Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

First, was asked to select a date and time for an initial phone screen that consisted of basic questions about my experience and availability. Next, I was contacted for an in person interview that consisted of questions related to customer service and using good judgment. After successful completion of the in person interview, a week later I had a phone interview with a regional trainer. A week later, I was offered the job!

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to resolve a customer issue using good judgment. What did you do, and what was the outcome?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview. The requirements were an associates in criminal justice or other degree involving law enforcement and 4 years of retail experience. I met all the credentials, which is why I was asked for an interview in the first place. When I got there, the guy commented on my degree and said I wouldn't get along with the other lp people because they have "more like phycology degrees" and not criminal justice degrees. They are more interested in about why people commit crime unlike me and my degree "who are more interested in punishing people for crime". Didn't ask me any questions, that was the only interaction. Then he offered me a position in customer service. Saying it was like loss prevention in its own way and I looked more the part of it (blonde, 5'1''). Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• You're degree is what we asked for but is not good enough.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy. Be yourself and outgoing and you will get a job. Don't look too nervous and be very excited about the job. Maybe research the company to give you a better idea. They like when people are familiar with the comany.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with Loss prevention?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was called to schedule a phone interview days later. Had the phone interview which was short. Simple "getting to know you" questions and brief description of the job/pay etc. Was called a few days later to schedule an in person interview. In person interview is kind of like the phone interview, but with scenarios and personality questions. Was called maybe a week and half later by Regional and had a short phone interview. After about another week and half, was called again with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic personality or common interview questions. Also a series of questions about legalities and scenarios, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked what I made at current job, was offered a rate. I was told from the start the pay was between XX amount and XX amount.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews; first with the Loss Prevention Manager at the store level, then with a Regional Loss Prevention trainer. The interviews consisted of several questions regarding past work experiences and how you may react to certain situations. It is pretty in depth and you've got to think on your feet. After that, I had a face-to-face with the Manager. After a background check and the Manager speaking to my references, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of questions about handling certain shoplift and emergency situations. Having never worked loss prevention, knowing if I was answering correctly was difficult. I just had to use common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what salary I thought I should get. I answered 13/hr based off of Glassdoor reviews. I was started at 12.75 (if I remember correctly). I had no experience so, it made sense.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring went father quickly, after speaking to the LPM for a phone interview. I then went in for a formal interview with LPM and investigator which was followed up with a offer the next day. From application to employment was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• All average questions, i also had a few years experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a day or two of submitting my initial application for this company. They called me two days after my application submission, and set up a formal in person interview. The manager was on time to my interview and the interview itself lasted about 20-30 minutes. After the interview, I then was contacted by human resources to come back for a second interview to meet with human resources three days later. I was asked the same basic questions in both interviews. After the second interview, I was then contacted two days after and offered the full time Loss Prevention Service Ambassador position. I started working the following Tuesday, which is the day they have their new hire employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you witnessed a fellow employee find money on the ground and kept it for themselves rather than turning it in to lost and found or human resource? If so, please explain how you would approach the employee and ask them about the money.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Natick, MA) in April 2009.

Interview

I talked with the Manager and her boss and that was about it. I had no LP training and I did not think I would get the job but I gave it my best and I got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I could not negotiate I needed a job I had no training in LP they gave me a number I said yes.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Miami, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with the regional Loss Prevention manager, but since I don't have LP experience they decided I would be better in Customer Service/Communications so I interviewed with that manager. It was easy and pleasant and for the first time I didn't feel nervous during an interview. A couple days later they called and I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation in which you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told a completely different rate of pay than the one I started at. It was still pretty good so I didn't feel the need to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was very short about 30 mins. Typical LP questions very pre written, not very much about background just more what would you do. Interviewer does a lot of writing when you are talking. Then you have to do a scenario based computer test.