Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Interview

Very easy first there is a quick over the phone interview. Mostly the ask about availability and then an in person interview. Asked about sales and meeting sales quotas. And customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me
    About a time where you worked in a goal driven environment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Durham, NC).

Interview

I received an email to interview. The initial response wasn’t answered, so I had to follow up. I went in for a formal interview, followed by an application interview. I was practically told I did a great job and was spoken to about training that following Tuesday. The executive called to speak with me, and she made me believe I had the job and I would hear back from Nordstrom shortly, and that my qualifications were more than perfect for the position. Not only did I never receive that call, but I never got a response to any follow up I ever sent. I was completely ignored and never heard from them again. Extremely unprofessional and unorganized. This is not the first time this has happened. I will not be applying here ever again, as they do not take their applicants or their employees seriously.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2018.

Interview

The manager was upbeat and friendly. It helped me open up. They asked the normal interview questions so just be prepared. I try to sneak in a few good things about you and your work ethic into the questions .

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Montclair, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First contact is a Nordstrom recruiter, 2nd contact us an actual interview with the cosmetic dept manager, 3rd interview is with the cosmetic line and also includes a makeup demo.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Interview process includes a minimal of 3 interviews. They want to know that you have sale experience and can provide the small business aspect to the customers. You should be able to build a clientele, merchandise, lead a team,and maintain a high sales per hour. Be prepared to do a demonstration make up look with a model. (Especially for MAC and Bobbi)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had to overcome a challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

turned application in next day got an email to set up phone interview. set date, their window is a 2hrs window from picked hrs( so if you pick 3pm-which is the latest option- they can call you anytime between 3-5pm) got the call, basic questions.(read below) they said within 3 business day they will send email w decision no matter what( accepted or declined) but never got the email.... which is quite unprofessional from their part, if you promise something then keep your word... overall experience w them is "meh" category, as the girl who interviewed me was clearly bored and was reading the questions like a robot.... wonder how she got her job w an attitude like that... anyway thats nordstrom's problem....

Interview Questions

• Why nordstrom? are you flexible with scheduling as you need to work on weekends nightshift and holidays as well, are you ok w a commission based job. describe one difficult situation w a customer from your earlier job and how u solved the issue. can you name an occasion when you couldn't do sg-work related of course- do you have issues working in team....   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Lots of interviews including a phone interview and two in person interviews. The hardest part is getting an interview in the first place I was already a vendor working in the store so that worked to my advantage

Interview Questions

• How are you able to drive business during slow periods   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Orange, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

interview was casual and brief. no weird or tricky questions. I was pretty nervous but felt at ease as soon as i got into the hiring managers office. Just breathe and be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for a cosmetics counter   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Very easy, general questions about costumer service and retail. Fisrt you apply online in the nordstrom taleo webpage after that you recieve a call and do a phone interview then you recieve an email telling you if you have a in person interview and then you interview with the department manager and then they call you to make an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cherry Hill, NJ) in August 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I received an email the following day asking for me to select a time for the phone screening interview. The only times they had available were for the following week. They called at the expected time and then I had an in-person interview the day after my phone interview with HR. There were two in person interviews with Nordstroms. One with HR and one with the department manager. I was told that they really liked me and that I would hear something from the account executive from the brand that I would be working with within two to three days. I didn't hear anything for almost two weeks. I was called on a Saturday and asked to come in on the upcoming Wednesday. That Wednesday I met with the AE of the brand that I would be working with. About 45 minutes after the interview, I was called with an offer for the position I applied for.