Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017
2,696 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a phone interview 2 days after I put my application in. They asked the basic sales questions over the phone. Then scheduled an in person interview where I met with 2 managers from the department. Received a phone call later that day for the position

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were competitive on the job   Answer Question
    • If you didn't make commission the week prior what would you do different the next week?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time when a customer had too high expectations   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2017.

Interview

received notice on open position. Asked regional manager for their thoughts on my application for the job. Applied on-line. Hirer called my store and paged me over store PA system. Only had over the phone interview. Hirer called me within two business days and job offered me. I was asked to start the very next day. Very quick, decisive and impersonal.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Hawthorne, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied when it first opened and first had a phone interview, a couple weeks later got an in person interview that asked about goals with the company, how much you knew about the company.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2017.

Interview

Had a first interview with other people applying for the internship, but were split up into one on one interviews with different department managers. I was offered a final interview at the first interview. The final interview was one on one with the store manager and only lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped a difficult customer and how did you overcome that?   Answer Question

Store Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online. Then got an email about a phone interview. Reserved a date for the interview, and we skyped online. Overall the recruiter was not super patient and the interview was around 30 mins.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online through their career website. Was sent an email for a phone interview appointment. The lady asked basic questions and then at the end of the interview invited me for an in-person interview for the next week. Still waiting for the interview...hope it will go well

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   Answer Question
    • If you were not able to reach a set goal, describe your process on how you would reach your goal in the future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bellevue, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

Go to coffee shop and chat with manager, manager asks you questions from a script that is standardized. It's one on one and takes less than 30 minutes. They will also ask you your availability to work late nights

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

HQ - Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied online and a phone screen was arranged. I believe it was your typical recruiter phone screen with information about Nordstrom as as well as information about my past experience.

I believe I was then arranged to have a phone screen with my potential supervisor. They had more technical questions regarding tools, data, more exact questions about experience, and scenario-based questions. The usual.

I was then invited in for a series of 4 or 5 interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes to 1 hour or so, if I recall correctly.

It was fine, basically they repeated questions from the phone screen with my potential supervisor but with switched up answers more centered on the particular employee I was talking with and I got more specific with my potential supervisor regarding particular questions and we dove a bit deeper.

In general, I wasn't very impressed with most of the team there. Maybe it was just a culture thing or a Seattle Freeze thing. I dunno. I left with a bad taste in my mouth and wasn't really hoping to get the job towards the end.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of a campaign that went astray? How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Stylist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was done in two segments; A phone interview and then subsequently an in person interview. Both interviews were conducted by very friendly individuals who were very warm and welcoming. The in person interview was about an hour long. The first 30 minutes was just a basic standard interview with questions. For the second half of the interview you were required to go out on the sales floor and pull 2 different head-to-toe looks in 20 minutes based on a particular style that was given by them and the last 10 minutes was to present what you came up with. To me it was very difficult to come up with the best possible looks in that short amount of time and overall it was a lot of pressure. The hangers are very large and I found it very difficult to maneuver the sales floor and properly look for items while carrying multiple hangers, the style reference paper, and phone for timer. Not to mention, the accessories, shoes and bags, were all on the lower level so you had to go down the escalators to make it to those items.

Interview Questions

• Brief introduction about yourself and then....
      #1. What do you know about Nordstrom already?
      #2.What does visual merchandising mean to you?
      #3. What qualifies you for this position?
      #4. What other stores do you feel have great visual merchandising?
      #5. What are some of the things that you pay attention to or notice in terms of visual merchandising when you are in other stores?
      #6. What are some of your favourite brands that we carry, not necessarily what you can afford?
      #7.What fashion bloggers do you follow?
      #8. How do you stay up-to-date with the latest trends in fashion?
      #9. What do you hope to learn from this internship