Nordstrom Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Part Time Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Diego, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I was sent and email asking to schedule a time for the phone interview. It lasted about 30 seconds. They said they needed full open availability for a part-time position and needed me to be on-call for shifts. Seems very weird for a part-time position, especially for a college student like myself. Definitely not a good fit for me so I'm glad I turned them down.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Roseville, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got an email about a phone screen a few days later. They asked pretty general sales questions like my past experience and situational type questions. Then i was offered an in person interview. Was interviewed with two other girls asked pretty much the same questions from the phone screen. Ultimately the manager said she didn't hire part time people even though the job description said part time?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Aventura, FL).

Interview

You fill out an online application and they'll send you an e-mail telling you to schedule a phone interview. I had to reschedule mine a couple of times due to my work schedule getting in the way. The phone call interview is set in a way so that you have two hour window of opportunity. After I completed the phone interview, I was invited to go in-store to have a 1 on 1 interview with the department manager. I went in and I had to wait a bit. I met with the HR manager and she informed me that the position(Accessories and Handbags) that I applied for was no longer available and that the Lingerie and Hosiery department had an opening. I met with L and H department manager and she conducted my interview. Throughout the interview with her I notice that they were very big on sales and promoting from within. The pay is minimum wage plus the commission of your department. For L and H, it was 9%. The more you sell the heftier your paycheck will be but keep in mind the volume of the location that you're applying for.

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interview with department manager and then your counter manager of the cosmetic line, then your final interview is with he vendor, you more thank likely will do a makeup application demo if the vendor ask you to do one as well, just prepair to know about the cosmetic line you are u terviewing for

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave great customer service   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negoate due to the fact that I had experience with cosmetics and Nordstrom

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom.

Interview

Applications are submitted via their online job portal. You then receive a phone call and will be asked basic questions about scheduling and some behavioral questions. If you move on to the next round, you will meet with the manager or assistant manager of the department for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficulty ethical decision.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom in December 2013.

Interview

Applied online for Cosmetics Sales Associate position. Got a call back the next day for an interview. Met with the cosmetics department manager and it was the most difficult interview ever. I've had interviews at Nordstrom before and was a rehire so I thought I had an idea of what they would ask but I felt as if I was interviewing for a job way more difficult than retail sales. It was over an hour and she asked about 20-30 questions.

Interview Questions

• Pick at product to sell to me. Why did you pick this product? Tell me 3 things about this product. What would you say to a customer who had reservations about this product.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Spoke to a manager about any possible openings. They got my name and number and called me to set up an interview.

Interview Questions

• Being taken down to the sales floor and being told to sell the manager an item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom (Costa Mesa, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. I was first contacted by human resources and had a phone interview which was followed by an interview with the department manager of the department you wished to work in. Once you interview with the department manager there is a good change of getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to overcome a challenging obstacle?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nordstrom (San Jose, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I submited my application online, and I met with an HR rep for the first round interview. I then met with the manager of the department I was to work in for a "Sales test" on how I would sell products she chose to a client. The department manager hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position since you have a college degree?   Answer Question