Nordstrom Department Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2019

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.6
HardAverageEasy
Found 32 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in Jan 2018

Interview

Only one interview with Store Manager and Hr after that got offered next day. It took only a few days after I applied for the postion. The process was very smooth and simple. If you got what it takes you get in!

Interview Questions
  • If I would relocate?
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Providence, RI) in Oct 2016

Interview

initial interview over the phone, second with HR, third with store manager. Interview was direct and to the point, Focus on your strengths, highlight customer service skills especially. be personable and professional.

Interview Questions
  • what brings you to Nordstrom?
  • Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision with your team,
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States) in Jun 2016

Interview

I recieves the call to come in for an interview after applying two days prior. (They were desperate) I went in, I saw the department, I saw how the workers looked so miserable, I saw how the store was unorganized, small, and disarray ... I walked out mid interview 🖕🏽

Interview Questions
  • They asked me what are my weaknesses and what do I see them as such.
Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in Feb 2016

Interview

Nordstrom promotes from within so the interview was over the phone. It was fairly short because there was a lot of networking done prior to interviewing. It is always helpful if you know those who work in the company. Human Resources is very good at giving everyone an opportunity to get their foot in the door.

Interview Questions
  • How will you get to know and lead a new team?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chennai) in Jan 2016

Interview

first gropudiscuusionn and before hat aptitude and finally personal interview and later on discussed about family background first gropudiscuusionn and before hat aptitude and finally personal interview and later on discussed about family background

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Questions are about examples of how to lead and motivate a team. Show you are a business owner and passionate about driving results and being competitive. You will sit with the store manager and go over your career with nordstrom. Throwing in fun and exciting goals you have reached in your previous roles will help you land the job.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time an employee was not meeting expectations. How did you coach that employee and what was the outcome
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2015

Interview

Apply online and HR or the Store Manager will reach out to you to set up an interview. There will be a phone interview and an in-person interview. However, if the store manager needs to hire quickly (during holiday seasons), it may just be a phone interview, so be prepared to give your best at any time.

Interview Questions
  • They give you some specifics about the department and ask how you will deal with it. For example, This floor has a million dollar seller, how will you meet their needs while still holding them accountable for tasks on the floor?
  • This department has seen a decrease in (specific department number), what will you do to change that?
Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (King of Prussia, PA) in Jan 2015

Interview

Typical retail interview. Ask strengths and weaknesses. Retail math. Phone screen with HR and then in person with manager of department you applied for. Sales drill given at end of interview. Store tour and meet with store manager and HR manager in person

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA) in Dec 2014

Interview

Very brief and informal. The department manager positions are people who are already working in the company. This makes it a little easier when trying to move within your own region, as most of the other store managers will already know who you are and how you work.

Interview Questions
  • How are you going to improve business?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ottawa, ON)

Interview

They are very aggressive at getting you in to interview. Quite polite during the process however show little respect for your current position or background. I feel like they wasted a lot of my time asking me back for multiple interviews given the follow up that was provided to me

Interview Questions
  • Looking at the description of 5 candidates pick 3 you would hire and why?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 32