Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

turned application in next day got an email to set up phone interview. set date, their window is a 2hrs window from picked hrs( so if you pick 3pm-which is the latest option- they can call you anytime between 3-5pm) got the call, basic questions.(read below) they said within 3 business day they will send email w decision no matter what( accepted or declined) but never got the email.... which is quite unprofessional from their part, if you promise something then keep your word... overall experience w them is "meh" category, as the girl who interviewed me was clearly bored and was reading the questions like a robot.... wonder how she got her job w an attitude like that... anyway thats nordstrom's problem....

Interview Questions

• Why nordstrom? are you flexible with scheduling as you need to work on weekends nightshift and holidays as well, are you ok w a commission based job. describe one difficult situation w a customer from your earlier job and how u solved the issue. can you name an occasion when you couldn't do sg-work related of course- do you have issues working in team....   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Lots of interviews including a phone interview and two in person interviews. The hardest part is getting an interview in the first place I was already a vendor working in the store so that worked to my advantage

Interview Questions

• How are you able to drive business during slow periods   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Orange, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

interview was casual and brief. no weird or tricky questions. I was pretty nervous but felt at ease as soon as i got into the hiring managers office. Just breathe and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a cosmetics counter   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Towson, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

applied online, received an email about a scheduling a phone interview, had a phone interview where i was asked two questions regarding working with a team, availability, and a specific example of how i handled a situation in a previous sales job. they said they would like for me to come in person to interview for the position, (sales associate at one of the beauty counters) however the position was no longer available so they had me interview for another position. it was a group interview where they asked a lot of specific question regarding previous work experience. we went to the beauty dept and did a role play sale. back to the interview room and answered more questions. we were told we would know by monday(it was a wednesday) did not hear back so called a left a message, still have not heard back. the interviewer said she thought i was amazing but have still yet to hear anything after almost 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you reached a personal sales goal? when was a time you reached a goal with a team? demonstrate a time you showed leadership. why cosmetics? how do you feel about competition? tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?what would you do if you did not reach your sales goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cherry Hill, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email the following day asking for me to select a time for the phone screening interview. The only times they had available were for the following week. They called at the expected time and then I had an in-person interview the day after my phone interview with HR. There were two in person interviews with Nordstroms. One with HR and one with the department manager. I was told that they really liked me and that I would hear something from the account executive from the brand that I would be working with within two to three days. I didn't hear anything for almost two weeks. I was called on a Saturday and asked to come in on the upcoming Wednesday. That Wednesday I met with the AE of the brand that I would be working with. About 45 minutes after the interview, I was called with an offer for the position I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Pretty quick. Once you are hired there is an orientation where they sell you on how great it is going too be to work for them and a bunch of other stuff everyone who works there seems to forget once they are actually employed with the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to list every makeup product I had used on my face that day....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

General questions asked during the interview. I feel like the interview went really well and that they were very interested in me. However, when I called later in the week to find out what the next step was in the application process I found out they had already given the job to someone else. They did not follow up with me as they had promised, and I found that very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to do a makeup demonstration on another employee, and remember to "assume the sale" at the end of it by going through the products they need to come home with them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Towson, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with about 6 different managers/account reps from the brand. Interviews were all very pleasant and asked typical questions about problem solving, working with difficult people etc... Interview process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate. Their salary/commission levels are pretty standard.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview about 3 days later. Proceeded with inperson interview. The final part of the interview I had pitch on how to see a product. I thought it had went well. Had another phone interview afterward to see if I was a good fit. Received a call after hours to see if I can interview the next day. Called HR and left voicemail advising I am extremely interested but unable to meet that day due to the late notice..less than 24 hours... I never heard back again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the Nordstrom Careers website. After two days I received an email asking me to select a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes during which I was asked basic customer service questions. I then attended an in-person interview at the store that lasted about a half hour.

Interview Questions

• If you didn't meet your sales goals for the month, what would you do? Do you have any experience applying makeup to others?   Answer Question