Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 23, 2017
2,944 Interview Reviews

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Lynnwood, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

applied online, the next day received an email to schedule a phone interview. i scheduled one for the following week. the interviewer asked me basic questions like why i wanted to work there and what my availability was. she said that she wanted to hear more from me so they would send me an email to fill out another application and then go into the store for an in person interview. i went into the in person interview the following week because i was out of town that week and i was interviewed by the department manager. she was very friendly and she asked me questions about my past experience, my availability, and then she walked me through the store had me do a sales drill. this was on tuesday and she said she'd call by today (friday!) overall a positive experience whether i get the job or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, it was very quick and to the point. The interviewer seemed friendly and took time after each question to record my answer, but otherwise the interview was pretty fast. Was asked to come to an in-person interview the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a conflict with a customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter cold emailed me via LinkedIn. They were not friendly at all. Instead of the typical greeting and company overview he literally opened up with, "okay do you have experience with X?...." and then proceeded to go through a checklist of like 30 skills / technology. Only after he was done did I have a chance to say "ummm...what is the role we're talking about?" He didn't really even know at that moment. He emailed me a job req the next day that sounded totally off base. I agreed to at least speak with the Hiring Mgr because it'd be good practice. I spoke with Hiring Mgr and the more Sr Dev (also a SD 2) on the team. The conversation we had on phone was very different than role as described in Job description. I spoke with them on the phone for approx 45min. Generic Python and AWS questions from the Dev. And generic "what do you want to do?" questions from the HM. At the end of the call the HM said they wanted to move forward and a recruiter would be in touch. The original recruiter then emailed me and "handed me off" to another recruiter. I never got any contact info for the new recruiter other than email address. They never so much as mailed to say "hi" before I had come on site. The first time I heard from this second recruiter was the afternoon after I had interviewed, they called to try and get my current / target salary out of me. When they called it was always on a blocked number. They never would even give me their number, so phone tag was a blast. I went on site and interviewed with 5 people, HM, same dev as before, two managers from sister teams, and the Director of the team. Interviews were mostly technical focused on AWS and Python. HM and Director were more behavioral focused. I received offer the next day. Took a few days to try to negotiate with HR, but no avail. They remained under the number I requested. And they wouldn't budge from that #. So no luck.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in August 2017.

Interview

applied online and within a few days got an email to schedule a phone interview. a week later had the phone interview. was just some basic questions, you speak to someone from HR. they said they liked me so was scheduled for an in person interview with the department manager and assistant manager a week later. they asked more basic questions, then at the end had me do a styling exercise. it was basic, i just had to pick out some different outfits for a wedding and describe why i picked them. i also mentioned how i would style makeup/hair and accessorized which i think they really liked. 2 days after my interview i got a call offering me the job

Interview Questions

• what happened in one scenario where you had to sell something and it was hard to sell or you weren't selling many of them   1 Answer

Last Chance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Once you apply and they want to consider you you will have to do a phone interview after that it will get reviewed and then if you get accepted you will go in the store and interview with a manager that is hiring if you qualify you will interview with a second manager. If they like you they will call you within a week

Interview Questions

• What was a time you were a team player?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. Nice person on the other end all good. Nordstrom keeps it classy.

Didn't get it (I think?) because I mentioned an occasional Sunday volunteer commitment? My guess is they prefer totally open availability in retail?

Assistant Ebar Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from HR to do a phone interview. Then if they like you you will get a call from the manager of the ebar for an interview. After that you will have a phone interview with the regional manager. If they like you they will call you within 3 days and make you an offer.

Sales Associate for La Mer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

The process was comfortable setting. I felt at ease talking with the counter manager and answering my responses and experience for this position. She gave me a tour around the cosmetic department where I met the lead sales manager for La Mer.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a negative employee and how did I handle the situation?   Answer Question

Service Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chandler, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email for a phone interview. The phone interviewers have a 2 hour window to call you which is really odd. After the phone interview, I received an email for an in person interview. The email only stated to meet outside the elevators on the 2nd floor. It did not give a name of a specific person which was odd. So, the interview turned out to be a group interview with two other people. This was weird and seemed lazy on Nordstrom's part and you guys wonder why Amazon is taking over. I can guarantee they don't do group interview with other potential candidates in one room.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone interview with a few quick questions about availability and why Nordstrom. Then if that goes well you move on to in store interview. Mine was a group interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had an upset customer and how did you handle situation.   1 Answer