Nordstrom Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Intern Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people. The questions were really straight forward. The HR assistant did the normal interview type questions. It took around 30 minutes. for the last 15ish minutes, i met the sales manager and had to sell a dress and describe how i would treat customers

Interview Questions

• *took me to the store floor and was told to pick out anything* Had to sell the outfit to the sales manager   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick to respond compared to some companies; tough interview, I realized I am not yet qualified for this job so I did not make it to the in person interview. Awesome internship program though! I plan to try again after I get a little more experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty laid back, 3 people taking turns asking you questions about yourself. They then take you out to the sales floor and have you try to sell something off of a clothes rack to them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. You met with HR and 2 people in the sales department where they asked about your experience and how you would do in a team environment. The second part of the interview was a selling exercise.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied about 6 months in advance. There was an Online Assessment, Video Interview, Group in-person Interview. I was Interviewed by HR and then my store managers. Previous retail experience is ideal. Important to dress professional but stylish.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Submitted my resume, cover letter, and portfolio online through the Nordstrom Career Center. Received invitation to do video interview with HireVue. Was asked resume, career/experience, and availability questions. Given a set amount of time to listen and prepare for the question, and then a certain amount of time to respond to the question. Uses pre-recorded people to ask the questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great. Went very smoothly. Have to to an online web-cam interview and online screener first. Then you will either do an in person interview or phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a good interview. Group interview with five people total. We were interviewed by two Human Resource personnel. It was followed by a sales simulation. They had really friendly staff that were clearly in love with the company. They made sure we were comfortable. They did not ask for resumes.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

The process took a few weeks and was relatively very smooth. I first submitted my resume, then had a video interview and then went into the store to have an interview with an HR manager. They also had me do a sales simulation. The HR manager was very kind and quickly called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you set a goal and did not reach it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cherry Hill, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

SHORTHILLS INTERVIEW/NORDSTROM

Total 2 interviews. One was via phone, and one in person. The interview process was not so great. About 6 people interviewed me, they all asked me questions from the paper, very unprofessional. There was only 2 people that were actually nice and knew what they were talking about. One of them wasn't even interested in interviewing, they made me feel like I was from a different planet. My interview lasted about 1 hour, if some of them weren't interested then why bother interviewing me for an hour?

I recommend that know what questions you will ask the candidates, and be professional. I arrived on time, and the door was locked. They didn't begin the interview on time, they think they own the whole world. Extremely unprofessional people and their goal on the website states, "is treat people with respect and provide high end customer service." I think they need to work on that before interviewing people.

Even if I get the offer, I would have declined it immediately.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me about yourself
      2) Your career goals, mostly general questions