Nordstrom Rack Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Department Manager

Create your profile to get personalized information

Nordstrom Rack Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Boston, MA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very brief and informal. The department manager positions are people who are already working in the company. This makes it a little easier when trying to move within your own region, as most of the other store managers will already know who you are and how you work.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to improve business?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Questions are about examples of how to lead and motivate a team. Show you are a business owner and passionate about driving results and being competitive. You will sit with the store manager and go over your career with nordstrom. Throwing in fun and exciting goals you have reached in your previous roles will help you land the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time an employee was not meeting expectations. How did you coach that employee and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and few days later got an email to schedule a phone interview. For ex. you scheduled your appt at 10am. So basicall they will call btw 10am -12pm. I never recieved that phone call. There is no call back number. Im already employeed but curious what they have to offer but what made it fustrating was their unprofessionalism for unable to follow there own recruiting system and waisting my time while who ever suppose to call me was getting paid.

Interview Questions

• Sorry we are so unprofessional. We sent you 2 reminders about your phone interview appt time and we the one that forgot about it. With so many application submitted we believe all are associate are replaceable. So for us not calling you .. we could careless. Do you concur?   1 Answer

Lack of communication and professionalism.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Columbia, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

Panel interview. Interviewers asked questions about goals, leadership roles, teamwork, and career history. Key points included working in a fast paced environment, customer service skills, multitasking, and proper communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer and why did you decide to put in the extra effort for them?   Answer Question