Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

Updated Jul 11, 2017

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.3
HardAverageEasy
Found 19 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

My hiring process was backwards. I got a phone call for in person interview before my phone interview. But if at anytime they run a background check you have the job. They don't waste money.

Interview Questions
  • All situational things. Easy to create a awesome story. Use your imagination if you can't recall a incident. ( Name a time when you had to follow policy even if it was against your best interest.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA) in Sep 2016

Interview

Quick and easy. Be yourself and outgoing and you will get a job. Don't look too nervous and be very excited about the job. Maybe research the company to give you a better idea. They like when people are familiar with the comany.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience with Loss prevention?
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2016

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks from application to offer (which I had to follow up on with the manager). First a telephone interview which was really a call to book the face to face. The interview itself went well, I saw 4 different managers including the store manager. It was slightly disorganised but went well with all those I spoke to. I was offered a position which incidentally was retracted because I asked for time off for my wedding. I provided 6 months notice for even one week to get married! (not even a regular vacation) which I was told could not be accommodated. Without any discussion they pulled the offer. Very unreasonable behaviour and decision from the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview and they call within a 2 hour time frame, which I find pretty unprofessional since you are just sitting by the phone waiting for their call. Once I told them my availability, they said that they were looking for someone with more availability. I put my availability on the application which apparently they didn't even read before calling me. Wasted a lot of my time and I was just appalled by the entire experience.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in Aug 2015

Interview

5 stages 1 call 1 Skype type of interview where you are asked questions and you just answer 1 store manager and one loss prevention manager not in that order

Interview Questions
    Nordstrom
    Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL
    Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boca Raton, FL)

Interview

Interview process involves a quick phone interview. If the phone interview goes well a live interview will follow. The question are all the same, they are a printed set of question management must ask everyone.

Interview Questions
    Nordstrom
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015

Interview

Pretty Long, Three Separate Interviews, Asked For A Phone Interview, Then A Meeting Then Another Phone Interview, Takes Almost A Week In Between Each Interview. As The Interview Process Goes You Meet With Higher Up In The Chain Of Command.

Interview Questions
    Nordstrom
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015

Interview

I went in for an interview. The requirements were an associates in criminal justice or other degree involving law enforcement and 4 years of retail experience. I met all the credentials, which is why I was asked for an interview in the first place. When I got there, the guy commented on my degree and said I wouldn't get along with the other lp people because they have "more like phycology degrees" and not criminal justice degrees. They are more interested in about why people commit crime unlike me and my degree "who are more interested in punishing people for crime". Didn't ask me any questions, that was the only interaction. Then he offered me a position in customer service. Saying it was like loss prevention in its own way and I looked more the part of it (blonde, 5'1''). Horrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • You're degree is what we asked for but is not good enough.
    Anonymous Employee in United States
    Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Filled out an app online and they sent me an email setting up a time for a phone interview. Set it up and they called within the time period they said. Phone interview went well and they called me a week later to set up an in person interview. That interview went well also.

Interview Questions
    Nordstrom
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO) in Apr 2014

Interview

I was contacted within a day or two of submitting my initial application for this company. They called me two days after my application submission, and set up a formal in person interview. The manager was on time to my interview and the interview itself lasted about 20-30 minutes. After the interview, I then was contacted by human resources to come back for a second interview to meet with human resources three days later. I was asked the same basic questions in both interviews. After the second interview, I was then contacted two days after and offered the full time Loss Prevention Service Ambassador position. I started working the following Tuesday, which is the day they have their new hire employee orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Has there ever been a time where you witnessed a fellow employee find money on the ground and kept it for themselves rather than turning it in to lost and found or human resource? If so, please explain how you would approach the employee and ask them about the money.
    Viewing 1 - 10 of 19