Nordstrom Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,690 Interview Reviews

2.5

Service Experience Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I had a phone interview because I was moving from another state and the interview was about 30 minutes long. I was given a date and time and the interviewer called me to the minute of the time I was given.

Interview Questions

• I was asked almost everything you can think of about customer service including situational scenarios and how I would handle them.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Overland Park, KS).

Interview

Extremely simple. Less than 30 minutes to speak with the HR person and a job was offered. She went through basic questions and then reviewed all of my previous experience while working with other retail companies.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I applied through their online application, i got a call a few days later and talked to the manager of HR and she set up an interview with my department manager. My department manager asked some basic questions, mostly related to my schedule and availability. I was applying for the kids wear department. I didnt hear back for him for about a week so I gave him a call and he ended up giving me the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability   Answer Question
    • How would you familiarize yourself with the floor and our product   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time where you exceeded a managers expectations   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply for this department   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA).

Interview

You apply, they call if interested, try to match scheduling with your availability and if it works, your asked to go in for an interview with two managers.

I applied for logistics, but they ended up matching me up with another position that matched my availability better (cashiering) and it worked out better than I had expected. I found it strange that they swapped me out with another position, but it was definitely for the better because Logistics does require overnight .

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to deal with a tough situation   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

got the mail for video interview. Finished it up in 18-20 minutes. Don't rely on practice questions. It was a tough interview. Didn't found any sample questions online even on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• where did you use data and analytics?
      How did data and analytics helped you in achieving a goal
      Answer Question
    • why Nordstrom ecommerce company?   Answer Question
    • describe ideal online shopping experience   Answer Question

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about 2weeks later I got an email from HR to choose a certain date and time for a phone interview. I choose the first available time and she called. At the end of the phone interview, she invited me to do an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have retail experience?
      Why do you want to be a visual merchandiser?
      What experience do you have that related to visual merchandising?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. A few days later, I got an email to set up a phone interview. They ask that you set aside two hours, because they could call you any time in that two hours.

The first questioned I was asked was why I wanted to work at Nordstrom. Then I was asked about my availability. They do have specific times they are looking for, so I ended up not being a good fit for them based on my current availability.

Digital Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview has been done by recoding a virtual video. The questions were general not concerning with technical questions. The whole process went on smoothly and successfully. The company said they would contact me soon but I still hear nothing from them.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal online shopping. What did you do with data analytics methods and tools.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line and received an email to schedule a phone call interview. They do have a 3hr window from the time that you schedule. Questions sounded very general and standard for every candidate. At the end of the interview they let me know that they would not be proceeding with me and it was over.
    The lady on the phone was nice but it does seem like this is what they do all day and their answers are very standard.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I heard from them right away, they told me they would consider me if I could be more flexible with my schedule. I was and was scheduled for an interview right away.