Nordstrom Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.4

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

I applied for a sales associate position on the Nordstrom website and after few days I got an e-mail asking me to schedule my phone interview. Times for scheduling the phone interview was very flexible. I got a phone call and they ask questions like, Why Nordstrom? What was a goal that you couldn't achieve and what did you do to achieve that goal? What was the most difficult customer service you had to provide and how did you handle that situation? What is your availability? Interview process was pretty basic and the person interviewing was very nice. Although, I didn't get the position because my availability did not fit with their needs.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult questions, they were pretty basic.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom in March 2010.

Interview

Step 1: Online application - takes awhile and you do a type of personality test during the app
    Step 2: Phone Call follow up - questions availability, flexibility, communication skills
    Step 3: In person interview - Dress up, ask about sales skills, give selling scenarios "sell me this pen" type scenario questions

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    Interview with department manager
    Interviewed with Assistant Manager
    Then interviewed with Department Manager
    Got in a call in about a week
    Accepted Job offer
    Started New Hire Process in a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Phone interview entails verifying your job history and asking why Nordstrom and talking about customer service.
    For the in person interview you have to be passionate about commissioned sales, customer service, and fashion. Initially, you meet with the HR manager or assistant and then the DM if they think you will be a good fit. You will have to walk the sales floor and do a simple tour and sales scenario. This may not be consistent with all managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation because of commission.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in June 2014.

Interview

Received an email from HR stating their was an interview opening for this day at this time and to reply if I would be able to attend. I did and went in, and met with the manager at the specified department and she took me into her back office. We sat and talked about what I'm up to with school and such and how I heard about the position and what I know about Nordstrom as a company. Asked basic questions like what is most important to you for success in retail -- customer service; and what experience you have with commission based selling. Basically want to know if you're competitive and driven by that because it is a dog-eat-dog environment even though they all want you to succeed.

Interview Questions

• In 3 steps how would you develop and maintain customer relationships at Nordstrom?   Answer Question

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Quick and easy! I was nervous before the interview but the interview was extremely laid back and the interviewer was easy going. We went a little off topic but it seemed to ease my nerves. There was basic questions asked, etc.

Interview Questions

• If you weren't meeting your sales goals, what would be your course of action?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Palm Beach Gardens, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

Basically the hiring process was pretty simple. I did the application online, and received a call a couple days later. The interview process was pretty simple, I went into the store and SAT in a room with other potential candidates for different departments of the store. When my manager came in to see me we went to a different room and she basically asked me about my history and the working field and she basically asked me which department I wanted to work in and she basically told me about how things work at Nordstrom and then she took me on a tour of the department, I meant the other associates and then I was offered the job

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Skokie, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

They contact you soon after you apply. During the interview you have the question and answers but after that you are taken to the floor and asked to put together possible scenario outfits for customers. It's a fairly easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Nordstrom? What style do you consider yourself?   Answer Question

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applied online through website. I was contacted through telephone to come in and interview. Interview was 30 minutes and was a normal interview. Afterwards, the manager gave me her card and she told me she would let me know within a few days. I got a phone call a few days later for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in February 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quick. I applied online and received an email regarding setting up a time for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the next day. The interview lasted for about 20 mins because the position I had originally applied for had been filled overnight, so then the interview person looked up different positions at a nearby Nordstrom. After the interview she invited me in for a in-person interview for tomorrow.... We'll see how that goes.

Interview Questions

• What excites, concerns, and motivates you about commission?   Answer Question