Nordstrom Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied Online and a couple weeks later I was called to do a group in person interview. We were all called in for a one on one then was asked hypothetical questions.

Interview Questions

• Heres a rack of clothing: style something and try to sell it to me   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about a month, first got a call then set up an interview with hr a week later then got called a week later for a second interview which was with the managers from the brand you want to work at and then got another call a week later for a third interview which was a makeup demo and then waited another week for the call that I got hired and In two weeks I’ll start training. Pretty easy interview felt like I was talking to a friend and the makeup demo was easy. Just be confident and know why you want to work at Nordstrom and wear all black and if you don’t know much about the brand your applying for just do research

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom?
      How did you resolve a problem with a difficult client ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied, did a phone screen and went in for an interview all in the same week. I initially was interested in cosmetics since I freelance, but was asked if I could interview for a sales associate position which I agreed to (since I really needed a second job). My interviewer was really nice and asked me basic questions before finally having me do a mock sell to her with items on the floor. I was hired on the spot and started 2 weeks later. I just wish I would've pushed to stay within cosmetics.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had four interviews total. One brief one on the phone, then a week later I met with a hiring manager for about half an hour, a few days later I met with the cosmetics department manager for an hour and my final interview was with the account manager and counter manager for the brand I applied for. I very much enjoyed the conversations I had with these people and I walked away from each one feeling better than when I walked in. They were very prompt about setting up and executing the interviews. The only negative part of the interview process for me was how prolonged it was. All in all, I spent about 2 and a half hours being interviewed. I appreciate thoroughness, and that was really the only complaint I had about the process.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

If your application is considered you will be called for a phone "interview" considering your work availability and scheduling an in-person interview. Be sure to check your email consecutively. Don't worry or stress, just dress the part and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you worked through it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very very short and sweet, she asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. I swore I had the job. The interview was easy and I wasn't nervous at all, just excited to potentially work for such an amazing company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict with a customer, and what was the resolve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed application online and received an e-mail invitation to interview by phone 2-3 days later. The phone interview lasted all of 5-minutes. I originally applied to work for the Bobbi Brown counter, but was informed that I'd be considered for all the open positions. I interviewed in person the next week but did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite long since interviews were staggered so far apart, took about a month to get hired. First interview was a phone interview, then a TalentPlus questionnaire (which was so long, thank god it was online and not on phone), and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to word at Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After I applied for Mac cosmetics online, I received an invitation for a phone interview in a day. A week later after I made my appointment for a phone interview, I received a call and the interview lasted 10mins. Questions were straight forward and I got invited to in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a phone interview within a couple days.. phone interview was only a few easy questions..basically how do you deal with customer type questions and experience questions. then got an in-person interview which was not hard..basically met with cosmetics hiring manager and spoke more about my experience and customer service related questions.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work in beauty?   Answer Question
    • if you knew there may be a chance for you to not make your sales goal, what would you do?   Answer Question