Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,647 Interview Reviews

2.5

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line and received an email to schedule a phone call interview. They do have a 3hr window from the time that you schedule. Questions sounded very general and standard for every candidate. At the end of the interview they let me know that they would not be proceeding with me and it was over.
    The lady on the phone was nice but it does seem like this is what they do all day and their answers are very standard.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I heard from them right away, they told me they would consider me if I could be more flexible with my schedule. I was and was scheduled for an interview right away.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

turned application in next day got an email to set up phone interview. set date, their window is a 2hrs window from picked hrs( so if you pick 3pm-which is the latest option- they can call you anytime between 3-5pm) got the call, basic questions.(read below) they said within 3 business day they will send email w decision no matter what( accepted or declined) but never got the email.... which is quite unprofessional from their part, if you promise something then keep your word... overall experience w them is "meh" category, as the girl who interviewed me was clearly bored and was reading the questions like a robot.... wonder how she got her job w an attitude like that... anyway thats nordstrom's problem....

Interview Questions

• Why nordstrom? are you flexible with scheduling as you need to work on weekends nightshift and holidays as well, are you ok w a commission based job. describe one difficult situation w a customer from your earlier job and how u solved the issue. can you name an occasion when you couldn't do sg-work related of course- do you have issues working in team....   Answer Question

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

You do an online application and there is a questionnaire in it then you get an email promptly after.
    The email tells you to schedule a phone interview phone interview was about 15 minutes telling you a little bit about the job and seeing if you are still interested and then they ask you questions that you have little time to think about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a time you made an decision with very little information or direction   Answer Question

Commissioned Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

They schedule you for a phone interview that's anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes long. They are flexible in letting you pick a date and time slot that works best for you. They also allow you to reschedule up to 24 hours in advance if needed. Someone will call you between the two hour allotted time slot.

Interview Questions

• Can you work a flexible schedule including holidays and weekends?   1 Answer
    • Why would you like to work for Nordstroms?   1 Answer

Makeup Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application online, phone interview a few days later, in-person interview the next week with the makeup department manager. It seemed like she didn't care about what I had to say and cut me off without letting me finish my sentence. The interview didn't last very long at all. They also interviewed over a month before the start date, they told me I would hear back either way. I tried to follow up two times but never got a response.

Cosmetics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Completed application online and received an e-mail invitation to interview by phone 2-3 days later. The phone interview lasted all of 5-minutes. I originally applied to work for the Bobbi Brown counter, but was informed that I'd be considered for all the open positions. I interviewed in person the next week but did not receive an offer.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straight forward interview on why I chose Nordstrom, and if I had any retail experience. The interview is focused on how I can better a customer's experience shopping, as well as how I can thrive in the competitive commission-based environment such as sales tactics and mindset.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Contacted me a month or so after applying, asked for a phone interview. On the phone, all they asked was my availability, and then scheduled a time for me to come in. Interviewed with two different departments, both had the same sheet of interview questions.

Maintenance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied through nordstrom.com. I had an initial call to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was easy. Everyone i spoke to during the entire process was very nice and very human. I would say Just do your homework about nordstrom and their policies and business model before your phone interview and use some of that information in answering the: "why do to you want to work here question ". I was asked for a face to face interview that I didn't show up for because I got a a very high paying contract job. I called HR and the person that was to interview me and explained and thanked them.

3 months later , the regional maintenence rep for nordstrom called me and asked if I was still interested. We talked on the phone 2 times, it was all very casual and easy. He offered me the job on the phone and as my contract job was ending I accepted the offer.

I even started a week later than they wanted me to so I could finish up my current job. The entire experience was really human and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me the maximum rate for my position, no negotiations took place for me. however, I believe it would be smart to be aware of the pay scale for your position and if you feel you deserve more than they offer you point that out by addressing your skill-set.