Nordstrom Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.4

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in January 2017.

Interview

received notice on open position. Asked regional manager for their thoughts on my application for the job. Applied on-line. Hirer called my store and paged me over store PA system. Only had over the phone interview. Hirer called me within two business days and job offered me. I was asked to start the very next day. Very quick, decisive and impersonal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Manager Interview

Interview

I was first screened by HR and then shortly called back by the Store Manager. We had a phone interview and the conversation went well and we kept going off topic, which is never a bad thing. I was offered the job 3 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (White Plains, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. They emailed me to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview I was told that they would rather consider me for another position in the same department. Went for an in-person Interview. First part was normal questions and resume review. Second part was role play. They then called me for a temp calling job. After that I was asked to interview under another manager. Had an in-person interview and got hired on the spot, started work the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why Nordstrom?   1 Answer
    • Tell me when you were faced with an obstacle and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
    • How do you feel you would work under the pressure of a commission only based pay?   Answer Question

Managing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Akron, OH) in January 2012.

Interview

Very comfortable, felt relaxed and able to answer questions thoroughly.

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Bethesda, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

One interview with store manager, tell them why you want such position, show them your credentials on how you have performed previously and what you will do to succeed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was too good to pass

Anonymous Employee in Cerritos, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Cerritos, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

everything went well; questions were well thought out

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alta, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Alta, IA) in April 2009.

Interview

I first applied online to the company through their web site which prooved to be fairly a quick and efficient way. I was contacted by email to sign up for an interview coming to my school. I had the one on one interview which lasted about 40 minutes. After, about 2 weeks later i received a second office visit.