Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2,863 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Met an assistant manager of the department for lunch in the Nordstrom cafe. We had a conversation discussing my interests in sales, shoes, and life outside of work. It was a relatively easy going interview and my interviewer was someone I ended up learning a lot from in my time at the company

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied through the Nordstrom Careers site and was contacted by the hire manager for my division one day after applying. After some brief questions about my resume, she said she would be in contact with the regional manager to set up an interview. She emailed me right after our discussion and set up and phone interview with the regional manager later that week.

While speaking with the regional manager, she already had been briefed on my background and was mainly trying to get to know me. She asked me about some past experiences and why I was interested in Nordstrom. She also asked what salary I was looking for. After a long conversation, she asked to meet me in person.

One week later, we met for a brief interview where she ultimately offered in the position and met my salary desired.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

QUick phone interview followed by in person very friendly and descriptive in what they expect from interviewees no confusion in the process. Got to meet manager and who i would be working with right after interview and were very open about pay and hours expected so no surprises.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Braintree, MA).

Interview

It was easy, nice people, but felt (3) interviews were over the top. The manager seemed nice but I still didn't receive full knowledge about commission especially when I reached out to her via follow-up email.

Interview Questions

• They asked frequently how I felt about commission sales   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Interview was very easy. Basic customer service questions were asked, such as, "Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer," "How do you deal with a customer who demands to speak with management?"

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be the best fit for this position?   Answer Question

BP Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I received a phone call from HR and had a brief chat then was invited to come in for an in person interview. a couple days later I came in to answer like 5 easy no brainer questions provided by the dept. manager. there was a sales simulation where the dept manager asked me to dress her for a wedding. I picked clothes keeping in mind, the season we were currently in, colors that would compliment her, and body shape... also said flattering things

Interview Questions

• describe how you would deal with somone who was upset   1 Answer
    • have you ever had a commission based position before?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Had phone interview first. Very basic scripted questions and then got scheduled for in person interview. Was interviewed by HR and department manager. They were mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a competitive environment.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You basically have a phone interview with HR, who then brings you in to meet them, the department manager and maybe the store manager. I was hired on the spot, so it went pretty smooth.

Last Chance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Once you apply and they want to consider you you will have to do a phone interview after that it will get reviewed and then if you get accepted you will go in the store and interview with a manager that is hiring if you qualify you will interview with a second manager. If they like you they will call you within a week

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were a team player?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, it was very quick and to the point. The interviewer seemed friendly and took time after each question to record my answer, but otherwise the interview was pretty fast. Was asked to come to an in-person interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question