Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,690 Interview Reviews

2.5

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

The process takes a few months. There's a phone interview , FaceTime interview, and an activity. There was about a two week time frame between each interview. And I expect it to Be a other few weeks until they narrow everything down.

Interview Questions

• What does visual merchandising mean to you?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview went nice and easy! I wish I was giving more time with the correct manager based on my experience but other managers asked some great questions as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation involving a customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

multi tasking test. Online timed Multi-Tasking test. Wasted valuable time attempting to input 12 digit account number,learned to write the number then input the number. Read emails, will help with tasks.

Interview Questions

• Focus on customer service.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in February 2017.

Interview

Very quick to respond compared to some companies; tough interview, I realized I am not yet qualified for this job so I did not make it to the in person interview. Awesome internship program though! I plan to try again after I get a little more experience.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

It was very very short and sweet, she asked a lot of questions about customer service and sales. I swore I had the job. The interview was easy and I wasn't nervous at all, just excited to potentially work for such an amazing company.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict with a customer, and what was the resolve?   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at the end of January and received an email two day later asking to come in for an interview. The next day I got a call from HR also asking me to come in for an interview and she gave me two different dates to choose from. They said allow up to 2 hours for the interview but it only took about an hour. I arrived and first met with the HR lady who laid out the format for the interview. Next was a panel interview with two department managers and HR. That lasted 10-15 min with each of them asking me questions, mostly based on selling personality and fashion trends. After that, there was a selling simulation (got to pick the department) and had to sell to the dept. managers who did the panel interview. Next, I got to sit down with the store manager and they asked questions about what I wanted for the future and my career goals. Lastly, I went to meet with the head of HR who basically just asked the same questions that the other people had and laid out the pay structure for me.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to date with fashion trends?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a customer who has unreasonably high expectations?   Answer Question

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Middletown, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email asking for a setup time for an interview. Three dates available to select to interview with multiple times. Interviewed one time in person, panel setting with multiple HR members asking questions. They called 3 weeks later to offer me the position

Interview Questions

• Name a time you have failed recently, and what you did to overcome it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Portland, OR) in February 2017.

Interview

This was an initial phone interview. It was only about 5 minutes long. They asked me to describe a difficult customer service problem I had encountered in the past and tell how I handled it. They also wanted to know how I felt about competition in the workplace.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom?   1 Answer

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA) in February 2017.

Interview

Did application online, had phone interview then was scheduled for an interview in the store with about 30 other people at Phipps Plaza. Personally felt like the management and HR people were very "coonish" and put on this fake attitude and vision about the company but you can so clearly tell they're lies. I interviewed with two of the department managers. I thought it went well however once I thought about it I didn't really fit the coonish atmosphere that was being pushed. They only hire people who are 21 or older and have college degrees. Was a completely commissioned base job which basically means, your paychecks will vary a lot. I don't see how you would really make any money at this job except durning the holidays. High turnover rate. They said they would get back to me in a week but never did. Very unprofessional.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

ask all the basic interview questions. They really want to know that you are fashionable and professional. They are very big on customer service. talk about how you would like to implement that feature in the work-field. You don't need college but its a plus. the interview is one on one, unless they are training an assistant. They have to stick to a basic interview question list so just look up the list and you will be good to go.

Interview Questions

• what was the biggest thing you have overcome?   1 Answer