Nordstrom Women's Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Women's Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had a thirty minute interview with the store manager and was asked a series of questions regarding selling experience and how I would react in certain scenarios. Also was very informative into exactly what Nordstrom was looking for in the position

Interview Questions

• What is the number thing you want to do when talking to a customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Women Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online, and received a phone call 4 days later asking me some basic questions about myself and why I am interested in this job. Then I got asked if I wanted to come in for a face to face interview with the manager of the department. I went to the face to face answered some basic interview questions about the job and then was told I would be called if I got hired. The next day I got hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to use customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Women's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Providence, RI) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was first. It was difficult to schedule. Nordstrom wouldn't call, and l had to keep rescheduling. Third try, we finally spoke with each other!

For the live interview the dress was business casual and I arrived in the women's shoe dept. I had to then ask for a sales associate to alert dept mgr that I had arrived. I was greeted by HR and another associate in another department I was directed to go to. After a 15 minute wait, the department mgr greeted me and we went off to a back store conference room to talk. The interview he read was pretty scripted with standard management / sales type questions. I broke it up and asked a couple of my own around loyalty programs, and Nordstrom doing something out of the box? 😉

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time you had a challenging sales job & goal?   Answer Question
    • Q: What was one thing that they asked you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, I got a phone screening. I was invited to the store for an interview. There was a group of us, but after a brief orientation and introduction to al the department interviewers, you split off into where you were interviewing for. Following that was a standard interview. Next, I took a tour of the department and did selling role play.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a customer, show me how you would treat the customer/sell from beginning to end.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I Applied online
    Set up a phone interview
    Got invited for an in person interview
    They asked my a couple questions ( why Nordstrom, past experiences, what would you do type questions)
    Then she took me to the floor and i was asked to select 3 pairs of shoes and sale them.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Few parts to the process, but overall straight forward. One of the managers will direct you to speak with them in a group interview, then give you a call to let you know if you got the position or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked what would you do in a scenario where you had to deal with a sticky situation at the work place   Answer Question

Sales Associate - Women's Shoes Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed in a room full of managers, then went onto the sales floor to mock sell with a manager. We discussed my strengths and goals. I asked questions. I then met with the Human Resources Manager and Intern to discuss what would happen next.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this shoe?   1 Answer

Women's Shoes Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Applied on their website. Got called in. Department manager interviewed me. Showed me around stock room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Women's Shoe Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview is done with multiple other interviews going on in the restaurant. They first interview you based on if your competitive or not (because the job is commission based) and then they either decide if a manager from specific department they think you belong in will interview you or if you should go. When the manager comes he asks you to sell something from the specific department you are now interviewing for. After if the interviewer likes you they will show you around the department and then the main manager of that department meets you and talks to you for a minute or two and then you can go.

Interview Questions

• Are you a competitive person? How would you sell this shoe? Do you like to work with a team? Do you like competition with other employees? Would you push to win something or let the other person win before you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are really not allowed to negotiate anything. Unless you ask for a specific department because you have skills with that merchandise they kind of place you with the open spaces.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Barbara, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was a 4 step process: first online application, phone interview, in-store interview with HR, in-store interview with department manager during which you were given a customer challenged and asked how you would address it

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with a team.   Answer Question