Nordstrom Rack Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Nordstrom Rack Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Nordstrom Rack

2.5

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

I sat down with the store manager and interviewed with her as she asked mostly personality questions. Then the department manager asked me questions about work experience. Really want to see that you put customers over work task

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Nordstrom Rack

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Apply online and called for interview a few days later. Did short phone interview and then was called again later to schedule in person interview. Interview was with 2 managers. They were very friendly and was a pretty simple ok interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you faced a conflict at work and how you over came it.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

You get the first phone call for the interview passed the second interview I don’t know if I pass or not but I emailed the manager and called in never called me back or emailed me back feels like irresponsible like it’s kind of a bad customer service in a way

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online received a email to schedule a phone interview passed the phone interview then i was set up for a interview in person 2 days later interview lasted about 15 minutes. Manager told me to expect a call back didn’t receive a call.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

First, there was an phone interview, but was mainly just asked about my availability and what department I was interested in working in. The second interview was an in person interview at the store where I was interviewed by two different department managers for two different positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as a team with a group of people.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

I was offered a position. This Thursday I was suppose to come in for paper work, just for the manager to call me & say never mind she's going with someone else. After all of that and I quit my former job. Very upset!

Anonymous Employee in Daly City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Daly City, CA).

Interview

Applied online, then got an email for a phone interview. Easy to do and schedule. Called me about 10-15 minutes within the two hour time frame. Was quick and straightforward. Then was invited to do an in person interview during the call for three days later. I was told through the phone interview and the confirmation email to get in line to let a cashier know that I had an interview, but then I was told when I was in the front of the line that I didn't have to do that, (LOL) so to save time, just let any worker know and you should be fine. One on one interview with one of the department leads, got a tour of the place, and then had another interview with another department lead/manager. I thought I was gonna have to wait for a call, but they had me stay longer and I was actually hired on the spot! The whole interview is very casual and relaxed. Everyone that I encountered especially my department lead were super nice and friendly. Just be yourself and you'll do just fine. :)

I forgot the specifics of the questions but it consisted of team work experience and "tell me a time when..." scenarios. Wasn't too many either, just a good amount.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made an encounter with someone you didn't know, how did you go about it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • This environment is very fast paced and you will need to multitask, how do you go about doing one thing and trying to do another as well as helping out customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Cherry Hill, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

There is a phone interview after submitting your application and then if you pass that, you go to an in-person interview where you'll meet with two managers. It was fairly simple and I was hired a few hours after meeting in person with the managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack (Orlando, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online and they sent an email asking to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the phone interview for 4:00 and they called me at 5:00. She asked for my availability, and I'm a full-time college student so I had to her my schedule for school. After that, she gave me an attitude about telling her my schedule, which I'm not sure why because that's something she would need to know if I was hired. She was completely unprofessional and extremely rude. After that, I didn't feel like we would be a good fit.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nordstrom Rack.

Interview

Applied online and scheduled a phone interview. Phone interview was easy, asked about availability and experiences I had with customers, and why I wanted to work at Nordstrom Rack. During the phone interview, an in-person interview was scheduled. The in-person interview was easy, the manager was very nice. Asked about availability, to give examples on when I worked in a team, etc, then I was given a tour around the store and introduced to employees. I was told that I would hear back in less than three days, on the fifth day I received a call saying I did not have enough availability and did not offer me the position.