Nordstrom Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.7

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had four interviews total. One brief one on the phone, then a week later I met with a hiring manager for about half an hour, a few days later I met with the cosmetics department manager for an hour and my final interview was with the account manager and counter manager for the brand I applied for. I very much enjoyed the conversations I had with these people and I walked away from each one feeling better than when I walked in. They were very prompt about setting up and executing the interviews. The only negative part of the interview process for me was how prolonged it was. All in all, I spent about 2 and a half hours being interviewed. I appreciate thoroughness, and that was really the only complaint I had about the process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

If your application is considered you will be called for a phone "interview" considering your work availability and scheduling an in-person interview. Be sure to check your email consecutively. Don't worry or stress, just dress the part and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you worked through it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very very short and sweet, she asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. I swore I had the job. The interview was easy and I wasn't nervous at all, just excited to potentially work for such an amazing company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict with a customer, and what was the resolve?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed application online and received an e-mail invitation to interview by phone 2-3 days later. The phone interview lasted all of 5-minutes. I originally applied to work for the Bobbi Brown counter, but was informed that I'd be considered for all the open positions. I interviewed in person the next week but did not receive an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite long since interviews were staggered so far apart, took about a month to get hired. First interview was a phone interview, then a TalentPlus questionnaire (which was so long, thank god it was online and not on phone), and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to word at Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you encountered a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

After I applied for Mac cosmetics online, I received an invitation for a phone interview in a day. A week later after I made my appointment for a phone interview, I received a call and the interview lasted 10mins. Questions were straight forward and I got invited to in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question

Cosmetic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online and got a phone interview within a couple days.. phone interview was only a few easy questions..basically how do you deal with customer type questions and experience questions. then got an in-person interview which was not hard..basically met with cosmetics hiring manager and spoke more about my experience and customer service related questions.

Interview Questions

• name a time you had a difficult customer, what did you do?   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work in beauty?   Answer Question
    • if you knew there may be a chance for you to not make your sales goal, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brea, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Brea, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone interview within a week and then an in-person interview within two weeks. I applied to a job post for the MAC Cosmetics counter and was super excited. I had read a few reviews online stating that they will often offer you to work in another dept. or will state that the position you applied for is filled. I was praying this wouldn't happen to me but it did. I went in to the interview on my scheduled date, the interview was straight forward. Asked lots of customer service questions and a little about your background. After all the questions, she(interviewer) stated the MAC position was filled but there were other positions available. Of course I was super bummed but still showed interest. She stated she was going to review my app. with her manager and I would get a call accordingly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

There are three different interviews-One on the phone, and two in person. They were basic questions about who are you and why you do the things you do! The phone interview was first and insanely important to sound professional, be on time, don't miss the call.

Interview Questions

• What about Nordstrom's stands out to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Skokie, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

After I passed the phone interview I was scheduled to come into the store for an interview. It was very in organized and the manager didn't even know she had an interview scheduled at all. I sat down an interviewed with an assistant manager and was told that I didn't have enough availability.