Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017
2,898 Interview Reviews

2.5

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

A quick phone call screening about availability. Talked to the manager about position, my interest and my availability. Didn't think there were any difficult questions. Just be personable and honest about what times you will be able to commit to

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Florida, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (South Florida, FL).

Interview

Got an email from HR and scheduled a phone call. They didn't ask much, basically my work availability. Went for an interview next day. HR person interviewed me first, about 30 minutes, asking questions about why nordstrom and what do I hi knit takes to be a successful salesperson. Right after, talked to a department manager. Questions were similar to the ones asked by HR. Got a call back same afternoon offering me the position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied online and a week later someone reached out for a phone interview. We set up an interview then to meet in person, was about two weeks later. Basic behavioral interview and then met with a department manager. Also they made me sell the pen to them to see my sales techniques. Toured the department and went over day to day activities. Heard back within two weeks from assistant manager that they offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral interview questions and some sales techniques   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Happy Valley, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Happy Valley, OR) in July 2017.

Interview

They had me schedule a phone interview using an online app and then when they called all they asked was "What is your availability?" I was then called in for an in person interview that afternoon (my other option was to wait an entire month). At the interview I was told I would recieve a call about a job and I did.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom?   1 Answer
    • Think of your favorite product and tell me why you love it.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

phone interview, followed by group in person interview, followed by one on one interview with department manager, then interviewed over the phone with overall designer team manager, then offered a position within selected department

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Brief 5 minute phone interview, didn't allow me to proceed with the remainder of the hiring process because I was told that the position I applied for has already been filled.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online.
    Received email shortly after to set up phone interview.
    Phone interview was brief, I was asked a few questions and then invited for a in person interview .
    My in person interview was scheduled for the following week.
    Went in, interview lasted about 15-20 mins, I was asked basic interview questions.
    After the interview she asked if I had any questions I asked one, she said I could expect a follow up within a few days. Received phone call two days later letting me know she had chosen another candidate with more experience. The overall process was okay and easy. The only thing I found comical was the reason I wasn't chosen, I had well over enough retail experience for the position. I would of her rather just said she chose another candidate and left it at that, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Anyways, I at least appreciate the call.

Service Experience Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview after applying online. I picked the next day, The lady was so nice so it made it super easy thank god.She asked me 4 pretty easy questions about retail sales and stuff like that. Then she set up a interview at the the store with the manager there for 2 days later. She sent me an email i was to fill out right away and that's about it. i haven't went to the next interview yet so wish me luck. i will update u later

Interview Questions

• a situation when you had to multi task how did you do it when it was busy in store?   Answer Question
    • what is my availability with days or hours and all   1 Answer

Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief discussion with a corporate recruiter. She then told me that I would be scheduled for an in-store interview. The in-store interview lasted 60 minutes which was full of the typical questions that are asked of a potential manager:

Overall, it was an easy flow of conversation.

Interview Questions

• 1. How have you made business happen in your last position?
      2. How do you deal with clients with high expectations?
      3. How do you feel about calling clients, etc.?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

About a 2 week process. Interviewed with 2 departments before I got a call days later that I did not get the job. I wanted TBD but coming home from school the only open department was men's formal.