Nordstrom Interview Questions in Paramus, NJ | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Interview Questions in Paramus, NJ

2.4

Guest Service Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Process took a week. I applied online, got an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was basic questions like "tell me about a time when...." then she told me she would like to have an in person interview. When I got there she asked a few questions off a paper about situations at my other jobs and stuff like that. After she finished asking questions she asked me about my availability and told me I needed to meet with the other manager and she would call me. Called me 3 days later offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to take on a leader position and make a decision for a whole group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ).

Interview

After submitting my application online, I receive a phone call a day later and they interviewed. At the end they told me that I'd be meeting with a manager at the store location. The process was quick and I was told fairly quickly that I had gotten the job.

Nordstrom Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

I got a phone interview and it was from a corporate hiring person and she asked me a few basic questions like name a time I gave excellent customer service and what it means to me to get the job done, then she scheduled me for an in store interview and she said it would be a group one but it was just one on one with the manager from the TopShop, she asked me about teamwork and things like that and a time I was placed under pressure and then we discussed the wages which was $10.75 a hour plus commissioned sales

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

video interview where they asked a serious of questions and you recorded your responses. I received an email that they wanted me in for an in person interview. It was a panel interview.

Visual Stylist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The first part is a video interview. The questions are prerecorded and you just record yourself answering them on the website. If your nervous at first, it's okay because they give you practice questions and you can then watch yourself answer those practice questions. Definitely practice before! It helped me feel more comfortable and answer the questions better.

About two days later I got an invent atom for an in person interview. The interview felt more like a conversation than just a Q and A which I really liked. I was in a small room with the visual merchandising manager. She hadn't even had a chance to look at my resume so the interview was definitely a first impression situation for her. She was really nice, happy, and friendly. I worked in a small store where I was able to get some experience doing visual merchandising so I had a decent amount to talk about in regards of what I like and what I thought about visual merchandising. Definitely practice these questions out loud with a friend too. It will help you a lot!!!

I didn't have to style mannequins or anything. We just talked the whole time. I showed her pics of my visual merchandising work. The interview lasted thirty minutes. I got called three business days later for the position. The pay was really good for an internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Which department stores do you like for their visual merchandising? (Except Nordstrom)
      Who is your favorite designer?
      Are you completely available during the summer?
      What does visual merchandising mean to you?
      What part of the visuals draw you in personally when you are in a store?
      Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, completed the assessment on 10/13. On 10/15 I received the emails stating they would like to do a phone interview with me and to schedule a time if interested. I had my phone interview with Hr on 10/19 and she passed me to the second phase where I then had my in store interview on 10/27 as this was the earliest date available. It ended up being a 1 on 1 interview with The department assistant manager which went great and included a store tour and role play and then a 1 on 1 with the department manager. We concluded the interview and a few hours later that evening I got the call with the official offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat hourly pay rate was not negotiable due to it being a seasonal position

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

I completed the full online application as well as online testing, then was notified by email when my phone interview would be completed. As it turns out, the position I was applying for was already filled, however, the phone interviewer was kind enough to finish the interview process (with my approval) and offered to keep my resume & interview results on file.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult customer situation faced   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick, easy chat. Biggest accomplishment / failures. Describe yourself and why you would fit in the department It was a group interview setting but you talked one on one with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you failed   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Paramus, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call within the week. It was a short phone interview and if they like you, they will schedule an in person interview. To be honest, I think they are going to schedule you anyway no matter how you answer the questions. They only do inperson-interviews for certain departments on certain weekdays. My pick was either a Tuesday or Thursday. I picked an interview date 2 weeks out. If you really want this job, just wear head to toe from what you can buy from Nordstroms. So I show up and I met with a department manager. I guess with whoever's department manager you're interviewing with, if they like you, then you'll be under them. The offices are like a college campus, completely not matching the sales floor look. Anyway, she followed an interview manual and asked me 7 easy questions. She hand wrote everyone of my answers. They said they will need 1 week to decide. But I got a phone call 1 day later and got an offer. I think I was the only one they interviewed.

Retail Management Interview

Application

Interview

It starts with an interview through the computer. They ask you questions through a video and then it records your responses. If you make it to the next step in the interview process it is an in person interview. There were 5 managers from different departments, service experience, as well as the store manager who interview you. They then take you on to the selling floor and have you do a mock sale.