Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 12, 2017

2.7

686 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in December 2017.

Interview

A few hours after I submitted my online application, I received a call to schedule a phone interview which took place roughly 48 hours thereafter. The recruiting manager called me as scheduled.

Sales Representitve Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

During the first phone call, i was asked little bit about my background. At the end of this call, I was told to wait for phone interview, but days later, they emailed me that they already find somebody else instead. So I was quite disappointed.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had applied online. Got an email from a recruiter for video interview. Interview questions were already recorded. You just have to answer those preset questions. There were few behavioral questions and 1 coding question

IT Field Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Process took a little over a month. Applied online, setup standard HR phone screen.
    After that I had a phone screen with an IT Field Tech manager. Then the Field Tech manager setup a panel phone screen with him and some of his lead techs.
    Then finally onsite interview.

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

They put me through 4+ rounds of interviews that lasted over 4 months, and no offer. As the length of the interview process reveals, there were weeks (if not over a month) of radio silence between interview rounds. The organization (and interviewers) strike me as very laidback and lazy. Also they stole some of my ideas for the business unit, so they seem very unethical as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newark, DE) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview the same day. She said she has one question, which was regarding my availability. I told her my hours, but she seemed completely displeased. I'm a college student so classes always come first, but the interviewer almost expected me to change my class schedule in order to cater to when they needed. Also, she insisted I be able to work for the holidays, which I understand is important, but I won't even be in the state at that time, as I'm going home for the holidays.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Must apply online, the rep calls you in a two hour window, if you miss it they don’t call back and you have to reschedule. I️ had an interview at Woodfield and the HR got me in and picked a department for me and I️ would have worked any department. The kids dept head scheduled me during a time she knew they had a sales rally so I️ was left waiting outside in the cold until someone let me in the employee door, then I️ waited 20 more minutes standing until someone finally took pity on me and found her. She was unorganized and asked me the same questions the HR lady did. She didn’t call me back but emailed me asking for a time to call me, then she didn’t call me, emailed again saying she was busy, and finally after two weeks in the whole process she said she picked another candidate. I️ could apply online for another position. I️ didn’t even pick that position. Why couldn’t she just tell HR and put me in another department or cashier if this department didn’t need me and they are hiring for literally 10 departments? Really dumb process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you went above and beyond to make a customer happy.   Answer Question

MAC On-Call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA).

Interview

I liked the interview process but not even before the interview started the Manager told me that the position I was applying for was not available because it was an “old post” but the post said it had been up for about 5 days. So she told me that they weren’t hiring for that position at the moment. Yet even after my interview, that post stayed up. And now 2 weeks after my interview the same position is posted up in a new post.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you have had to work with someone of a different background.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in November 2017.

Interview

After a few weeks I got an email to do a first round interview with the recruiter. She was slow to respond and when she did she scheduled an interview for 2.5hrs after the time that she sent the email. When it came time for the interview, she never called. I even followed up after waiting 10minutes and then waited another 10 minutes. Very unprofessional.