Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5

Cosmetic Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later I got a call from human resources and she gave me a phone interview. She called on a Saturday night so I was really surprised and unprepared. She asked basic interview questions like why I wanted to work there, asked about my last job, availability and things like that. Then she asked me in for an interview with the cosmetics manager for that Monday. In that interview it was a lot of questions like name a time where this happened and what did you do. And other questions relating to prior experience. He told me he would call me in 3 days to let me know either way but I never got a phone call. On the 4th day I called and left a message just asking if they had made a decision yet and they never called me back. I thought that was extremely unprofessional especially considering I thought my interview went really well.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you haven't met your sales goals for the day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Annapolis, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview after submitting application and taking online test . Then went in to speak with HR set up interview with Department Mgr, then interviewed with Department Manager and then Store Manager

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer with a return that did not have a reciept?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negoittaton was told this is what we pay

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

First I met with a department manager and had a standard interview. The following week I had to do a demo on a client for the account coordinator and that was followed by another 1:1 interview with her. The department manager called me the next day and offered me the job

Interview Questions

• How do you feel leading a group of people who have worked for this line longer than you? What would you bring that one of them wouldn't be able to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Buford, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

The company was very direct with the interview process; however, I informed them that I was currently working, and that I would need to give my current employer notice before taking the position. I was told that I immediately needed to complete new-hire paperwork before I was even made an offer on salary, benefits, etc. I thought that this was a little preemptive to assume that I would just drop everything when I still hadn't officially been given an offer.

Interview Questions

It was a very small line that the management position was over, and I didn't feel that it would be the best fit for me.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I am at the first step of the interview process, so I will keep this updated as it moves along. I first received an email to schedule a phone interview on Sept. 17 and had it yesterday Sept. 21. Was very brief, about 5 mins, and she asked the normal question, why I want to work for Nordies, a time when I had a difficult customer, my availability. She then told me she would forward her notes and my info to the cosmetics dept mgr. Fingers crossed!!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Haven't been hired yet, but positive thinking is always good lol!

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Great Interview Questions such as:

Why Nordstrom?
    Do you like working with people?
    What does Customer Service consist of to you?
    How do you handle difficult customers?
    How do you handle a situation when an employee is doing something unethical? What would you do?
    What does being a Sales and Counter Manager mean to you?
    What are you going to do to contribute to a Team?

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a situation where you exceeded a customer's expectations?
      Have you ever over-promised and underdelivered?   1 Answer
    • Are you available to work on nights, weekends and Holidays?   1 Answer

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom in September 2012.

Interview

initial phone interview, group information session followed by individual interviews with department managers. During the interview the manager filled out a basic form based on my answers. I was offered the job during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Very basic interview, mostly about customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offered more than I expected

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Quick, easy, applied on line , saw an opening for cosmetics did all the initial process from home, then Nordstrom called me within 2 weeks, scheduled me for an interview, and then a second interview and I got hired.

Interview Questions

• What did I think of micromanage   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy and they were very accessible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Open interview at 10 am, asked to arrive by 9:50. I arrived at 9:45. We were brought into a room full of tables. Each applicant sat with one or two managers, so make sure to focus on the conversation at hand and do not get distracted by the conversations going on around you. (Very realistic in a retail environment). Spoke with two sales managers of cosmetics, who asked standard questions from a packet, which they filled out. This took about 15 or 20 minutes. Then we went downstairs and did a role play scenario where I had to sell them a product. This lasted an additional 10 minutes. Finally, I was brought upstairs to meet with the Store Manager. Each employee I spoke with gave me their business card, which made Thank You emails very easy. Overall the entire experience lasted 50 minutes from the time I arrived, to the time I left. No offer was extended to me, but I was told I would hear from them in 24-48 hours.

Interview Questions

• The role play activity was unexpected and so was meeting the store manager. Be prepared for this when interviewing!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

It was pretty quick. The interview was short and to the point and I was offered a job on the spot. I had to provide examples of what I would do in certain sales situations and how I would close a sale. They do insinuate you make your own hours and don't have to work every weekend but that is not necessarily true when you start.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical questions regarding the most challenging situation you have ever had to handle and how you handled it.   Answer Question