Nordstrom Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

2.4

Lingerie Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Cattle call essentially, ten people being interviewed at the same time for different departments (not necessarily or commonly the one you asked for) and they ask you basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult situations you've dealt with at work and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2weeks later I got an email from HR to choose a certain date and time for a phone interview. I choose the first available time and she called. At the end of the phone interview, she invited me to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?
      Why do you want to be a visual merchandiser?
      What experience do you have that related to visual merchandising?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position three days later i got invited to a video interview invitation from nordstorm rack, three days later after re viewing my video they emailed four days later to set up an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• So many employees loose task while assisting customers how can you handle that better?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

First you are interviewed in front of a panel of managers, and then the department manager. The panel asks you to stand up in front of everyone and tell them a little about yourself. You're basically just asked to describe your past working experience. Then you are interviewed by the manager of the department you applied for. Just asks you questions about work history and how you would go about selling merchandise.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't meet your daily sales goal?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a phone screening process and then was set up with an in store group interview. I met with the Department and Assistant manager in a group of people and they asked a series of questions. The overall experience was great very professional. I felt like I connected with the managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Seasonal Cashier/Kids Wear Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They asked basic questions but more so to see that you're driven and can handle being in a competitive environment. First they give you an over the phone screening. Then, you have a one on one interview. Hopefully you get the job! No need to be nervous- everyone is friendly.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

You apply online and then you will receive an email if they are interested in interviewing with a link to set up a date and time for the interview. The interview was quite easy they call on the phone and if they like you, they will want an in person interview.

Sales Associate - Lingerie Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was offered phone interview a week later, after the phone interview I was invited in for in person interview. It was about 10 of us total we waited outside and was called 1 by 1 to interview with different department managers. I thought the interview went well was told I would receive a call within the next 2 days. Never received a call. Which I believe is unprofessional. Any kind of follow up is necessary. Whether they want to offer me the position or not.

Interview Questions

• "What are the pros and cons of commission based sales."   Answer Question
    • "How well do you know the product for the position that you're applying for."   Answer Question
    • "explain a time you didn't meet a goal and what was the outcome"   Answer Question

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied April 13th, received a email saying I met the qualifications on April 16th, scheduled my own phone interview for April 25th. The phone interview was pretty easy, she told me she liked me and that she would schedule me for a in person interview. I made the interview for May 16th, because I was away at school and didn't come home until the 13th went to the interview and she said she would call me Thursday the 19th and she called and said that she would like to welcome me to Nordstroms team! It was a very great experience very easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was great. Dress up in a suit or dress if your a women. Know a little bit about the store. Dont be nervous. I kind of messed up because of the way you have to sell a product to them. I made it very awkward and i realized my mistake but its ok. I can't let that put me down.