Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.3

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then got an email for a phone interview. Easy to do and schedule. Called me about 10-15 minutes within the two hour time frame. Was quick and straightforward. Then was invited to do an in person interview during the call for three days later. I was told through the phone interview and the confirmation email to get in line to let a cashier know that I had an interview, but then I was told when I was in the front of the line that I didn't have to do that, (LOL) so to save time, just let any worker know and you should be fine. One on one interview with one of the department leads, got a tour of the place, and then had another interview with another department lead/manager. I thought I was gonna have to wait for a call, but they had me stay longer and I was actually hired on the spot! The whole interview is very casual and relaxed. Everyone that I encountered especially my department lead were super nice and friendly. Just be yourself and you'll do just fine. :)

I forgot the specifics of the questions but it consisted of team work experience and "tell me a time when..." scenarios. Wasn't too many either, just a good amount.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made an encounter with someone you didn't know, how did you go about it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • This environment is very fast paced and you will need to multitask, how do you go about doing one thing and trying to do another as well as helping out customers?   1 Answer

Interview

The interview was easy. They asked the basic customer service questions. They asked to describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer, what you did to fix the problem, and what the outcome was. It was very fast.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vacaville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Vacaville, CA).

Interview

Inductions by the employers from the main departments followed by one on one interview where the department leads asked questions. Not just one but two one on one interviews with the leads

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Watched a video I seen before ( make sure you do your research on the company and position, it's good to already know the environment that you will be working in ) was interview by 2 people. Their are really nice. Was asked a lot of work experience scenario and other personal question about my future. They do admire people that wants to be in the retail field and looking to expand their experience. Just be natural and as honest as possible.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself ?   1 Answer
    • The roles at your pervious job ?   1 Answer
    • Future goals, and other personal question.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

The interview process was very easy going. I applied online and took a quiz on how I would handle certain situations. I was called in for an interview within a week. It was a two person interview, but both interviewers were very friendly. They asked basic questions. I highlighted my skills with teamwork and they seemed to like that aspect of my work background.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Rover - Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Laguna Hills, CA).

Interview

A manager at the store will call you to inform they are interested in interviewing you at this position and find out your availability for an in-person interview. There may be some questions regarding your application and availability in general, but advice overall is just seem enthusiastic, positive, and a little excited. For this Rover (Sales/Stock Support) position specifically, you will be engaging with the Store Manager and the interview will be conducted by them. After you enter a store and ask for the Store Manager etc. , they will probably conduct the interview in a well decorated room (probably their office) in the back amongst a lot of clothes and boxes etc. The interview is very standard. For this position however it is essential to say that you want to be ACCURATE and as fast as possible, but without sacrificing that accuracy. Also it may be essential to say that you are willing to be on-call for any help the store requires. Dress well.

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of "After describing the position to you, what do you think the best qualities or characteristics a person can have for that position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Santa Rosa, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. You can choose the time and date of the phone interview and they will call you within the time frame that you have chosen. Set my appointment for 9AM and received a call around 9:20. Was asked my availability and a few other customer service questions and then promptly asked to come in the store for an interview at 10 AM scheduled 3 days later. Arrived at the store at 10 sharp and ended up waiting ten minutes for the manager who apologized profusely when she met me. Was taken into the back of the store and interviewed in the small warehouse area. Overall, interview was laid back, manager was friendly, and questions were simple and direct. Interview lasted no longer than 15 minutes. At the end the manager told me that she still had other interviews to conduct but that I would be contacted as soon as possible. 3 days later received a call and was offered the position.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they sent an email asking to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for 4:00 and they called me at 5:00. She asked for my availability, and I'm a full-time college student so I had to her my schedule for school. After that, she gave me an attitude about telling her my schedule, which I'm not sure why because that's something she would need to know if I was hired. She was completely unprofessional and extremely rude. After that, I didn't feel like we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to schedule a phone interview. In the phone interview, I was asked about availability, why I wanted to work at Nordstrom Rack and a couple customer experience related questions. I was then offered to schedule an in-person store interview.

In the store interview, I was informed that the original position I applied for had already been filled and offered the opportunity to speak with another manager about other open positions. I was interviewed by two managers who asked about availability and asked "Tell me about..." questions. I was given a tour of the store, shown some responsibilities of the role and introduced to employees. The interview process took a little more than an hour and everyone I met was very friendly which helped make the interview experience comfortable. At the end, I was told that I would receive a call in a few days. I heard back after 3 days with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied online. The interview was split into two parts. An at home video recorded interview done by corporate and then a few days between to find out I moved along and will be interviewed in store.

Overall they were fairly common and easy questions. Mainly behavioral with how you would act in difficult situations or sharing an actual experience you with a difficult customer or something else along those lines.

I know some people get a phone interview instead of the video recording first, I'm not sure what the difference is in getting those.

Interview Questions

• Share a time where you interested with a difficult person.   Answer Question