Nordstrom Rack Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

1.8

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

The process was a in person with the manager and then with the store manager . There was a series of multiple questions that were asked by both the store manger and the manager and then getting introduced to the team. The store manager questions were questions you would get from a higher level manager such as how can you contribute, why are you the right option. etc

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

Inductions by the employers from the main departments followed by one on one interview where the department leads asked questions. Not just one but two one on one interviews with the leads

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Princeton, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was simple and relaxing. It took about an hour and a half which wasn't bad considering it was a group interview. The group interview was not like the ones I have been to in the past. There were four people including me getting interviewed for different positions. Almost all of the managers from the store were there looking for the perfect candidates for the right department. Overall it went well and I got the job. I got an offer the day after the interview and then I got an email to fill out my employee papers the next day.

Interview Questions

• Goal oriented and past job experience. ex: Have you ever gone above and beyond for a customer? If so how? and what was the out come?...Name a time you set a goal for yourself and tell me how you reached that goal...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for a position with Nordstrom Rack for a new store opening on 7/11/14. I received an email for an interview invitation asking me to select a date and time for an in-person group interview. My date and time was confirmed via email the next day. My interview was scheduled for 7/31/14 but I had to reschedule the morning of the interview so I called and spoke with a woman to schedule it for the following day. She was very nice and very understanding of my situation and my interview was rescheduled for 2pm the next day, 8/1/14.

When I walked in for the interview (being that it was held at a local hotel), I was greeted immediately by one of the managers and she brought me to the room the interviews were being held in. I checked in with another manager, was given some paperwork to quickly read over and sign and then waited for the interview to begin. There were 5 managers at the interview, all of whom introduced themselves and gave a little back story to their history with Nordstrom. Then we all were shown a short video to show what working for Nordstrom is like. From there, we each were taken to a table with a different manager. I was interviewed by two different managers, the customer service/stock manager and the hr manager. Both were extremely friendly and very laid back. It was super easy to feel comfortable in this interview, which I haven't experienced much of.

The interview was pretty much as expected. They asked the typical "Tell me about a time" questions and "why do you want to work for us?" question. What I found to be the biggest selling point for them in the interview was that I researched the company and was able to talk a little about that. They also seemed happy that I mentioned about wanting to move up within the company. They discussed the orientation start date, my availability and such.

Both managers had informed me that they would be letting everyone know by the middle of the following week, after they received the references info for each applicant and checked references. With my interview being on a Friday 8/1/14, I received the email for the reference info on Monday early afternoon, 8/4/14. I completed it shortly after receiving it and received a call from one of the managers to confirm I had submitted the info and she began calling all references immediately. She was able to get in touch with them the following day, 8/5/14 and conducted the background check. Early in that evening on 8/5/14, she called back to offer me a position. It wasn't the one I applied for because she thought I would be better suited to customer service due to my experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical of interviews: Why do you want to work here? Tell me about a time.....   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation. The pay was above what I expected and is really decent pay for retail. My availability was discussed and they were flexible with it.