Nordstrom Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 23, 2017

2.6

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Arcadia, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Filled out the application online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. Interviewer only asked one question which was "What is your availability?" Gave my availability and was told that the interview could not go on any longer as they needed FULL availability. Very disappointed as this could have been avoided if the interviewer had looked at my application before emailing me letting me know I had a phone interview.

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

In person interview, got interviewed at the same time with 4 other people, but we all were in separate rooms. I got called by the Men's department manager to have an interview with him and his team. Very easy hiring process, helped because I am already an employee at Nordstrom Rack so I was able to demonstrate examples of being a team player, excellent customer service, leadership skills that they look for.

Interview Questions

• Which departments do you prefer to work in.
      Where do I see myself in 2 years.
      Describe a time you worked in a team to achieve a goal.
      Describe a time you provided excellent customer service.
      How do you motivate yourself to achieve goals.

Mock-sell part: takes you to the salesfloor and made me pick something I was comfortable with and sell it to him. Asks you if the person you were trying to sell it to had doubts about buying the item, what doubts they would be and how would you approach if he had doubts. How do you close the deal?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Mission Viejo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview was a quick 30 min with half questions and the other half with simulations on the sale floor. Had to answer 4-5 questions on basic customer service and had to go on the floor and they asked me to get an outfit and try to sell if to them. they showed me around the department before so i knew where everything was.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time in your life you had to be the most competitive   1 Answer

Lead Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, you apply online. If they like your application/resume, you will be phoned. The phone interview is first. Then if chosen, an in-person interview is scheduled. If they decided to go further with employment, they will call you and offer you the job. If declined, they will also call you to let you know. An email is also sent out with your offer/declination.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

i have a applied twice. the first time i was declined offer after the phone interview. the second time i applied online then scheduled a phone call. (took about a week) i was then offered a in person meeting that i later declined because of another job offer. the second interview was way quicker/easier, probably because it was for a seasonal position

Interview Questions

• describe a time you handled a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Retail Sales Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Seemed to be a standard interview process. After applying I received an email telling me to set up an appointment for a phone interview (3 hour window, sort of annoying). It was a simple interview with a few questions. This was followed by an in store interview with an assistant store manager.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

turned application in next day got an email to set up phone interview. set date, their window is a 2hrs window from picked hrs( so if you pick 3pm-which is the latest option- they can call you anytime between 3-5pm) got the call, basic questions.(read below) they said within 3 business day they will send email w decision no matter what( accepted or declined) but never got the email.... which is quite unprofessional from their part, if you promise something then keep your word... overall experience w them is "meh" category, as the girl who interviewed me was clearly bored and was reading the questions like a robot.... wonder how she got her job w an attitude like that... anyway thats nordstrom's problem....

Interview Questions

• Why nordstrom? are you flexible with scheduling as you need to work on weekends nightshift and holidays as well, are you ok w a commission based job. describe one difficult situation w a customer from your earlier job and how u solved the issue. can you name an occasion when you couldn't do sg-work related of course- do you have issues working in team....   Answer Question

Financial Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Santa Ana, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

You do an online application and there is a questionnaire in it then you get an email promptly after.
    The email tells you to schedule a phone interview phone interview was about 15 minutes telling you a little bit about the job and seeing if you are still interested and then they ask you questions that you have little time to think about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a time you made an decision with very little information or direction   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Overall I found the interview very friendly, but they certainly put you on the spot with tricky questions. They asked many detailed hypothetical questions. They also asked questions about prior experience, and how you handle specific situations.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Long Beach, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Great and comfortable. I think the interviewer was very nice and down to earth. It was just like talking to a regular person who wants to get to know you first. The interview went very well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom's?   1 Answer