Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017
2,759 Interview Reviews

2.5

Womens Shoes Interview

Interview

The whole process with the interviewing went well. first one was brief interview with hr and the second interview was wiith the department mgr.

Interview Questions

• where do you see yourself in five years.   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

very limited interview Not very hard at all. They seem to want to seel you on working there. Not very deep or tricky question. It is a very simple process. Don't plan on taxing your brain much.

Commisioned Sales Interview

Interview

Fast, efficient, courteous. From the initial connection made with the HR department, it was less than a month before I was beginning Holiday training.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to be a part of the Nordstrom team?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Ph screening - 1:1 interview with HR manager, 1:1 with dept manager, wait for call back

Interview Questions

• role play as sales person to sell designer purses to the manager   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Shortly after I submitted my resume, I was called and given a short telephone interview. At the end of the interview, a time was set up to come in for a face to face interview. HR did a short company overview with a few general questions. I was then turned over to a department manager which had a couple of questions, then took me on a tour and offered me a position at the end.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked commission only jobs before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Started with a Multiple question test online. If you passed the personality test the HR representative would call and do a phone interview with basic why Nordstrom questoins and previous job history. After HR phone call the Floor dept manager would set up a in person at Nordstrom with you and do more sales interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went above and beyond for your previous job.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Submit profile online, phone interview, in person interview with human resources, interview with department manager, interview with store manager and then you get a phone call from department manager.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you applied for something and did not get it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Trends Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL).

Interview

they asked me a million questions and went through 3 different staged of management.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Online app, phone interview then in person interview with HR and Department manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation, just would you like to accept the position?

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied for a position that was opened in my area. The hiring process took a total of three interviews; a phone interview, an interview with HR and an interview with your potential department manager. They primarily ask you questions about how you've dealt with difficult customers and how you went about handling the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to deal with a difficult/unsatisfied customer and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question