortunately, my schedule is too restricted. They were only searching for full-time applicants, but it was a pleasant experience. They recommended that I apply for Nordstrom Rack instead for part-time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. It was a phone call screening. The recruiter wanted to verify if my schedule aligned with what they were looking for. It did not so she recommended I apply to the Rack.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Got a call for an interview, went in and sat down with the DM one on one. Asked a few basic questions, wasn't difficult since there was a template of questions and half of it pertained to sales. After the interview, we toured the department and got an offer a few hours later.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you were in a difficult situation and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR Manager, followed by an in-person interview with the department manager. Pretty simple interview, basic questions. Learn to sell yourself, even more the most menial position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salina, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salina, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Short simple. Called to ask to come in for an interview. Met with the manager and he asked a few questions. Very very very very very easy questions to answer. Not much more to say

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Process took about a week and a half. First filled out an app online, then had a phone interview with HR, then an in person interview. The questions were simple and to the point even though I did not have any previous retail experience, I could apply the questions to school.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in which you didn't achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Very short and straight to the point. Its easy when they person is very outgoing and talkative. She truthfully talked more about herself, and I just agreed. I ended up getting hired a few hours later.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy and quick heard back a few days later. Nordstrom wants to place you in the department that is best for you. They really try to have a personal interview to find out about your style and personality

Interview Questions

• A time a customer was difficult and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in April 2014.

Interview

They were very friendly and asked important questions. I felt comfortable expressing my opinions and having my ideas heard. At the time, I was applying for a sales associate position and felt comfortable interviewing for a new type of position for me. They were understanding of my school schedule and were very flexible.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

One over the phone interview and one in-person interview