Nordstrom Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,601 Interview Reviews

2.5

1,601 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First I was set up for a phone interview than an in person interview with human resources and then with the manager of the department or departments. The manager interview can take place a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not meet your sales quota for the week?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD) in June 2018.

Interview

Applied online a few weeks ago, received an email to schedule phone interview same day, In person interview was a week later. It was a hiring event so the interviews took place in a large room with 1:1 at each table. Also, did a group interview with the manager and human resources head. Heard back within a few hours that I got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interview style. They hold open interviews and pretty much tell you if not then immediately after if you got the role. You sit with different department managers and assistant managers and discuss the role. Usually the only managers that will be available are the ones currently needing new employees so you may not get the role you originally applied for online with can be a bit frustrating.

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was simple and engaging. Asked a lot of questions about my experience and how I would deal with certain situations. The interviewer was kind and even showed me around the department after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you did not make your sales mark for the week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

After my initial online application I received an immediate response. I was first contacted by a Nordstrom human resource manager by phone to assess my availability and set up a in-store interview. However, I ended up not interviewing with a cosmetics manager in the beginning (they were hosting a hiring event and they were backed up) so I interviewed with one of the service experience managers who was extremely nice. She made me feel incredibly comfortable and confident. Eventually though I did get a chance to meet with the Cosmetics Manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a challenge in the past (at work or school) and how did you overcome it?
      What promise/s have you made that you didn’t keep and why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

After you submit your application, you will receive an email followed by setting up a call with HR. Phone interview with HR, once everything goes smoothly you will be invited to set up an interview at the Nordstrom you applied to.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve problems from your previous work experience?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Walnut Creek, CA).

Interview

There was a phone interview and then a group interview. It was a bunch of other candidates and me in a room. Bouncing back and forth asking questions. Just be super enthusiastic and stand out in the in the group interview. There is a drug test involved.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Fairly easy interview process heavily based on customer service topics. Interview was with a manager and employee. Important to be outgoing and friendly in the interview because they are looking for good social skills.

Interview Questions

• Have you been in a situation with an unhappy customer? How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interviewed with the Manager of the department I had applied for. He was polite and friendly and it was a very standard interview. No trick questions or anything like that--just trying to get a feel for your interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an unsatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Annapolis, MD) in May 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online and a few days later, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Before my phone interview was over, I set up an in person interview for the end of the week.

Interview Questions

• If you didn’t meet the sales quota for the week, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Pick a few items out of your favorite area in the department and tell me what you like about them.   Answer Question