Nordstrom Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

Updated May 20, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX).

Interview

You fill out the application online and then if that goes well they will email you to set up a phone appointment. During the phone appointment they asked me about your availability. My availability was friday afternoon, saturday, sunday and the holiday weeks since i go to school and that still wasn't enough for a seasonal employee

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Plano, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You apply online, then get a phone interview once that is passed you go in person for an interview. In the interview they asked basic questions of how your previous work experience has been.

Interview Questions

• What was one challenge you were given in your previous jobs and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

they sent me email that they will call me for interview and when they call me they just ask one question why you interesting in this place but i didn't get the offer because of my availability Im just availabil 5 hours but they need 7 hours i fell so sad i wish i can work with them in future

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was a bit long. I had originally applied for the Designer Department, they contacted me about two weeks later for a phone interview. Then, they called me for an interview for three weeks after, promising me that the position would still be available then. I went to the interview three weeks later, and they had me waiting for more than an hour. Five minutes before I was considering leaving, someone approached me and told me that the position for the Design Department was no longer available, and they asked me if I would like to interview for another department. I agreed, since I was already there and had dressed up and driven all the way. The interview was very short. The interviewer knew nothing about my resume I had sent, and the experience I had, but I still continued with a professional attitude. At the end of the interview they show you the department you'd be working for, and ask you to sell the interviewer an item from the department. The interview takes around 15-20 minutes in total.

Overall, I was a little disappointed on how they handle my interview process, because I've heard and read that the process is normally not that long and they carry it a bit more professional. But at the end of the day, once I started working there, the managers are really nice and open to their employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell an item from this department to a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview - super basic. The lady sounded like she was rushing through it just to check it off the list that she had interviewed me. She asked if I would come in for an interview. There were about 50 people in one room being interviewed by different people. It turns out, though, it wasn't really an interview, they were just trying to decide which department to place us in.
    By the way, this was for Seasonal Sales Associate. I ended up staying on as full-time.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you provided exceptional customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Frisco, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Got a call from the HR department and did a short phone interview, set up an in person interview a few days later and then received an on the spot offer. The interview was very easy and didn't really delve too deep. They explained pay and benefits as well as a three day training course at another location.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had with a difficult customer and how did you help them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no real negotiation as it is a commission only position, and you get a certain percentage of what you sell.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took a few weeks and was relatively very smooth. I first submitted my resume, then had a video interview and then went into the store to have an interview with an HR manager. They also had me do a sales simulation. The HR manager was very kind and quickly called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you set a goal and did not reach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

It went really well, everyone was so nice and everything was very professional.

So I applied and they emailed me within 2 days asking to set up a phone interview.

After I did my phone interview she gave me a time and date and told me I was going to be moving along in the interview process.

For the second interview, it was a group of us and we all thought we were interviewing for the same position but they break u off into whatever department you applied for.

Once I interviewed with the department manager, he took me to the section I'm going to be in and asked me to pick one item and sell it to him then we went back to the HR manager and she interviewed me the same day.

Within' 2 days, they called and offered me the job. This was seriously the quickest most professional interview process I've ever experienced. I'm so excited to start, I love the department I'm going to be in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you don't have any sales experience, you're going to start off making almost minimum wage even though you're still on commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

One of the hardest interview ever! Was interviewed in front of 5 people panel. 5 different HR managers from different location. They take turn spitting out different questions. Also, you have to pretend to sell them an item as well. Very intimidating!

Interview Questions

• Give us a time where you have to work in teams, and tell us how you succeed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Two step process. First I had to do a video interview, questions would flash up on the screen and I was recorded answering them. Second I had panel interview and had to go to the Nordstrom at the galleria in Dallas, TX. Two days after the interview they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell them something off of a clothes rack.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, I was just offered the position and accepted