Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 4.7K interviews

In Person4%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (White Plains, NY)

Interview

Very smooth, easy going. First I had a phone interview, 2 weeks later I had an in store interview. Store manager is very sweet. Nothing out of the ordinary. Very big on customer service.

Interview Questions
  • Are you customer obsessed?
    Answer Question
  • Are you willing to go the extra mile?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

Easy process! Completed the application via LinkedIn, a few days later I received an invitation to complete a video interview via hirevue. The questions were simple retail experience questions. Lasted about 20 minutes. Completed the virtual and a few days later I received a email inviting me to a phone interview follow-up on Friday. The recruiter was very nice, informed me more about the position. She asked me multiple questions like a what would you do in this situation. The following Monday I got a phone call and received a offer letter.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an angry customer who's order was lost and the item that was ordered was no longer available?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in May 2018

Interview

Online application, online automated interview, in-person interview. The online interview consists of a set of pre-recorded questions, you have a limited amount of time to answer, you only have one attempt to answer each question, about 10 total questions.

Interview Questions
  • What was an issue you faced, what solution did you implement, what were the results?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in Sep 2017

Interview

Application.. Over the phone interview.. Assessment... Virtual Interview.. I got to the third virtual interview and I read online that basically if you make it that far you have the job. That wasn't the case for me :( Not sure where I went wrong in the virtual interview but I didn't think it was fair for the simple fact that the interviewer could see me and I couldn't see her. She said her connection was slow all day. *shrugs* I'll try again next time.

Interview Questions
  • Behavior questions, what do you know about the company.. pay attention to the assessment (multitasking),
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in Sep 2016

Interview

I was recruited by a recruiter at a career fair. They set me up with a phone interview after they told me to apply for the job. I was later invited for an in-person interview with a team leader at their main office in Seattle. I did well on the interview and was invited to do a test. I messed up the test because my internet sucks and it stopped halfway and I couldn't restart in until a day later.

Interview Questions
  • Basically tell me more about yourself, situations and behavioral questions. The test after the interviews is the MOST important part, be prepared to stay focus for awhile and make sure the internet works or go to a place that has good internet.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA)

Interview

The interview process started with a call from HR asking the standard questions about why I wanted to join the company and what I knew about the company. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to meet with one of the hiring managers for an in person interview. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with little to no direction.
  • Tell me about a time when you did something above and beyond for a customer without being told to.
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lithonia, GA) in Jun 2015

Interview

I applied on careers.norstrom.com on 6/3, got an email back that night to select an interview date, my interview was the 6/11, I was sent an assessment after the interview (the assessment is very important. It determines if you get the job or not. It's important you pass the assessment. PAY ATTENTION) after the assessment I was sent an email for my background check on 6/15. On 6/17 I got a call to set up my virtual interview, I took the virtual interview on 06/18. On 06/19 I was offered the job. Once you pass the first interview and the assessment you're in the door. Be you and be truthful.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if your computer shut down?
60 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in Aug 2015

Interview

Was simple! Once I applied and went through the typical questionnaire, I was contacted by phone to set up a video chat interview. Little did I know that it was going to be my own supervisor! She was wonderful, engaging, funny and sweet. Whole thing took about 20 minutes. She was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Interview Questions
  • Basically to describe myself, my experiences with other lines of work, and why I wanted to work for Nordstrom.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in Jul 2015

Interview

I applied online. I heard back from a recruiter and got thru the first step which was the phone interview. I passed that which was pretty simple. The second step was a face/face interview with a woman who would be my boss. The first thing I noticed was how undressed I was, and I was wearing a dress! I seriously thought these woman were going to a formal event! I know that they work in the fashion industry, but it made me very nervous. There were general questions about customer service. However, I did notice that they shifts were very early in the morning (5:30), and there were certain times in the year were you couldn't take off for vacation. When I explained to her that I took the bus and I'm not even sure they run that early, me that she didn't care. She kept saying that "customers are only thing here." My recruiter had told me that I would be fine for Christmas, and the woman flat out told me NO. Yeah, save to say we really didn't get along. I still really love the company, but I haven't been called back.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Spokane, WA) in Jun 2015

Interview

Began with a typical phone interview that lasted no more than 10-15 minutes. They asked general questions about why you want to work for the company, what drew you to the position you are after, and a few behavioral questions (name a time you went above and beyond for a customer etc.) Once you are "successful" and deemed as a potential good fit for the position, they will schedule you for an in-person interview which took about half an hour. They asked for a lot of example driven responses that gauge how much you care about customers, prioritizing tasks, working in a team, and how comfortable you are using technology.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, can you give me an example of when something did not go your way and how you handled it, why do you think you are a good fit for this position
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews