Nordstrom Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.5

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Brief interview with an HR person from the location where they asked situational and behavioural questions on dealing with customers. Asked questions like would you sell me this item and convincing customers to buy the item.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call to set up an interview about a week or so later. The interview was scheduled for two weeks after the phone call. I was brought back to a 4-person panel style interview. They each took turns asking me questions, all taking notes each time. The first questions they asked were very basic, like which location would you prefer, what are your top three departments, availability, etc. Then they went into the more in-depth interview questions. Tips: 1. Have your resume, letter of recommendation, cover letter, and a thank you note printed out to give to the interviewers. 2. Write down all the questions you can find, and have answers prepared. 3. Dress to impress, but remember this is Nordstrom, not a bank. I wouldn't wear a suit, they want to see your personal style; but keep it professional. I wore black velvet dress pants, a white blouse, and blush pumps. Don't forget to accessorize. 4. Get there early so you have time to review notes, go to the restroom, etc. 5. Remember to eat! I forgot and I was super shaky.

Good luck!

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I got 2 phone interviews and they were rather long. I was suppose to have a in person interview but I wasn't in the same state so they compensated me by conducting another phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day asking me to complete an interview video, completed the video and received a phone call in the next couple of days asking to come in for an interview

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, about 20- 25 minutes. The human resource manager and shoe sales person asked the questions and wrote down my responses, but it was mostly the manager that controlled the interview. They were pretty casual and very nice. Answered all my questions and gave me their contact information.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself competitive?
      A time when you failed at something?
      How would you handle an unhappy/angry customer?
      What department are you the most interested in?
      How do you keep up with current fashion trends?
      Had me go out onto the sales floor and role play a situation where a customer was going on a trip to Europe, wanted to just pack a carry on, and didnt want the clothes to wrinkle easily.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview, 2 one-on-one interviews, and then was offered the job two weeks later. Best to apply early because they will get to your application first. Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking.

Interview Questions

• Be careful with the "personality" questionnaire-be honest and think about what they are asking. They ask questions such as, where do you see yourself in ten years? Tell me about a time you didn't mean your goal. Tell me about a time you took on a leadership role. Do you think competition is healthy or unhealthy for the workplace? Etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The interviewer was very friendly and easy to talk to. Had lots of information and asked a lot of basic questions to get to know more about me. They asked me to try to sell a product and how I would go about approaching a customer to help them decide on a certain item. Lots of room for me to ask questions about the position.

Interview Questions

• What is good customer service in your eyes?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Interview

I applied at Nordstrom's online and was contacted maybe a week after. I opted to do the phone interview right then and there, it took about five minutes and was really easy. I set up a one on one interview the following week. The interview ran smoothly. They asked questions like "what do you like about commission?" and "tell me a time...". I ended up getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question