Nordstrom Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Commissioned Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX).

Interview

Application online, brief phone interview, following an in person interview with a manager or assistant manager from the department you will be working at! I was given a tour of the store, and a look around the women's, kids, departments upstairs! It was a great experience! Everyone was so welcoming and nice, it was very exciting! Follow up after the in person interview was very quick too about 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• Role played how to help/greet a customer who was shopping for a certain event and how we would assist the customer and style her as well as pick out specifically what items would suits their needs!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bloomington, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

The on line questionnaire is kind of tedious but the face to face interview with HR is very easy going and helpful. HR is very approachable and informative about what is available in different departments.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about past retail experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did application online, had phone interview then was scheduled for an interview in the store with about 30 other people at Phipps Plaza. Personally felt like the management and HR people were very "coonish" and put on this fake attitude and vision about the company but you can so clearly tell they're lies. I interviewed with two of the department managers. I thought it went well however once I thought about it I didn't really fit the coonish atmosphere that was being pushed. They only hire people who are 21 or older and have college degrees. Was a completely commissioned base job which basically means, your paychecks will vary a lot. I don't see how you would really make any money at this job except durning the holidays. High turnover rate. They said they would get back to me in a week but never did. Very unprofessional.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Called for group interview where each person was asked the same question and had to answer one at the time. Interview was with the department manager. She first took few minutes to speak about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

They schedule you for a phone interview that's anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes long. They are flexible in letting you pick a date and time slot that works best for you. They also allow you to reschedule up to 24 hours in advance if needed. Someone will call you between the two hour allotted time slot.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for Nordstroms?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online then they emailed me to schedule a phone interview. The online application had me fill out my resume information such as schooling and previous experience. I also had to answer a series of personality questions that were sales and team oriented. For example: If another sales associate is taking your customers because they have been their longer what would you do? The questions were multiple choice response.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my availability.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Interview

Received an automated email that there was an opening. Applied online. Received a phone screen. Interviewed with department manager in store. Received position within a week. Role played a situation in which I worked on the sales floor and put together outfits for a specific customer.

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Two part interview process. First part is a phone interview which they only ask for your availability. Second interview they ask the usual interview questions plus you do a sale scenario, which you try to sell a product to the interviewer who pretends to be a customer.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. I applied through the website. Got an email to schedule a phone interview within a few days. Phone interview was about 5-7 mins. Interviewed with department mgr the next day. Was offered the job a couple days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are the advantages and disadvantages of commissioned sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Garden City, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Garden City, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

With the Department Manager and her Assistant. Took place in a clean, well lit training room. Manager had a prepared list of intelligent questions that pertained to the requirements of the job.

Interview Questions

• If you were not meeting your sales plan, what would you do?   1 Answer