Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.3

Sort:

Associate Interview

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was online with video. Gave me a behavioral question 3 times and i recorded myself answering. In person was easier. Asked about my experience and if i had any questions for them

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

This is the first round of the entire process. You need to record a video that answers some pre-set questions through a online platform. You can only see those questions after starting the interview. You have 30s to prepare each question and you have 3min to record your answer.

Interview Questions

• They are all behavior questions:
      1.tell me about one of your projects.
      2.How do you learn new skills.
      3.tell me about the most difficult bug that you met and how you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Beverly Hills, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online at the Beverly Hills Nordstrom and got an email to do a video interview 2-3 days after. After I sent in my video interview, I got a call from HR asking me to come in for a second interview in person. I declined the interview because the hours they wanted me to work did not fit with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      How well do you work in a stressful environment?
      Tell me a time where you had to overcome a problem within a team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Riverside, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an online application then was emailed back several days later to complete a video interview. After the video interview a few days later, I was asked to call a phone number to schedule an interview with the store. The interview was 45 minutes long and the hiring manager showed me around the store.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I applied online and a few hours later received an email setting up a phone interview. I scheduled it a couple of days later. The phone interview lasted about 10 minutes and then I was set up for an in-store interview with the store manager scheduled two days later. I decided to cancel the in-store interview because I knew that the hours they required would not work with my schedule.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize your time in the store when you have to organize while there are many shoppers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Maitland, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a short process. My previous work experience at Neiman Marcus was the primary focus of discussion. There was also focus on how I have managed adverse situations on the job.

Interview Questions

• Was there any workplace accommodations.   1 Answer

Stock Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2018.

Interview

The interviewing manager was very Pleasant, she made me feel very comfortable, yet she was very professional. She was nice enough to follow up with a phone call after.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you gave exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Seattle, WA) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview was fairly easy. The phone interview lasted only fifteen minutes and the interviewer seemed satisfied with my answers without asking any follow-up questions. She asked mainly questions which appeared on Glassdoor.

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Application (early January) -> Video Interview (Recorded, Mid January) -> Technical Test (SQL, 1 week after video interview) -> 1:1 Video Interview (Interactive, notified 1 week after technical test, scheduled 2 weeks later)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at eCommerce team of Nordstrom.
      Example of aligning your task with business objective.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed both with managers at both the full line store, and the Rack.
    Interviews were standard. The hiring manager asked several basic questions regarding, personal character, background, experience, as well as posing a number of hypothetical scenarios in which you had to quickly develop a strategy in how to address specific, on-the-job issues

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to apply to Nordstrom Rack?   1 Answer