Nordstrom Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2018

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Nordstrom

2.4
HardAverageEasy
Found 39 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA)

Interview

The interview was quick and easy. They pretty much just were making sure that I was presentable, comfortable with talking, and had the schedule flexibility needed for a retail position.

Interview Questions
  • Have you taken any leadership roles? How would you sell this piece of clothing? (They had a rack of clothes, and you could choose any one you wanted). What are you skills and weaknesses?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Nashville, TN) in Oct 2016

Interview

Easy behavioral questions. Pretty much told me on the spot that I was hired. Did a mock sale of a handbag to test my people skills. I had to go through a week of training and then was on the floor.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in Sep 2016

Interview

I apply online for the job position I wanted, and then I got an email back saying they would like you schedule a phone interview. On the day of the interview I was nervous but the interviewer was very friendly and nice. At one point I was nervous I forgot the question so i asked her nicely if she could repeat and she was kind enough to repeat it. Afterwards she said she would like me to do an in person interview at Nordstrom.

Interview Questions
  • Why Do you want to work at Nordstrom?
  • How do you feel about commission?
  • What skill does should a salesperson have?
  • Tell me about a time that you encounter a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?
  • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2016

Interview

I had four interviews. I had 2 per day over a period of one week. The first one was like a screening process with my prospective manager, but this was aa mass hiring event so it might not be like this on a normal day. The interview was okay overall. It is worth the experience.

Interview Questions
  • Nordstrom return policy, how do you deal with difficult customers etc.
Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recuiter the next day. We discussed my background, past customer service experience, and set up a time for a phone interview with the HR department at the store I preferred. HR manager called the next day asked me a few questions about my availability and why I wanted to work from Nordstrom, then she invited me for a group hiring orientation.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in Jun 2016

Interview

I got a phone interview and it was from a corporate hiring person and she asked me a few basic questions like name a time I gave excellent customer service and what it means to me to get the job done, then she scheduled me for an in store interview and she said it would be a group one but it was just one on one with the manager from the TopShop, she asked me about teamwork and things like that and a time I was placed under pressure and then we discussed the wages which was $10.75 a hour plus commissioned sales

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Toronto, ON) in Jun 2016

Interview

Telephone Interview. I had applied online for a sales associate position and had received an email scheduling a telephone interview. The telephone interview was quite short, about 5 mins or less.

Interview Questions
  • Very few questions. Quite a quick phone interview however I had provided an in depth resume. Q: What do I know about Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Chicago, IL) in May 2016

Interview

I applied April 13th, received a email saying I met the qualifications on April 16th, scheduled my own phone interview for April 25th. The phone interview was pretty easy, she told me she liked me and that she would schedule me for a in person interview. I made the interview for May 16th, because I was away at school and didn't come home until the 13th went to the interview and she said she would call me Thursday the 19th and she called and said that she would like to welcome me to Nordstroms team! It was a very great experience very easy.

Interview Questions
Nordstrom
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (United States)

Interview

Applied online through website. I was contacted through telephone to come in and interview. Interview was 30 minutes and was a normal interview. Afterwards, the manager gave me her card and she told me she would let me know within a few days. I got a phone call a few days later for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2016

Interview

Interview process was quick. I applied online and received an email regarding setting up a time for a phone interview. I scheduled it for the next day. The interview lasted for about 20 mins because the position I had originally applied for had been filled overnight, so then the interview person looked up different positions at a nearby Nordstrom. After the interview she invited me in for a in-person interview for tomorrow.... We'll see how that goes.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 39