Nordstrom Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call to set up an interview about a week or so later. The interview was scheduled for two weeks after the phone call. I was brought back to a 4-person panel style interview. They each took turns asking me questions, all taking notes each time. The first questions they asked were very basic, like which location would you prefer, what are your top three departments, availability, etc. Then they went into the more in-depth interview questions. Tips: 1. Have your resume, letter of recommendation, cover letter, and a thank you note printed out to give to the interviewers. 2. Write down all the questions you can find, and have answers prepared. 3. Dress to impress, but remember this is Nordstrom, not a bank. I wouldn't wear a suit, they want to see your personal style; but keep it professional. I wore black velvet dress pants, a white blouse, and blush pumps. Don't forget to accessorize. 4. Get there early so you have time to review notes, go to the restroom, etc. 5. Remember to eat! I forgot and I was super shaky.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Brief interview with an HR person from the location where they asked situational and behavioural questions on dealing with customers. Asked questions like would you sell me this item and convincing customers to buy the item.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Riverside, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online using their website, then received an email to choose a date for a phone interview. Got scheduled for an in-person interview the next day with the Manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, how do you handle customer complaints, How would you sell ____ product?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

After self recorded interview screening to generic interview questions was asked for in person interview. Met in conference room with 7 other candidates. Each was paired with member of HR or Department Manager for 1 on 1. Half hour of interviewing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2018.

Interview

Was a very pleasant and encouraging interview. I met two different store managers and they told me their stories and about the internship. Then the interview began and it was pretty average. About fifteen minutes of straight-forward questions. Then asked to pretend sell an item to the two interviewers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

There were 2 rounds and it lasted about an hour. One round was just customer service questions with a manager and the other was a selling exercise and more personal questions with a different manager .

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2018.

Interview

It was about an hour long. Pretty intense for a basic internship. It was a four on one style interview, so it was pretty intimidating. They also had a role-play part with another coworker. Seemed like a fun internship-but not for me.

Interview Questions

• How did you react to a difficult situation in your past job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beachwood, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Beachwood, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a very quick interview, about 20- 25 minutes. The human resource manager and shoe sales person asked the questions and wrote down my responses, but it was mostly the manager that controlled the interview. They were pretty casual and very nice. Answered all my questions and gave me their contact information.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself competitive?
      A time when you failed at something?
      How would you handle an unhappy/angry customer?
      What department are you the most interested in?
      How do you keep up with current fashion trends?
      Had me go out onto the sales floor and role play a situation where a customer was going on a trip to Europe, wanted to just pack a carry on, and didnt want the clothes to wrinkle easily.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I got 2 phone interviews and they were rather long. I was suppose to have a in person interview but I wasn't in the same state so they compensated me by conducting another phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Riverside, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received an email the next day asking me to complete an interview video, completed the video and received a phone call in the next couple of days asking to come in for an interview