Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Customer Service Specialist Interview Questions

2.6

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by a recruiter at a career fair. They set me up with a phone interview after they told me to apply for the job. I was later invited for an in-person interview with a team leader at their main office in Seattle. I did well on the interview and was invited to do a test. I messed up the test because my internet sucks and it stopped halfway and I couldn't restart in until a day later.

Interview Questions

• Basically tell me more about yourself, situations and behavioral questions. The test after the interviews is the MOST important part, be prepared to stay focus for awhile and make sure the internet works or go to a place that has good internet.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lithonia, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied on careers.norstrom.com on 6/3, got an email back that night to select an interview date, my interview was the 6/11, I was sent an assessment after the interview (the assessment is very important. It determines if you get the job or not. It's important you pass the assessment. PAY ATTENTION) after the assessment I was sent an email for my background check on 6/15. On 6/17 I got a call to set up my virtual interview, I took the virtual interview on 06/18. On 06/19 I was offered the job. Once you pass the first interview and the assessment you're in the door. Be you and be truthful.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your computer shut down?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA).

Interview

The interview process started with a call from HR asking the standard questions about why I wanted to join the company and what I knew about the company. After the phone interview, I was scheduled to meet with one of the hiring managers for an in person interview. The interview was about one hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision with little to no direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you did something above and beyond for a customer without being told to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Antonio, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Was simple! Once I applied and went through the typical questionnaire, I was contacted by phone to set up a video chat interview. Little did I know that it was going to be my own supervisor! She was wonderful, engaging, funny and sweet. Whole thing took about 20 minutes. She was in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Interview Questions

• Basically to describe myself, my experiences with other lines of work, and why I wanted to work for Nordstrom.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Nordstrom offers a generous salary based on your location and cost of living for that area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I heard back from a recruiter and got thru the first step which was the phone interview. I passed that which was pretty simple. The second step was a face/face interview with a woman who would be my boss.

The first thing I noticed was how undressed I was, and I was wearing a dress! I seriously thought these woman were going to a formal event! I know that they work in the fashion industry, but it made me very nervous.

There were general questions about customer service. However, I did notice that they shifts were very early in the morning (5:30), and there were certain times in the year were you couldn't take off for vacation. When I explained to her that I took the bus and I'm not even sure they run that early, me that she didn't care. She kept saying that "customers are only thing here."

My recruiter had told me that I would be fine for Christmas, and the woman flat out told me NO.
    Yeah, save to say we really didn't get along.

I still really love the company, but I haven't been called back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Spokane, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Began with a typical phone interview that lasted no more than 10-15 minutes. They asked general questions about why you want to work for the company, what drew you to the position you are after, and a few behavioral questions (name a time you went above and beyond for a customer etc.) Once you are "successful" and deemed as a potential good fit for the position, they will schedule you for an in-person interview which took about half an hour. They asked for a lot of example driven responses that gauge how much you care about customers, prioritizing tasks, working in a team, and how comfortable you are using technology.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer, can you give me an example of when something did not go your way and how you handled it, why do you think you are a good fit for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

I loved the skills qualifications test. For legal reasons, most companies shy away from them, and that is too bad. It tests what you need to do to perform in the role. Nice work Nordstrom.com for using this.

Interview Questions

• Are you ok with getting measured on how fast you can get the customer off the phone?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview started out as a phone interview, which later lead to two in person interviews with an Assistant manager as well as Department Manager. The interview was formal, started reading off of my resume and repeated a lot of the questions that were already discussed via phone interview.The phone interview was approximately 20 minutes long,

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you have gone above and beyond for a customer? Why do you want to work for Nordstrom? What would you say are the qualities that make for good customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online and got a e-mail to schedule a phone interview the next day. Two days later the HR called me but I missed the call. Had to reschedule it 3 days later and had the phone interview. Very easy and short just asked a couple questions about why nordstrom and how I feel about customer service. After the phone interview I recieved a multitasking test that took about an hour to take. The next day the HR lady called and said I passed the test and scheduled a person interview in seattle. Met the manager and took another test and passed. He then asked me questions and offered me the position on the spot. However I had to wait for several weeks for HR to clear my background information.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time I gave excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Met with three separate managers very quick hiring process. Interviewees very personable and knowledgable. Made to feel comfortable and felt positive about growth potential within the company.
    asked personal questions which was a refreshing change to most other interviews I have had in the past.

Interview Questions

• When did I feel most challenged in a workplace and how did I handle it?   Answer Question