Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017
2,830 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

You'll have several interviews with HR, Store manager, and department managers. First you have a phone interview, then they'll ask when you can come in for an interview. They take you on the floor for a customer/sales associate scenario.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview and in person interview. It was easy and basic questions. They basically just want to know more about you and see if you are a friendly/talkative person for customers

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you worked with a group and it didn't go as planned, how did you change the situation?   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

It was a very reasonable process. You introduce yourself and say why you want to work for the company and then you have a 1 on 1 interview. The whole process does take about 2 hours or less only because it is possible that you have to wait for your turn to be interviewed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Leesburg, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

After applying online, they sent me a link to schedule an initial phone interview. After you select a time, you must be available for a two hour time slot after that time (ex. you select 2, they will call you any time between 2 and 4). After you pick up, the only question they asked me about was my availability, I told them I would have completely open availability. She seemed pleased by that. The woman looked up the position I was applying for and told me that all sales associate positions in all the departments had been filled since I had applied the last week. It became obvious to me at that point that the woman interviewing me wasn't from the specific store, but from some off-location call center that conducts these initial interviews. So I wasted two hours waiting for their call only to be told that there weren't any jobs left. For a store so well known for their customer service they treat potential employees terribly.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tampa, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online initially, then was contacted for a phone interview. The only thing they asked in the phone interview was what my availability was like. After that I was asked to meet with the department manager in person. First I met with the department manager and then I was asked to meet with the store manager the same day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded your manager's expectations. How did you do this?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the most competitive situation you've had in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • What are some leadership qualities you have?   Answer Question
    • If your coworkers were asked to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

If your application is considered you will be called for a phone "interview" considering your work availability and scheduling an in-person interview. Be sure to check your email consecutively. Don't worry or stress, just dress the part and have fun!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how you worked through it.   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Centennial, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted for a phone screening, the gentleman that screened me was very vague with his questions. I got the impression that he had made a decision not to move forward before even talking to me. In addition to this , he asked the same question over and over , then at the end when he asked me if i had questions, he suddenly had to join another call. Not a good interview at all.

Service Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New Orleans, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and it took 2 days for them to send me an email requesting a phone interview and choose a time that was would most convenient for me. The Phone interview lasted 7 minutes and asked only 4 questions regarding customer service. They offered me a face interview and i was employed.

Finance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online directly through their career site and got an email from a recruiter a week later to set up a phone interview. Fairly basic resume and behavioral questions, she allowed me to ask questions and then we touched on availability and compensation. Pretty relaxed but to the point.

After the phone interview, the recruiter sent an email with next steps which involved completing 3 assessments for financial math, excel, and 10-key. I took the assessments immediately and scored pretty well. 100% on 10-key and ~ 95% on the 2 others. I also was asked to send in a writing sample with the prompt being one of the interview questions. Don't take this opportunity for granted and polish up what you originally said on the phone.

A few days later I was contacted to conduct on on-site interview at the HQ. I asked my recruiter how I should prepare and she pretty much said that Nordstrom's interviews are behavioral based. I interviewed with the department manager. A dept lead was asked to join but was caught up in another meeting and only caught the last 10 mins. She was very nice and most importantly made the conversation very comfortable. She pulled out a list of interview questions and pretty much stuck to that script. Again, they were pretty basic behavioral questions (it was an entry level role), nothing too far fetched.

I thought I aced the interview since the conversation seemed very natural and free flowing, the manager even introduced me to one of the employees to give me a glimpse of the day to day. I left the interview very confident.

I didn't hear back after a week and a few days and emailed my recruiter for an update. Unfortunately I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your best customer service experience and why it was so special   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to push back   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were tasked to complete a project and while you were completing it, had to change direction. What did you do to handle that?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle confrontation   Answer Question
    • How would your peers describe you? 3 adjectives to describe yourself (and not your work ethic)   Answer Question
    • What are you strengths? Weaknesses?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. About a week or so later I received an email from a recruiter to set up a 30-minute phone interview with said recruiter. It was a straightforward phone screen and pretty much another version of the application questions concerning # of years experience with a set of skills. I was also asked some pretty general questions about work culture and so on (ex. what is your ideal work environment?)

The interviewer was nice and seemed more human than most recruiters I've talked to, although it was very clear there was a list of questions that she was checking off to relay to the hiring manager.

I was told that the hiring manager would then review the information. Weeks later, I saw the job re-posted despite never hearing back from Nordstrom. In that time of waiting I had another another cool company get me through their interview process pretty efficiently and eventually got a job offer. I would have liked to talk to the hiring manager at Nordstrom. Oh well.