Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,690 Interview Reviews

2.5

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Pleasanton, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview with Cosmetics Counter Manager. She told me she was still interviewing and would contact me by phone or email with their decision which they never did.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you don't make your daily sales quota? We will send you home if you don't make it! Rude young manager with a major attitude.   Answer Question

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Honolulu, HI) in December 2016.

Interview

First applied online at the company website, then later received an email to set up a phone interview. That in turn, led to an in person interview for the following week.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview took 2 weeks and 5 times for them to make up their mind. Management all seem to be disconnected . In the cosmetics are there is 4 floor managers , account executive for the brand, counter manager , assistant manager ....all in the same place . At the beginning , I got interviewed by phone,then in person by the sports wear manager , 3rd interview was a make up demo , then the last one was with the account executive of the brand on the phone . All that just to sell make up and just become a selling machine that's only worth as much as the next person . Artistry is not appreciated here .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom   1 Answer

Women's Apparel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2016.

Interview

First question: why do you want to work for Nordstrom? I actually fell asleep by waiting for the phone interview, and suddenly wake up after 2 hours later. I don't know why they called me 2 hours later and after the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• What do you think positive aspects of commission based sales and also negative or concerns you have for commission based sales position?   1 Answer
    • The interviewer also asked me if you did not meet your goal or expectation on sales, what will you do?   Answer Question
    • What will you do if you did not meet your own goal or expectation?   1 Answer
    • What kind of associates will be best for for this position?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and was immediately contacted for an interview. The interviewer interrupted me several times in my interview, and said I was not specific enough in my replies to her questions. My answers clearly demonstrated my candidacy and reflected my resume.

For example, I was asked, Can I give a specific example of being compensated by commission?When I replied, yes, I have been paid monthly by commission during my 22 year insurance career. I was interrupted-I wasn't being specific. OK, sure, I replied: I write insurance for shops and stores with Travelers. Each month, Travelers directly deposit the commission I earned from the previous month into my bank account-and that has been true for 17 years. She sighed, loudly, and stated that she was seeking an example she could write down.

In the end, I said that I didn't think she had read my resume, that her interview wasn't geared to hear real answers, and that my choice of description of hundreds of client service encounters weekly were very applicable to working in their home department, but evidently not in this interview, so I withdraw. And, then I withdrew my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• Can I give a specific example of being compensated by commission?   1 Answer
    • Are you available weekends and evenings and day shifts?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Personality Tests online, two phone interviews, interview with someone from personnel, then offer to interview with Department manger, Then joint interview with Department Manager and vendor, Department manager/vendor/counter manager interview.

This was a very extensive hiring process, yet there are still some employees that have no idea what they are doing!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if everything you have tried to do for the customer does not calm them down and the customer remains upset?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online for Cosmetics Sales Associate position. Got a call back the next day for an interview. Met with the cosmetics department manager and it was the most difficult interview ever. I've had interviews at Nordstrom before and was a rehire so I thought I had an idea of what they would ask but I felt as if I was interviewing for a job way more difficult than retail sales. It was over an hour and she asked about 20-30 questions.

Interview Questions

• Pick at product to sell to me. Why did you pick this product? Tell me 3 things about this product. What would you say to a customer who had reservations about this product.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

This was unlike any interview I've ever had - 4 hour "audition!"

Interview Questions

• If you were a PM for a bridge contractor ........   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online, I was sent an email saying they would like to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview online. During the phone interview I was asked various questions regarding my behavior and how I would handle certain situations as well as to describe events in the past that demonstrated a particular skill such as working as a team or meeting a sales goal. The Phone interview went great so I was invited to come in to do a one on one with the assistant HR manager. The interview was very similar, I was also asked how I would handle difficult customers, and how I felt about working in a commission only position. That went great so I came back for a interview with the department manager of Men's Furnishings. The initial interview went great, then I was taken to the sales floor, asked to familiarize myself with the merchandise and then approach the manager as a sales person and do a role play. I did okay at that, but then she followed with some product oriented questions directly related to how I would close the sale or help an indecisive customer.

Interview Questions

• Regarding a bottle of men's cologne that I was hypothetically selling, I was asked "What would you tell me about this product if I was indecisive about buying it?"   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview

it was a very long and vigourous review. it checked and pointed on every little aspect to question revolving around your and your judgement. overall i wopuld say it was very difficult and time consuming. when you thought it was over, there was a whole another part to pout of no where.

Interview Questions

• what do you see as a good way to increase revunue with out down staffing?   Answer Question