Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,940 Interview Reviews

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Norfolk, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

Very standard interview, behavioral questions mostly. Met with HR manager and manager of department. Phoned within the week to offer position. Training within the next month and then start on the floor as a commissioned sales associate

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict you handled in the workplace   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received email to schedule phone interview. Then had to meet with HR in store. Then had to meet with department manager. They asked "Why" and what skills do I possess?

Seasonal Fulfillment Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cedar Rapids, IA) in September 2017.

Interview

I sent in an application and they immediately responded to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview i went to the center to check out the facilities, where I had an in person interview. They tested me on my ability to check numbers, and afterwards I submitted to a drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me: "what does safety mean to you?"   Answer Question
    • They asked me about a time previously where customer service was important.   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Montclair, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First contact is a Nordstrom recruiter, 2nd contact us an actual interview with the cosmetic dept manager, 3rd interview is with the cosmetic line and also includes a makeup demo.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom   1 Answer

Print Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

They emailed me first to schedule a 30 minute phone call interview. Once that was set up then you wait until the day of the call and you will be chatting with a recruiter from Nordstrom

Interview Questions

• What programs do you use on a daily basis?   1 Answer
    • How do you stay organized   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then unorganized, in-person interview. It took them two weeks to make a decision and there was a lack of communication and I was told the wrong interview time by the recruiter for Nordstrom, so I was late.

Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

went very well, I enjoyed the interview as I ended up interviewing with two different women while there unexpectedly but both really liked me and I got a call back the very next day unfortunately the pay was not where I need it to be so I had to decline their offer.

Interview Questions

• what makes you right for this company   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview, then an in person interview with the manager of the department I applied to. Everyone was super nice! The training was extensive which was super nice since all the new hires were prepared their first day.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

When first applying you go through online and take a very long personality quiz but once you are in the company almost everything is word of mouth and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Name one way you've gone above and beyond for a client   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ).

Interview

Had phone interview first. Very basic scripted questions and then got scheduled for in person interview. Was interviewed by HR and department manager. They were mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working in a competitive environment.   Answer Question