Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cedar Rapids, IA) in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview - It was while I was in the car and unprepared but generally quite easy.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with angry customers?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had an offer over the telephone. It was easy and was a "job hopper's" dream come true. No problems with extensive previous work history. My impression is that as desperate as companies are to hire for call centers, they aren't too picky and you can get by with stretching dates, using dead supervisors, ones who don't work for a company any more, etc.

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied online from out of state. I stated that I was relocating myself and would be in town for a week and could do my interview then. The training class days would work with my moving date but I believe I was not called back because I didnt already live in the area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult customer experience and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a day later asking for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted less than ten minutes and I was asked for an in person interview the following afternoon. Went in for a one-on-one interview where I took a skills test (if i could write a professional email), toured the office, and then interviewed with a recruiter. It was all very casual and comfortable. The interview questions were standard--no curve balls.

The pay was too low.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied online for this position and received an email invitation to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was fairly short and was following by about a 45 minute online test. I was called in for an additional interview on site, where I took an additional 45 minute test, followed by a tour of the call center, a review of some of the calls and about an hour for interview. The interview took roughly three hours. I received a notice to fill out information for a background check and references, and received a call back a week later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my fashion sense. Maybe this is normal for the industry, considering I come from a telecom background, but I was a little taken aback considering the job title. Maybe if I was customer facing or a buyer, but I dress well for interviews, so I wasn't sure where the interviewer was going with this question. I don't believe that this was company policy, but the male interviewer repeatedly asked if I had any major life changing plans in the near future ie was I pregnant or planning on having children. I know its an unlawful question, and I was surprised at the interviewer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating room. I was to accept the offer as is or not take it. Reviews are on an annual basis, so the there is little opportunity for a pay raise review.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received an email that gave a link to choose a date and time for a phone interview (the usual screening questions that lasted about 10 minutes). Immediately after the phone interview, I was emailed a link to an assessment test which touched on multitasking, listening, and writing. Then, I was emailed to provide more information so that they could run a background check. The next day, I was emailed to schedule an onsite interview. The onsite interview consisted of the same assessment test (again, heavily relied on multitasking, listening, and writing), listening in on actual real time customer calls, the tour of the call center, and finally, the questions. The questions that my interviewer asked of me were mainly in regards to my work experience, my availability, and how do I handle stress/pressure.
    Two days later, I was given the offer for the position in which I was given the date of orientation, an option for when to start the 3 paid week of training, as well as an option of which shift to take.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress/pressure?
      Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
      Tell me a time when you handled stress.
      Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was presented the same pay during the phone interview and again in the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got a e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. Two days later the HR called me but I missed the call. Had to reschedule it 3 days later and had the phone interview. Very easy and short just asked a couple questions about why nordstrom and how I feel about customer service. After the phone interview I recieved a multitasking test that took about an hour to take. The next day the HR lady called and said I passed the test and scheduled a person interview in seattle. Met the manager and took another test and passed. He then asked me questions and offered me the position on the spot. However I had to wait for several weeks for HR to clear my background information.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process started with a call from HR asking the standard questions about why I wanted to join the company and what I knew about the company. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to meet with one of the hiring managers for an in person interview. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with little to no direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did something above and beyond for a customer without being told to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back from a recruiter and got thru the first step which was the phone interview. I passed that which was pretty simple. The second step was a face/face interview with a woman who would be my boss.

The first thing I noticed was how undressed I was, and I was wearing a dress! I seriously thought these woman were going to a formal event! I know that they work in the fashion industry, but it made me very nervous.

There were general questions about customer service. However, I did notice that they shifts were very early in the morning (5:30), and there were certain times in the year were you couldn't take off for vacation. When I explained to her that I took the bus and I'm not even sure they run that early, me that she didn't care. She kept saying that "customers are only thing here."

My recruiter had told me that I would be fine for Christmas, and the woman flat out told me NO.
    Yeah, save to say we really didn't get along.

I still really love the company, but I haven't been called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Began with a typical phone interview that lasted no more than 10-15 minutes. They asked general questions about why you want to work for the company, what drew you to the position you are after, and a few behavioral questions (name a time you went above and beyond for a customer etc.) Once you are "successful" and deemed as a potential good fit for the position, they will schedule you for an in-person interview which took about half an hour. They asked for a lot of example driven responses that gauge how much you care about customers, prioritizing tasks, working in a team, and how comfortable you are using technology.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, can you give me an example of when something did not go your way and how you handled it, why do you think you are a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Simple and to the point. Simple question. First phone screen, then invited for onsite interview, along with a job shadow. Friendly people, interviewers. Applied online, and few weeks later I received an email that asked me to schedule for phone screen. After phone screen, takes about a week to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Weakness, strengths, have you worked in call center environment prior, etc.   Answer Question