Nordstrom Makeup Artist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Makeup Artist Interview Questions

2.6

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got a response within 12 hours after applying to schedule a phone interview. Missed the inital call due to bad reception but was offered the opportunity to reschedule. I passed and was offered an in person interview at the store location.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2014.

Interview

Long process, First had a phone interview and then in person with department manager, and then a practical with the brand interview plus face to face with district manager of brand and then a mini interview with the store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (West Palm Beach, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

3 part interview, nice management, very honest with expectations. They obviously can't tell you how stressful the job will actually be and they do not tell you that the beauty department has the most beauty events at least once a month.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working competitive commission?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Edison, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

You speak to the counter manager that you specifically want to work for and then you are supposed to meet the department manager. The interview lacked substance, because I was highly recommended by a Regional. Basically it was an interview to go through protocol. I would have liked to have been challenged, but the department manager did not even meet with me just offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I had initially interviewed at another Nordstrom location, and wasn't offered the position at the counter I applied for there. When a position came available at the location in Palo Alto, I was notified and invited to come interview for it. I was interviewed by the department manager, and he was very amiable. He asked questions such as "what do you like about cosmetics sales?" "what lines are you familiar with?" he also spoke to the degree of customer service that would be expected from me at Nordstrom (if you don't know their customer service is legendary.) It was about 15 minutes in length and very relaxed I felt like I was talking to a friend, not being judged. The next day I was called and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate because the rate of pay I was offered exceeded what I had requested by $2.

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Interview took 2 weeks and 5 times for them to make up their mind. Management all seem to be disconnected . In the cosmetics are there is 4 floor managers , account executive for the brand, counter manager , assistant manager ....all in the same place . At the beginning , I got interviewed by phone,then in person by the sports wear manager , 3rd interview was a make up demo , then the last one was with the account executive of the brand on the phone . All that just to sell make up and just become a selling machine that's only worth as much as the next person . Artistry is not appreciated here .

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Nordstrom   1 Answer

Makeup Artist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in April 2012.

Interview

After I applied I recieved an email within a week saying they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The interview was scheduled for the same week. She asked basic quesions like what my experience was in relation to makeup, explain a difficult situation I have resolved and what I knew about Nordstroms...we talked for about 20 minutes. She said she would call me back if she wanted to schedule an inperson interview. She called me back three days later to schedule the in person interview for the following week. She asked many of the same questions as the over the phone interview and wrote notes of my answers and asked me to verify what she had written was correct. The entire thing lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What is the most rewarding thing about working in sales?   1 Answer