Nordstrom Rack Women's Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Nordstrom Rack Women's Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.2

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Apply on line, get called for an interview. Afterwards they call in about a week with the verdict and your first day is usually a few days after that

Interview Questions

• What was a scenario in which you had go provide service that satisfied the customer while holding true to your given store policies?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Brief but informative. The manager of the department took me to her office and discussed demands of the position and asked me to elaborate on my customer service experience and offered me a few alternative scenarios. Then she told me about the layout of the store and gave me a tour.

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a little less than a week later for an in person interview. I interviewed with the women's department manager first who was very welcoming and laid back. Only asked about five questions which were situational customer service questions for the most part and availability.

If they like your answers, they send in another department manager right away to do a second interview which was the same amount of questions with more personal experience and company knowledge questions. After that they said I would get a call back in two to five business days.

I got an offer from them about two days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. They start everyone off at around $11 per hour depending on experience it could be higher.

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

Hiring was online, via the Nordstrom Careers website. Contacted for a video interview via email, which consisted of recording responses to about five basic questions regarding availability, why Nordstrom Rack, example of good customer service, etc. Each response was a minute long limit. Was called about a week later by Nordstrom Corporate asking to schedule an in-person interview. Went into the store, dressed business professional, and met with the Womens/Designers Department manager. She asked me a few questions regarding my life experiences (time I put myself out there, time I worked well on a team, experience with leadership, etc). Interview questions were pretty straightforward behavioral question that can be found on the internet, and was pretty short and friendly. Was called back a few days later for a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Brentwood, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

I spoke on the phone with someone from corporate. At the end of that, she told me I would get an email from someone at my local store soon in order to coordinate a time to come in and interview in-person. I did not hear back for about a month and a half because my information got lost in the shuffle, which is why I hate interviews where you have to go through corporate before interviewing at a local store.

Interview Questions

• Describe your greatest achievement   1 Answer

Women's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Syracuse, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called the next day for new opening of the store. Group interview, got told the background of the store & we shared our experiences of our work history then called one by one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Oxnard, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied Online, then received an email to complete a video interview. After that I was asked for an in-person interview with my potential department manager and was hired two days later.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in Nordstrom Rack?   1 Answer

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the Store Manager. It was very candid and comfortable. We chatted a bit before diving into the questions. Interview lasted about 20 mins and then we ended with a quick store tour.

Womens Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I went and applied for the job online, had a phone interview , received an email to come in for an interview, and was contacted a week later and accepted the position.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you gave the best customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told how much I was going to make

Women's Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Fresno, CA).

Interview

- Checked email as daily as possible.
    - Email had me set up an appointment for a phone interview.
    - Chose day and time.
    - Waited until that day, lady gave me a call within the hours that I chose.
    - Unfortunately, the positions were all filled already so they had my phone interview stored in profile
    - A month later, they called back for an in-store interview.
    - In-store interview was held in their backroom
    - Asked me about 7-10 questions in total
    - Told me she'd call by next week, but she never did so I kept calling that same week
    - Kept telling me that she would call tomorrow.
    - Finally called me back, but she went with a different person.

Interview Questions

• I already knew what questions were going to be asked since I've done so many interviews.   Answer Question