Nordstrom Rack Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.3

Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Application (early January) -> Video Interview (Recorded, Mid January) -> Technical Test (SQL, 1 week after video interview) -> 1:1 Video Interview (Interactive, notified 1 week after technical test, scheduled 2 weeks later)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at eCommerce team of Nordstrom.
      Example of aligning your task with business objective.
      Answer Question

Retail Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied for Nordstrom on a Saturday and was sent to schedule a phone screen interview 2 days later . After the phone screen was asked to come in for a i store interview. They were not busy at all very warm welcome people. I feel like I completed the interview fairly easy with no hesitation , I interviewed with that department manager and store manager. They were smiling and said I was doing great. I didn't get an in store four but she told me she would cal 3-5 business days to let me know if she got the job or not because she had a lot of other interviews this coming week as well.

Sale Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Applied online. Had an interview in a matter of days. Assistant manager asked a few questions and then walks around the store and the back. Then we go back and talk to manager.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a phone interview. It was about 10 to 15 minutes with fairly easy questions. After the phone interview I was offered an in person interview at the store the next day.

Interview Questions

• Most important thing about working in retail?   1 Answer
    • Describe how you've worked well in a group? What role do you play in a group setting?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Applied and received an email within 3 days to do a phone interview. Set up a time the to actually do it which was easy. Then called into store for the the store interview with a manager and was asked questions about former experience and availability.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in the store?   1 Answer
    • What is your availability?   1 Answer

Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for an interview. The interviewer was transparent in regards to the organizational structure and was interested in what skill sets I gained through passed work experience. The interview was very professional and I felt that it was a good fit for me. I wasn't able to accept the offer because the medical benefits did not match with my needs.

Interview Questions

• Name 3 key professional characteristics the right candidate would possess working in Loss Prevention.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied on line. A phone interview was requested via email. Set up time for them to call you on line.
    Brief phone interview. Set up in store interview at the end. They sent sevral emails confirming the interview along with the name of the instore manager I would be meeting with.

Rotating Sales and Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eatontown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Eatontown, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

Received an invitation for a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 10 minutes. Basic retail related questions. Invited to store interview. Was interviewed by two different department managers. Received a call 2 days later, offered position.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer

Stock Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed.com since it says there was an opening for stock team. Once I applied, I got an email to schedule a phone interview. It was a quick & easy interview. Asked about 3-4 questions, starting off with my availability . After that, she schedule me an in person interview for the next day. I went in, dressed professionally, & answered the questions confidentially & happily . I was actually applying for the stock team position but she said it was full so I got the women's department. After I was done, she showed me around & it was done. Waited 3 days and got too nervous so I called to check up on my status & she was actually going to call me that same day but I beat her to it lol after that I was officially hired !

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None . Offer was 11.75 starting

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buford, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Buford, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was emailed to set up a phone interview. During the phone interview the woman asked what days I was available and then asked what days I wasn't available which seemed redundant to me. I said I had full availability and scheduled an interview. The interview was fast. I had no retail experience, but did volunteer work which the hiring manager liked. Read on this site that there are usually 2 interviewers so I guess I didn't make it because after the first interview the lady showed me out and didn't say anything about calling back. Oh well.