Nordstrom Rack Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Assistant Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.6

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on the 23rd of Sept and was contacted a week later. I set an interview with the manager assistant. Three days before the interview I called the personally to confirm our interview (this left a great impression). She asked me behavioral based questions. She gave me a small tour of the store. Overall great experience! She was really nice. She told me she was moving me to the next round. I received a call a week later to set up my second and final interview. I met with the department manager. That was more informal. Which was a relief! I could tell she liked me as well. She gave me a full tour of the store. She said they will be in contact. The next day I got an offer. I make 4 dollars more an hour than my previous job!

Interview Questions

• How have you went above and beyond for a customer?
    Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Boulder, CO) in October 2013.

Interview

Subjective and simple, polite and off of a scripted corporate form.
    They rarely look at previous experience, which can be good if you are just starting out.
    If you have experience expect to start from the bottom and work your way up.
    If you want to move into management don't start at the Rack because you will need to work at Nordstrom full line in order to move up.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of your best customer service success   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Valencia, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online, had a phone interview to set up in person interview. Had a great interview but got called back to be offered a service associate person. I was way over qualified for that position so I turned them down.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult task and how did you overvome it.   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in May 2014.

Interview

The interview process is simple if you have not been a manager before, because you can't answer half the questions because they are all about numbers. Be prepared though to plead your case as to why they should hire you. Give examples of you strong ability to build customer relationships, how you lead the team in your current position ( which should be sales lead).

If you have been a manager before you will need to know your business top sellers, volume commitments, etc. Bring facts to the interview not guesstimates.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the team that no one else does?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Bellevue, WA) in February 2018.

Interview

Quick-- I transferred from Nordstrom, so the process was fast. I got a call 2 days later and had my interview the next day. Interview was 30 minutes. I interviewed with the manager of the department I applied for then was given a tour of the store. 1 week later received a phone call and was offered the job.