Nordstrom Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 30, 2017

2.8

100 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people. The questions were really straight forward. The HR assistant did the normal interview type questions. It took around 30 minutes. for the last 15ish minutes, i met the sales manager and had to sell a dress and describe how i would treat customers

Interview Questions

• *took me to the store floor and was told to pick out anything* Had to sell the outfit to the sales manager   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick to respond compared to some companies; tough interview, I realized I am not yet qualified for this job so I did not make it to the in person interview. Awesome internship program though! I plan to try again after I get a little more experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Pretty laid back, 3 people taking turns asking you questions about yourself. They then take you out to the sales floor and have you try to sell something off of a clothes rack to them.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application, contacted by recruiter via email, interviewed in person in a two step interview for a region and not a specific store. After the in person interview with human resources, you interview with a department manager/visual manager to sell an outfit. After two months of waiting, Nordstrom finally contacted candidates to say yay or nay. After accepting the offer it was another 2 months and a few days before starting. About a week and a half before starting, they sent emailed forms for human resources and questionnaire.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer and how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Basic interview questions, they want someone who has good customer service and leadership skills. Interviewed with the HR manager and store manager. Also did a selling exercise and tried to sell a clothing item to the interviewer.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. You met with HR and 2 people in the sales department where they asked about your experience and how you would do in a team environment. The second part of the interview was a selling exercise.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied about 6 months in advance. There was an Online Assessment, Video Interview, Group in-person Interview. I was Interviewed by HR and then my store managers. Previous retail experience is ideal. Important to dress professional but stylish.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Submitted my resume, cover letter, and portfolio online through the Nordstrom Career Center. Received invitation to do video interview with HireVue. Was asked resume, career/experience, and availability questions. Given a set amount of time to listen and prepare for the question, and then a certain amount of time to respond to the question. Uses pre-recorded people to ask the questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

Overall, the interview process was great. Went very smoothly. Have to to an online web-cam interview and online screener first. Then you will either do an in person interview or phone interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a good interview. Group interview with five people total. We were interviewed by two Human Resource personnel. It was followed by a sales simulation. They had really friendly staff that were clearly in love with the company. They made sure we were comfortable. They did not ask for resumes.