Nordstrom Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.5

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

multi tasking test. Online timed Multi-Tasking test. Wasted valuable time attempting to input 12 digit account number,learned to write the number then input the number. Read emails, will help with tasks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview for the position. Nordstrom was great at allowing you to select a time that would work best for you, but ultimately I wasn't offered the position. Asked a lot of similar questions that were already addressed earlier in the interview. Pretty average phone interview. I would apply there again, but this time not for a seasonal position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went above and beyond to serve a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Did a phone interview via employee referral was rejected and employee called interviewer and demanded another phone interview. Did second phone interview. Was asked to come in and do in person interview and did. Was then submitted to background check and was offered job a month or so later.

Interview Questions

• How to handle multi tasking in a fast paced environment.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview then store interview. met with the manager and then i got a tour of the store. They called back and i was offered the job and began the training process. I went to king of prussia for the training, and it was very eventful and informative

Interview Questions

• Name one way youve helped another in a hectic environment   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and scenario questions. They want to know you can work in a fast pace environment. Customer service is key, so it's a plus if you have a previous customer service experience. Just be yourself and smile, smiling goes a very long way because it customer service oriented. They are also very professional,timely and organized. If you answer the question in a professional manner and think of the customer first, you will get the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Centennial, CO) in November 2014.

Interview

Very smooth professional process.
    After applying online, I was called by a recruiter for a phone screening, after that I had my face to face interview on site.
    The hiring staff was kind, and they take time to know you well even before having the interview with a manager or supervisor.

Interview Questions

• I listened to a call and was asked some questions about that, what should the representative should have done on that call and many other question about my experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, the starting rate was known.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2014.

Interview

Received e-mail the same day as applied to set up interview process. Went through phone interview than two tests. One on grammar and the other on phone listening skills. Then I went for a walk in interview too.

Interview Questions

• The test was the most difficult. Pay attention and take lots of notes!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Englewood, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone screening to set in person interview, then received offer through HR which was made via phone call and then followed up with email that outlined offer and basic benefits package

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2014.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. Then I had to take two computer tests and went in for an interview. The first test is to see how well you can multitask and respond to customers. The second test is part of the in person interview. I listened to an employee take six calls. Then I went back for my interview. The interview was discussing my skill levels in customer service, computer skills, previous employers, job duties and how do I handle various situations.
    I was told that I would hear back from them within a week and it has been a week.

Interview Questions

• The computer tests you on your ability to multitask and how well you respond to customers based on the information they provide you with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Concord, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Concord, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Apply online, phone interview, then get called for a face to face. They have 2 managers interview one at a time then make their decision. Background check took forever, but after that it was smooth sailing.