Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Loss Prevention Agent Interview Questions

Updated Nov 30, 2016

2.4

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview and they call within a 2 hour time frame, which I find pretty unprofessional since you are just sitting by the phone waiting for their call. Once I told them my availability, they said that they were looking for someone with more availability. I put my availability on the application which apparently they didn't even read before calling me. Wasted a lot of my time and I was just appalled by the entire experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I was recommended by another LP manager for the opening position. First I had a phone interview then I went for the interview. They basically just walked me around the store and talked about the position. About two days later I was offered the job position and starting pay was about 14 an hour as I did not have any experience. Overall experience was good but there are some irritating aspects of the job and management.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

Interview process involves a quick phone interview. If the phone interview goes well a live interview will follow. The question are all the same, they are a printed set of question management must ask everyone.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Charlotte, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty Long, Three Separate Interviews, Asked For A Phone Interview, Then A Meeting Then Another Phone Interview, Takes Almost A Week In Between Each Interview. As The Interview Process Goes You Meet With Higher Up In The Chain Of Command.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Oak Brook, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I went in for an interview. The requirements were an associates in criminal justice or other degree involving law enforcement and 4 years of retail experience. I met all the credentials, which is why I was asked for an interview in the first place. When I got there, the guy commented on my degree and said I wouldn't get along with the other lp people because they have "more like phycology degrees" and not criminal justice degrees. They are more interested in about why people commit crime unlike me and my degree "who are more interested in punishing people for crime". Didn't ask me any questions, that was the only interaction. Then he offered me a position in customer service. Saying it was like loss prevention in its own way and I looked more the part of it (blonde, 5'1''). Horrible experience.

Interview Questions

• You're degree is what we asked for but is not good enough.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

I was contacted within a day or two of submitting my initial application for this company. They called me two days after my application submission, and set up a formal in person interview. The manager was on time to my interview and the interview itself lasted about 20-30 minutes. After the interview, I then was contacted by human resources to come back for a second interview to meet with human resources three days later. I was asked the same basic questions in both interviews. After the second interview, I was then contacted two days after and offered the full time Loss Prevention Service Ambassador position. I started working the following Tuesday, which is the day they have their new hire employee orientation.

Interview Questions

• Has there ever been a time where you witnessed a fellow employee find money on the ground and kept it for themselves rather than turning it in to lost and found or human resource? If so, please explain how you would approach the employee and ask them about the money.   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I had a series of phone interviews; first with the Loss Prevention Manager at the store level, then with a Regional Loss Prevention trainer. The interviews consisted of several questions regarding past work experiences and how you may react to certain situations. It is pretty in depth and you've got to think on your feet. After that, I had a face-to-face with the Manager. After a background check and the Manager speaking to my references, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a series of questions about handling certain shoplift and emergency situations. Having never worked loss prevention, knowing if I was answering correctly was difficult. I just had to use common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked what salary I thought I should get. I answered 13/hr based off of Glassdoor reviews. I was started at 12.75 (if I remember correctly). I had no experience so, it made sense.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in October 2013.

Interview

Hiring went father quickly, after speaking to the LPM for a phone interview. I then went in for a formal interview with LPM and investigator which was followed up with a offer the next day. From application to employment was about two weeks.

Interview Questions

• All average questions, i also had a few years experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freehold, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Freehold, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview first with the Loss Prevention Manager, then a phone interview with the Regional Loss Prevention Trainer. If you're interviewing to change location, you might interview with the Store Manager as well. The LPM interview was very relaxed, low-key 1 on 1 interview. The phone interview with the RLPT is a bit more intense, as they're digging into your decision-making process.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all behavioral based. They're looking for calm, cool individuals, not bossy, bully types.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Was called to schedule a phone interview days later. Had the phone interview which was short. Simple "getting to know you" questions and brief description of the job/pay etc. Was called a few days later to schedule an in person interview. In person interview is kind of like the phone interview, but with scenarios and personality questions. Was called maybe a week and half later by Regional and had a short phone interview. After about another week and half, was called again with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Basic personality or common interview questions. Also a series of questions about legalities and scenarios, so be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Asked what I made at current job, was offered a rate. I was told from the start the pay was between XX amount and XX amount.