Nordstrom Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.4

84 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was very simple. I applied online, I received an email to have a face to face interview with them with set dates to choose from, two weeks later I went into a room with several department managers and a week later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to take leadership and the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

applied online, then got a call to interview at store location. Interviewed with HR representative as well as a department manager. Got a call a few weeks later offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed
      Tell me about a time where you had to implement a change
      pick out an outfit from the clothes on the rack for my friend who: ... (described friend and had to pick an outfit that matched friends personality.)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a phone interview from the recruiter which led to another phone interview with a manager. I was then offered the position and was scheduled with a phone call to go over the offer verbally.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When first applying you go through online and take a very long personality quiz but once you are in the company almost everything is word of mouth and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Name one way you've gone above and beyond for a client   1 Answer

General Processing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied through indeed. Got an email telling me to schedule an phone interview. A few basic questions were asked like: What's your availability? How do you handle stress? etc and then got scheduled for an in -person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you went above and beyond for a customer? And Why?   1 Answer
    • What are your professional goals?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you and a co-worker didn't agree on something? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy and brief. I already worked in the store so i knew who i was going to be interviewing with before we sat down together. We had a great personal conversation at first and then talked about the role. We talked about the difference between each department and the challenges we face day to day and how to deal with them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with veterans on the floor   1 Answer

Lingerie Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Cattle call essentially, ten people being interviewed at the same time for different departments (not necessarily or commonly the one you asked for) and they ask you basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the most difficult situations you've dealt with at work and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Easy basic question and an interactive part where you would act out a scenario with a customer looking for a particular outfit for an event. In my scenario my interviewer asked me to pick out an outfit for a woman going to a bridal shower. I gave my interviewer two outfit options that I would place in the fitting room.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email from HR about filling out more information to continue the process, then I had to select a day/time for an in-person interview. The interview was split into two parts: first part was a group panel of 4 managers in different departments and the other half was a sales exercise to see if you can sell. The interview overall lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What top 3 departments would you like to work in? (You might not get your first choice)   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2weeks later I got an email from HR to choose a certain date and time for a phone interview. I choose the first available time and she called. At the end of the phone interview, she invited me to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?
      Why do you want to be a visual merchandiser?
      What experience do you have that related to visual merchandising?   Answer Question